Cruise Critic Community

We have a March Cruise  which ends up in Barcelona.  What is the best time to book your air through AIR2SEA.  I noticed that the prices seem to fluctuate often.  Should I book now, or wait it out a few months?  (Just wondering what your experiences have been)  Thanks

We are on that cruise, and the price seems to be stable for us. Prices vary greatly by destination,  where are you flying to?

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We are on that cruise, and the price seems to be stable for us. Prices vary greatly by destination,  where are you flying to?

Crazy Fares to Philadelphia...like over $1800 each.  If I fly to Newark NJ...it's $356, and from JFK it's $178........big differences.  This is our 3rd time flying back from Barcelona, and never paid more than $450.   I had hopes that prices might drop for Philly, but if not I'll book into one of the NY Airports, rent a car and drive home, which is an option.  We just got off of a TA on the Royal Princess where we ended up in Brooklyn.  We rented a car with AVIS, and it just cost $60 to get home, where we dropped the car locally.  

5 hours ago, Coochuck said:

We have a March Cruise  which ends up in Barcelona.  What is the best time to book your air through AIR2SEA.  I noticed that the prices seem to fluctuate often.  Should I book now, or wait it out a few months?  (Just wondering what your experiences have been)  Thanks

I'd book as soon as the flights are available to book.

6 hours ago, Coochuck said:

Crazy Fares to Philadelphia...like over $1800 each.  If I fly to Newark NJ...it's $356, and from JFK it's $178........big differences.  This is our 3rd time flying back from Barcelona, and never paid more than $450.   I had hopes that prices might drop for Philly, but if not I'll book into one of the NY Airports, rent a car and drive home, which is an option.  We just got off of a TA on the Royal Princess where we ended up in Brooklyn.  We rented a car with AVIS, and it just cost $60 to get home, where we dropped the car locally.  

$1800 to fly into Orlando, we booked for $1200 flying into Miami.  Price went down about $20 in last 3 months

I'm waiting for November 2020 flight schedules to come out.  Need to book flight from DFW to Barcelona for a B2B on Allure ending up in Miami and then a return flight from Miami to DFW.

If you book a refundable fare and then you see the price go lower, how do you go about getting the lower price? Can you do it online on a website somewhere or is it best to call..............and one more time asking this just so I know it's clear? if you would happen to cancel the whole cruise before the final payment date for the cruise , do you then owe nothing(no penatly of anykind for the air portion of the booking)? or is there a fee for canceling? and if you see the price of air go lower, can you change as many times as you want without a change fee?...says someting about a change fee but not sure what that is referring to?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

If you book a refundable fare and then you see the price go lower, how do you go about getting the lower price? Can you do it online on a website somewhere or is it best to call..............and one more time asking this just so I know it's clear? if you would happen to cancel the whole cruise before the final payment date for the cruise , do you then owe nothing(no penatly of anykind for the air portion of the booking)? or is there a fee for canceling? and if you see the price of air go lower, can you change as many times as you want without a change fee?...says someting about a change fee but not sure what that is referring to?

You would have to call Air2Sea.  Some part of the Air2Sea fee is non-refundable.  I believe it's $15pp for domestic flights and $25pp for international flights.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:52 PM, rhuntington3 said:

I'm waiting for November 2020 flight schedules to come out.  Need to book flight from DFW to Barcelona for a B2B on Allure ending up in Miami and then a return flight from Miami to DFW.

Even though the cruise returns to Miami, we are just booking SWA from FLL to the West Coast. We will Uber or meet a friend for lunch to get to the other airport. 

On 10/20/2019 at 11:23 PM, John&LaLa said:

$1800 to fly into Orlando, we booked for $1200 flying into Miami.  Price went down about $20 in last 3 months

We ended up booking direct flights on United from Barcelona to Newark for $438...not too bad...but prices into Philly never dropped from the $1800 range.