Cruise Critic Community
Madio

Does Premier Beverage Package Cover Dining Venues

I’m sure this must have been covered before, and we have cruised Princess 3 times in the past, so I should know the answer...... but I don’t remember. We are purchasing the Premier Beverage Package for our Dec. 17 Crown Princess Cruise.  My DH drinks beer with dinner, and I drink two glasses of wine.  Do I have to purchase 25% off bottles of wine to drink in the dining rooms and specialty restaurants?  If that’s the case, I may be better off bringing extra, and paying corkage, no?  At $70/Day, I would think the Premium Package would work for the dining room.

We get the PBP and it covers the wine in the dining room that is by the glass.  We have never ordered beer but I would assume that it would be covered as well.  The selections are limited but there is always something that matches up with the meal. 

The beverage package works the same in any bar or at any restaurant 

You can order any drink anywhere including the MDR. Your only limit may be what wines are offered by the glass. Another option is to go to Vines before dinner where they have higher end wines & bring the wine with you. 

I had the beverage package on my last cruise & the MDR staff learned what I wanted each night. 

Tom😎

Yes.

The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

It does, but I have been known to walk into dinner with a glass of wine from Vines.  I just let them know I need a "to go" glass and they pour it in a regular wine glass instead of the nice ones you get if you drink there. 

OH!  And there have been times when they don't have all the beers there, so my husband has to do the same, pick up a beer from another venue, or once he talked our assistant waiter into getting the Laganitas for other nights. 

Edited by jennybenny

Yep! I did have an uncomfortable experience when being offered a taste of a wine the server recommended in Sabatini’s, but they knew I had a bev pkg. I told the server I didn’t want to purchase a bottle and she acted so confused and had to get her manager. It was a bit uncomfortable but they resolved it. Just a misunderstanding.