Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Italy52

Princess Account Information-Hus. & Wife

Recommended Posts

For those that are married, do you and your husband have separate online Princess accounts?    The reason I asked is that I was sent an email regarding submitting pictures for a Princess photo contest.  Now, if I submit my 5 limit pictures and DH wanted to submit pictures he can't at this point because the email was sent to me and not him.  If he had an online account, there could be a possibility that he would be sent the same email regarding photo submittals.  Hopefully, I haven't confused you all by my post. 

 

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we have separate Captains Circle accounts. They were created automatically by Princess when we first booked a cruise with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We both have accounts. I've never paid any attention whether we both get the same emails. They all go to one email account and I don't generally read them, unless it's regarding a cruise that we have coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brisalta:  We do have two separate Captains Circle Accounts that were created by Princess so there is no problem there. 

 

JF - retired RRT:  When I tried to set up an online account for DH the system would NOT allow us to use the same email account.

HMMMMM!

 

Also, since you both have online accounts, is there any problem with your bookings?  Do they both contain the same booking information?  Do you just fill in one account with all your cruise information for check in, passport info, etc?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Separate Princess Captain's Circle account numbers. Even though we both have the same e-mail address, we have separate Princess logon passwords. Send in your photos. What's to lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DW and I both have our own princess.com accounts. Each uses our email as user name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every person has their own CC number.  AFAIK, for a couple, your 9-digit CC number is always the same and one will have an "A" suffix and one will have a "B".  I presume minor children might have "C", etc.

 

Anyway, as part of your CC profile, you will have an email address for Princess to contact you.  My wife and I have our own emails, but only mine is set to receive Princess marketing correspondence. 

 

For online access to the Princess website, you need to setup an online account and they expect an email address for that.  A new registrant is most likely assigned a default CC member number (or at least it will be assigned when the first cruise is booked).

 

You cannot have two CC Members with the same email address.  @skynight, I don't see how you can possibly have two Princess logins with the same email address - impossible.  Email address is the USERID and there is only one Password at a time.  I cannot say if there was some older method and some very long time members have some sort of grand-fathered id.  But I did some playing and Princess website will not accept anything other than a valid formatted email address for sign-in id.

 

@Italy52, I believe that you and spouse only ever setup one online account, so that is tied to one of your CC member numbers.  You can always setup another.  (You may have to get Princess to associate the correct CC number as I don't see that provided.  Of course it may find the person in their system by name and birthdate).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have the same email (currently), and our Princess Captain Circle account numbers are A and B (one kid is C and the other kid is a whole new number). 

I've considered calling Princess and asking them to split emails, but until we need to, it seems like a pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You cannot have two CC Members with the same email address.  @skynight, I don't see how you can possibly have two Princess logins with the same email address - impossible.  Email address is the USERID and there is only one Password at a time.  I cannot say if there was some older method and some very long time members have some sort of grand-fathered id.  But I did some playing and Princess website will not accept anything other than a valid formatted email address for sign-in id.

 

Sorry, this is inaccurate, as my husband and I both use the same email address and different passwords to access our Princess accounts. When my password is used my information comes up, when his password is used his information comes up. This may be a glitch, but it's our current situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Sorry, this is inaccurate, as my husband and I both use the same email address and different passwords to access our Princess accounts. When my password is used my information comes up, when his password is used his information comes up. This may be a glitch, but it's our current situation. 

It must be some kind of grand-fathered legacy thing.  For example, I cannot go into my CC Member profile and change my email address to my wife's.  It gives an error that the email address attempted is assigned to another member.  I also cannot setup a new profile and use an email address already in use for another member.  I did give myself the "out" of some legacy situation that allowed it.  I am really not sure how they support having two passwords.  I guess they decided to leave old accounts "as-is" and maintain two password values.  Strange.

 

Edited by steelers36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

It must be some kind of grand-fathered legacy thing.  For example, I cannot go into my CC Member profile and change my email address to my wife's.  It gives an error that the email address attempted is assigned to another member.  I also cannot setup a new profile and use an email address already in use for another member.  I did give myself the "out" of some legacy situation that allowed it.  I am really not sure how they support having two passwords.  I guess they decided to leave old accounts "as-is" and maintain two password values.  Strange.

 

I would agree, it's a legacy thing, it's been this way for us since we started cruising with Princess a million years ago 🙂

I am happy to change it, but haven't needed to yet. For Medallion cruises we did need to use two different emails. 

Edited by jennybenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we have separate accounts because we don't always cruise together.  He took a one-day cruise last year by himself just so he could best me on cruise credits ;-).  Whoever has the higher level at the time books the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would never enter a Princess photo contest. Why? If you read the fine print they get to use any photo with no remuneration, even if you don't win anything. My photos are too valuable to just give them away to a multi-million dollar company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Sorry, this is inaccurate, as my husband and I both use the same email address and different passwords to access our Princess accounts. When my password is used my information comes up, when his password is used his information comes up. This may be a glitch, but it's our current situation. 

Agree. We both have the same e-mail address with different passwords. I just tried it minutes ago and it works. Could it be that some phone apps don't allow this? I don't know, just a guess.

Edited by skynight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks to everyone for the great information --- my question is now answered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...