BaLcony rooms with no where to sit.

mafw

23 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Pooh,

Maybe be the deluxe balcony or mini suite is out of their budget.  Maybe the person with medical reason does not have the extra money to spend  Not every one can spend the extra.  It is a solution for those who can and want too.  I am sure that you understand this.

This.

If the only way you are comfortable in a cabin you are staying in for a bit of time, is to spend more money, is a money grab. A chair, to accomodate the occupants, is the norm when you are staying in a cabin/hotel room, pretty much world wide. 

A cruise ship cabin is not considered a Motel 6 type of accomodations, so basics are expected.

The discussion that not everyone wants a chair in their cabin, is off tpoic in this thread.

Comfortable cruising all!!!

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I disagree. Once should not have spend hundreds of $$$ more on a cruise just to get a chair so that two people have a place to sit in a cabin.

A possible solution is one I use.  I get 2-3 extra pillows from the steward upon boarding and use them on the bed and then I can sit up straight very comfortably with my legs up like in a lazyboy fashion.  I find that comfortable.  But you definitely need the extra pillows to do so.  

Pooh

3 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

This.

If the only way you are comfortable in a cabin you are staying in for a bit of time, is to spend more money, is a money grab. A chair, to accomodate the occupants, is the norm when you are staying in a cabin/hotel room, pretty much world wide. 

A cruise ship cabin is not considered a Motel 6 type of accomodations, so basics are expected.

The discussion that not everyone wants a chair in their cabin, is off tpoic in this thread.

I think that is the real issue as you stated and also the fact that the chairs have always been there but Princess has given no public statement on why they removed them while at the same time being deceptive by posting balcony cabin pictures with barrel chair as part of the deal.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, geocruiser said:

I understand what you are saying about booking in advance it can really help with the price.  It is doable for some, but for me, I really don't know what is doable for others.  All I am saying, if people have a budget and they have to strictly stick to it, they are only going to pay what they can afford, be it over a year to save for it or a life time.

I’m beginning to think that PoohUnderstands doesn’t really understand. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

A possible solution is one I use.  I get 2-3 extra pillows from the steward upon boarding and use them on the bed and then I can sit up straight very comfortably with my legs up like in a lazyboy fashion.  I find that comfortable.  But you definitely need the extra pillows to do so.  

Pooh

Could you imagine trying to eat your breakfast that way if you have it delivered to your cabin?  Or is that another one of the perks that has gone away?

Ray

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

This.

I agree with you.  A cruise ship is should give it PAX s place to sit in their cabin.  I would not have people come into my home and stand, or have to sit on a bed to eat, etc.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Could you imagine trying to eat your breakfast that way if you have it delivered to your cabin?  Or is that another one of the perks that has gone away?

Ray

To me this is one of the central issues.... they know people order room service, heck they give you another door hanging menu for breakfast every day whether you’ve used it or not.  And, they give you a little table for your tray to sit on so you can eat.  The table must look lonely without a chair lol.  Must be they’re now expecting one of you to sit on the floor like a slumber party   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

To me this is one of the central issues.... they know people order room service, heck they give you another door hanging menu for breakfast every day whether you’ve used it or not.  And, they give you a little table for your tray to sit on so you can eat.  The table must look lonely without a chair lol.  Must be they’re now expecting one of you to sit on the floor like a slumber party   

Maybe they are trying to discourage the use of room service by making it not practical to eat in your room without announcing another cut.  Less staff needed to make deliveries,  less staff time needed for tray removal and obviously less staff needed in preparing food....it would be nice if they could just publicly announce what their motivations were.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I wish I had had occasion to read this topic prior to boarding the Emerald Princess on November 5 for a TransAtlantic crossing from Barcelona.  Had we spoken up on embarkation day, we might have been able to obtain a barrel chair.  Yes, all the brochures and the web site still show that chair in the cabins but no, they are NOT there.  Our steward said that the chairs were taken out "over a year ago" and that there are still some in ship storerooms but all of them had already been given out for the duration of our cruise.   The takeaway: on embarkation day, immediately ask for a barrel chair.

When I crossed in 2017 on the Norwegian Getaway, my cabin had a very comfy sofa. 

On 10/26/2019 at 12:11 PM, InsideCabinGirl said:

Called Princess today to confirm our standard balcony category BB will have 2 chairs in balcony and one chair in room.

Yes, desk chair.

I think posters are lamenting the passing of the tub chair.

On the other hand, call princess a few more times...

...see how many different answers you can get.

Collect the whole set!

• Haha 1

After reading on here about the Barrel Chair being removed from the cabin we were both disappointed to see it was gone when we sailed on the Island Princess last  April.  We asked our room stewart if he could find a chair for us because we like to have our breakfast and sometime our lunch in our room.  He brought us a fold-up chair which worked for us..  I still haven't heard a logical reason why Princess removed the barrel chairs.

We sailed on the Regal Transposition cruise in October....and have reservations for the Enchanted in November, Transatlantic????, there is only ONE DESK chair......I need a CHAIR for BOTH my husband and myself to sit while cruising.....I may have to cancel my future cruises with Princess if the chairs are not replaced....

20 minutes ago, mafw said:

We sailed on the Regal Transposition cruise in October....and have reservations for the Enchanted in November, Transatlantic????, there is only ONE DESK chair......I need a CHAIR for BOTH my husband and myself to sit while cruising.....I may have to cancel my future cruises with Princess if the chairs are not replaced....

We are now pricing other cruises lines after solely sticking with Princess for many many years.....if other cruise lines offer a better cabin and itinerary experience then we are going with them which would never even have entered our minds in the past.....Princess is making all kinds of cutbacks and it is helping us to upgrade with other lines...there is a reason they did not rate in any of the top cruise line travel polls published this year.....Princess - please...please....please...can I have some more butter!! 🙂

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

We are now pricing other cruises lines after solely sticking with Princess for many many years.....if other cruise lines offer a better cabin and itinerary experience then we are going with them which would never even have entered our minds in the past.....Princess is making all kinds of cutbacks and it is helping us to upgrade with other lines...there is a reason they did not rate in any of the top cruise line travel polls published this year.....Princess - please...please....please...can I have some more butter!! 🙂

It seems that complaining about the chair situation here won't get anything done.

I'd be calling the corporate office in Santa Clarita, CA on the local line (not the toll free one) and ask for Jan Schwartz, Mario Siebaldi (Senior Vice President Guest Operations), George Scammell (Director, Interior Design & Operations @ Holland America Group, serving Princess Cruises), Paul Boxall (Corporate Senior Director of Guest Operations) and David Price (Director, Shipboard Hotel Personnel. Hospitality Ops).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Many of us found the chair to be nothing but a clutter gatherer that was in the way.

Obviously, it really bothers you when others have a different opinion than yours.

Is there some reason why you simply can't skip over this thread, and not upset yourself?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, scottca075 said:

It seems that complaining about the chair situation here won't get anything done.

I'd be calling the corporate office in Santa Clarita, CA on the local line (not the toll free one) and ask for Jan Schwartz, Mario Siebaldi (Senior Vice President Guest Operations), George Scammell (Director, Interior Design & Operations @ Holland America Group, serving Princess Cruises), Paul Boxall (Corporate Senior Director of Guest Operations) and David Price (Director, Shipboard Hotel Personnel. Hospitality Ops).

Oh really?.....there was a lot of complaining on CC when the Royal Class ships first came out and there was no center stair well for passenger use.....WALLAH!!  Passenger center stairwells have made an appearance on Royal class ships now!!!

7 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Oh really?.....there was a lot of complaining on CC when the Royal Class ships first came out and there was no center stair well for passenger use.....WALLAH!!  Passenger center stairwells have made an appearance on Royal class ships now!!!

I really believe the stairwell situation was changed due to other reasons and not from passenger complaints. Just look at the number of people complaining about the loud levels of music throughout all of Princess ships over the years and still they continue with it....possibly even louder lately. 

If Princess were to listen to all the complaints from passengers dissatisfied with every little thing and implement them the ships would never be able to sail. They do what they feel is the best & most economic decision for profits and if it doesn't sit well with certain customers I'm sure a few will be lost along the way but in the long run some people will just have to tolerate it or choose another cruise line. (just look at the coffee cards for instance) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

If the complaints persist, as they did with the stairway, the chances of Princess reacting are greater. In the absence of a couch or love seat in balcony rooms, which are included in just about every main stream lines, Princess had at least included a second place to sit. Why they removed them is still a mystery. Some thought they were in the way, yet I cannot recall one thread here complaining about them. But the fact that this subject keeps coming up indicates that the inclusion of the chair is important to many.

to those who complain about the recurring threads, just pass them by, as I do about the smoking rules & dress code threads. It’s really very easy.

• Like 7