Luggage Transfer on Back-To-Back Sailings

Doing back-to-back sailings on the Oasis Of The Seas...but in a different stateroom on each sailing.  Could someone who has done this in the past, post how one's luggage gets from the stateroom on the first sailing, to the new stateroom on the second sailing.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, cruisedoctor said:

Doing back-to-back sailings on the Oasis Of The Seas...but in a different stateroom on each sailing.  Could someone who has done this in the past, post how one's luggage gets from the stateroom on the first sailing, to the new stateroom on the second sailing.  Thanks!

You talk to your cabin steward, and go meet your new cabin steward.

Then on turnaround day, you leave your hanging stuff in the closet, put everything else in your suitcases, leave them inside your cabin, and the crew will move everything to your new cabin.

• Like 1

Here’s a little trick my wife does on on B2B cruises where we change rooms.  She packs all our clothing items that will go In drawers in plastic bags.  We don’t empty the bags, we place the bags in the drawers with the bags open towards the top.

On the morning of turnaround day, we just pick up the bags and place into our suitcases.  As mentioned before, you can leave everything that’s on a hanger in the closet and they will move them along with the suitcases.

i suggest you attach luggage tags with your new room number to your suitcases.

We have done this a number of times and it’s really quick.

They have brought a rolling luggage trolley to our room. We've assisted in the transfer of our belongings with a steward.   We just drop our stuff in the new room out of the way as the room usually is not clean yet and put our things in the new safe and off we go to meet as instructed for re boarding process. 

I feel better knowing it's done not wondering where my things are.

We've done this a couple different times.  As mentioned, left all our hanging items in the closet, everything else back in the suitcases.  Our current stateroom attendant was tracking but we still let them know we were transferring rooms and gave them the new room #.  Everything was ready and waiting for us when we got to the new room a few hours later, no issues whatsoever.

I did a B2B on Oasis about 2 years ago in two different rooms.  Towards the end of the cruise, they'll leave a notice for you that explains exactly what you need to do, but yes, the crew will move your luggage for you.  The notice will also explain where you are to go on turnaround day to have your new ship cards issued for the second week, and all B2B cruisers will have to go through Customs and reboard the ship (I'm sure this is some regulation somewhere, and the ship really can't do much about it).  It's quick, and once you're done, you're free to do whatever you like.  When I was there, we were given tickets to a complementary lunch at Giovanni's table on turnaround day.

• Like 1