Chefs Table........Beware!

countess5

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Wow!  You canceled a cruise because you didn't like the menu?!  That's dedication!

LOL

That's right, they aren't going to feed ME curried cauliflower!  😉

No, actually it was a work-related issue - unfortunately, I will here working while other lucky people are eating curried cauliflower...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

However the S3 which is the least expensive sky suite is partially obstructed.  We make sure our S2 is on the opposite side of the ship from the Magic carpet.  It also can be noisey if the carpet is above or below the level of your cabin- or the railings create a real obstruction.  For a couple of hundred dollars go for the S2.

I looked at the remaining S3's - the ones on 6 and 11 that I wouldn't like as much, but many I could potentially swap, if got one of those (deck 12 is the worst and booked already - they still had availability on 9 and 10). The S3's I saw were very nice - the views were very good, if not perfect, and balconies 103 sq ft - only thing I might miss would be the bed facing the ocean, but wouldn't be laying in bed much. 🙂 I did mock bookings of the guarantee and the S2's and liked that I could get into a Edge suite for about $5000 for two. Alas, I will be home cooking a turkey ...🙂

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Good grief $200pp 😳. You could go on another cruise for virtually the same money:

01F75F19-BE83-453F-A87F-7B48375B4EE5.jpeg

I know. I went through all of these cruises this morning to try to make one work with my work schedule, but would have to make a lot of swaps so will just have to pass. There are some great deals!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I know. I went through all of these cruises this morning to try to make one work with my work schedule, but would have to make a lot of swaps so will just have to pass. There are some great deals!

How about joining us on EDGE Nov 15th.. We'd be a great team and I could sure  use your help with the Art Walk..   think about it....and then you can drive over to the Fla  west coast for a few days of r and r!

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

How about joining us on EDGE Nov 15th.. We'd be a great team and I could sure  use your help with the Art Walk..   think about it....and then you can drive over to the Fla  west coast for a few days of r and r!

I looked at it - I am scheduled to work a couple of days during that cruise....

52 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That's right, they aren't going to feed ME curried cauliflower!  😉

No, actually it was a work-related issue - unfortunately, I will here working while other lucky people are eating curried cauliflower...

Oh.  I know you're joking about work.  I wouldn't take a cruise where I'd have to eat cauliflower.  Nasty stuff.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I looked at it - I am scheduled to work a couple of days during that cruise....

Darn...no cauliflower for you!  I actually like it but  no way curried....

1 minute ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Guess you should always read the fine print on the menu!   You made out fine, free wine pairing for everyone in your party.   

But they should really make it clear when it is booked...We are aware of that issue but others might just take the quick sell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:38 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Guess you should always read the fine print on the menu!   You made out fine, free wine pairing for everyone in your party.   

FYI to all, there was no menu provided. That is another change that was disappointing, we always liked to take the menu with the wine paired back home and purchase the wines we liked. We took pictures of each bottle when served this time. 

I have to say for the cost we did receive a cookbook ( it was our third and it weighs 7 Lbs which I brought home from overseas in my pack back) also a picture of the people at the table. 
The experience was great, the people at the table make the night. No officers at the table, not that they were missed. Have had them before and they seem to not want to be there. 

The thread was just a heads up for all. Heading out to Royal Caribbean’s 50th anniversary cruise next Friday, will see how they handle chiefs table on Symphony! 

Cheers! 

On 10/22/2019 at 1:40 PM, vtcruising said:

Bo, off topic, but in case you haven't seen the exciting deals for this week, your Edge cruise has suite guarantees for $2399 PP no perks (with 4 perks for $2799). 🙂  I was very tempted...

Worth it. But not near or under magic carpet.  

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

The thread was just a heads up for all. Heading out to Royal Caribbean’s 50th anniversary cruise next Friday, will see how they handle chiefs table on Symphony! 

Cheers! 

I suspect you will find the Chef's Table on Royal to be outstanding!!! We've done them on two different ships and they were both far and away superior to the one we did on Celebrity!!!  Enjoy!

On 10/22/2019 at 10:31 AM, vtcruising said:

I found this menu and it says at the bottom $60 PP for the wine. Not sure if yours was the Daniel Boulud Chef's Table or if they are changing the regular Chef's Tables to have the wine in addition to the cost.

image.png.5c490db7afe098f0c882cc99c5730374.png

We did not receive a printed menu - thus no warning or mention of an additional charge - it was just poured. We actually wondered why no printed menu.

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That is odd. Is this the menu you had? How was it?

We had no printed menu at all. The dinner was great!! I had no idea the wines were extra. No one mentioned it, we were not asked, and it was billed for the wrong night, and we (nor another couple at the table) did not order it. Baffling. My guess is they changed how they charge, and did not tell anyone working on the ship.

9 minutes ago, Bfb832cc said:

We had no printed menu at all. The dinner was great!! I had no idea the wines were extra. No one mentioned it, we were not asked, and it was billed for the wrong night, and we (nor another couple at the table) did not order it. Baffling. My guess is they changed how they charge, and did not tell anyone working on the ship.

I would not have been happy - glad they took off the charge. 🙂