Cruise Critic Community
kellymccrea

Laundry specials on 11 night cruise

I'll be going on an 11 night cruise with Norwegian and I'm trying to work on my packing list.  I'm trying to make an effort to pack lighter than usual and would like to utilize the "stuff a bag laundry special" if it works out.  Does anyone have any experience with an 11 night cruise and when/how many times the laundry special would be offered?  I've searched and have found answers for 7 night and 15 night, but not inbetween.  I'll be in a very warm weather destination so I know I'll be getting extremely sweaty and sink-washing is not a thing I'm interested in.  Thank you! 

21 minutes ago, kellymccrea said:

I'll be going on an 11 night cruise with Norwegian and I'm trying to work on my packing list.  I'm trying to make an effort to pack lighter than usual and would like to utilize the "stuff a bag laundry special" if it works out.  Does anyone have any experience with an 11 night cruise and when/how many times the laundry special would be offered?  I've searched and have found answers for 7 night and 15 night, but not inbetween.  I'll be in a very warm weather destination so I know I'll be getting extremely sweaty and sink-washing is not a thing I'm interested in.  Thank you! 

There will be at least one, if not two.  I can't say for certain but in my past experience you could expect an additional special on a cruise of that length.  Best bet is to plan for ONE, and assume it will be mid way through your cruise and plan accordingly. 

I was on a 10 night Med and we only got the special one time.  With that being said, I did pack some Tide sink packs and was able to hand wash a couple of smaller things when needed.

Edited by albycruisin

My ten-nighter also had only one laundry special.  I have been hand washing clothes in hotel and ship sinks (and hanging them to dry in baths/showers) since my grandmother showed me how 60 years ago. 

We had two on our 10 day, day 3 and day 6.  Seems to be another one of those things you can't anticipate.  If it comes too early on our 11 day, I'll try to find out if I can expect another later. Doesn't help with packing though.  

For the OP (kellymccrea) what cruise are you on to better answer your inquiry ?

Hopefully our readers having taken similar length cruises can provide further insight - - -

It would help to note if your 10-11-12 etc. day cruise is a regular scheduled event or a repositioning cruise.

With a regular scheduled trip someone may have the Daily with laundry info.

Repositioning cruises would have a least one laundry bag deal - the closer to a two week cruise i.e. west coast

Panama Canal Miami a second.

A thing to factor in is a cruise starts in cold weather country passes through hot humid and then back to cold

so your clean clothing needs would vary - learning how to mix and match getting a 2nd day wearing out of clothes

before laundry. Doesn't work for everyone. Underwear and sox can be done easily in IN-sink cabin laundry but

these don't take up a lot of luggage space. Give some thought before you reach that situation -

"Oh my gosh what am I going to wear?" I have no clean clothes ! And you certainly don't want to be carting along

a steamer trunk with your entire wardrobe.

Not everyone is Platinum where you can set your own laundry day.

If you are P and you also can use that bag deal - you can cover just about any scenario of laundry service.

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

For the OP (kellymccrea) what cruise are you on to better answer your inquiry ?

Hopefully our readers having taken similar length cruises can provide further insight - - -

It would help to note if your 10-11-12 etc. day cruise is a regular scheduled event or a repositioning cruise.

With a regular scheduled trip someone may have the Daily with laundry info.

Repositioning cruises would have a least one laundry bag deal - the closer to a two week cruise i.e. west coast

Panama Canal Miami a second.

A thing to factor in is a cruise starts in cold weather country passes through hot humid and then back to cold

so your clean clothing needs would vary - learning how to mix and match getting a 2nd day wearing out of clothes

before laundry. Doesn't work for everyone. Underwear and sox can be done easily in IN-sink cabin laundry but

these don't take up a lot of luggage space. Give some thought before you reach that situation -

"Oh my gosh what am I going to wear?" I have no clean clothes ! And you certainly don't want to be carting along

a steamer trunk with your entire wardrobe.

Not everyone is Platinum where you can set your own laundry day.

If you are P and you also can use that bag deal - you can cover just about any scenario of laundry service.

it’s not until June 7, on the Getaway, out of Rome.  Not a repositioning cruise. And yes, I know it’s incredibly early, but I like to start anticipating and planning early.  I’ve searched for dailies but can only find 7 and 15 day cruises.  It will be hot the whole time and I’m nowhere near Platinum.  And I will not be washing things in the sink, just not a thing I want to do on vacation.  I tried it once on the last Norwegian Cruise I was on with workout clothes, and it took forrreeeevvveeerrr for them to dry in the room. So annoying.  

Thanks for your input everyone. If I have to, I’ll just pay for the laundry to be sent out.