Priority Check In ???

m8zenblue

I received a packet today with my cruise documentation, luggage tags and express pass from AAA Travel.

There was a letter included that stated "Priority Check-In".

Is this offer for real or is it something that will not affect me.

I am assigned to Concierge Class.

The last time I cruised 2 years ago we were also Concierge Class we went right through TSA and right through check-in, it took about 30 minutes for entire process and we were sitting in MDR having lunch.

So, will this letter make it a faster process ???

priority check-in.pdf

I know that many passengers using AAA Travel will receive a letter saying that they qualify for priority check-in (we see this frequently with Princess passengers traveling to Alaska at Seattle's Pier 91).  We will have to tell them that priority check-in is determined by Princess, not AAA Travel.

I know that you are traveling on a Celebrity ship.  At least in Seattle, each Celebrity stateroom / loyalty level has it's own line (Elite/Suite; Aqua, Concierge and everyone else).  You should look for large banners with "Concierge" as you enter the final check-in area.  I am guessing that each cruise terminal is set up in a similar way system wide.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
added additional text

As far as I can see, this is just a reference to the expedited check-in process for those who complete everything online, it is in the 'small print' at the bottom.

It isn't a AAA benefit, just the normal consequence of completing all the formalities before you get there...

54 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I received a packet today with my cruise documentation, luggage tags and express pass from AAA Travel.

There was a letter included that stated "Priority Check-In".

Is this offer for real or is it something that will not affect me.

I am assigned to Concierge Class.

The last time I cruised 2 years ago we were also Concierge Class we went right through TSA and right through check-in, it took about 30 minutes for entire process and we were sitting in MDR having lunch.

So, will this letter make it a faster process ???

priority check-in.pdf 1.9 MB · 11 downloads

TSA does not screen for cruise ships.

MarkT, It is supposed to be an AAA benefit, nothing to do with whether one does the Xpress pass or not.  The problem is thatThere is a continuous miscommunication between AAA and the cruise lines. The cruise lines and terminal employees seem to be unable to recognize this benefit. Even if you show them that letter, they simply direct you to the correct queue for your class of state room.  This has been going on for years.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

MarkT, It is supposed to be an AAA benefit, nothing to do with whether one does the Xpress pass or not.  The problem is thatThere is a continuous miscommunication between AAA and the cruise lines. The cruise lines and terminal employees seem to be unable to recognize this benefit. Even if you show them that letter, they simply direct you to the correct queue for your class of state room.  This has been going on for years.

Understood, but if you check the small-print on that voucher it references it only being valid if you have completed online check-in and have a valid SetSail Pass... image.png.4c7364352363ca2339148526a7c55b0a.png

I gave my booking for January 2020 to a friend who works for AAA. I also saw the priority boarding notation. When I asked AAA, they said there was always a special line. 🙄 Since I have not seen this line ever, i will just follow the instructions at the pier. 

As mentioned by others, boarding is called  by cabin class: suite,  gambler status   AQ, Concierge, etc  and by loyalty tier: Zenith, Elite plus, Elite, etc.

Sep waiting area for the suites  & Zenith

Recently returned from a sail out of Vancouver on Solstice--we were Aqua and we had to wait with everyone else in the order we were received. The only ones who got priority boarding were suite guests. Period. No recognition of CC levels or anything else. First time that's ever happened. We had completed everything online and already had our set sail pass. 

I offer that it may differ according to embarkation port city.  For us out of San Diego earlier this year there was a dedicated line for Concierge Class guests and the Concierge was there to greet everyone, but after that... wait with everyone else in order received.

Edited by Langley Cruisers