Cruise Critic Community
Kbud

Are the Havana Cabins worth the extra money?

We are trying to book a 8 day cruise on the Horizon and our choices are a balcony "guarantee" or a Havana balcony.  The difference is a little over a grand between the two.  We are concerned about getting a guaranteed balcony with an obstructed view.  Also, can someone tell me what they mean by "obstructed".  Thanks.

We had a Havana Cabana in Sept on the Vista and it was totally worth it to us. We love to be out on our patio and by the pool. The little patio had a swing, a lounger and a chair. We were on Deck 5 so we just walked out our little gate and around the corner and were at the Havana Pool and Bar which was never crowded. We booked the Panorama for May 2020 and will do the Havana again but this time Aft Balcony. Hope this helps!

I had a Havana Cabana back in August/September on the Vista.  I would not book any other area on the ship besides Havana.  The pool and area was worth every penny especially on crowded sea days.

Can someone tell me if the Havana Rooms and the Family Harbor are the same or something all together different?

55 minutes ago, MzOhioLady said:

Can someone tell me if the Havana Rooms and the Family Harbor are the same or something all together different?

They are different.  Family harbor is for families with children.  The havana no one under the age of 12 us allowed to stay in that area.

We had a Havana Cabana on the Vista last year and it was the best money we have ever spent and will book one anytime we cruise on a ship that has them.  We loved walking right out our back door on to our patio and then around the corner to the bar & pool that was never crowded.  It is 100% worth it to us!

To piggy back on the OP's question, I'm thinking about booking a Havana cabana cabin; but am worried about there being lots of foot traffic outside of the "patio" area... did anyone think there was a lot of people outside? 

5 hours ago, Sigforty said:

They are different.  Family harbor is for families with children.  The havana no one under the age of 12 us allowed to stay in that area.

Thanks So Much 

4 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

lTo piggy back on the OP's question, I'm thinking about booking a Havana cabana cabin; but am worried about there being lots of foot traffic outside of the "patio" area... did anyone think there was a lot of people outside? 

I saw where others had the same concerns - a lack of privacy since there really wasn't a "balcony", just a patio area with a swing gate to separate you from the walkway (which opens up to general shipboard traffic after 8-ish).

It will be interesting to see the replies.

From the pictures the outside part looks to have very little privacy with your havana neighbors let alone anyone walking by.

15 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

To piggy back on the OP's question, I'm thinking about booking a Havana cabana cabin; but am worried about there being lots of foot traffic outside of the "patio" area... did anyone think there was a lot of people outside? 

"foot traffic" for the lanais on the outer sides of the Havana areas is limited to who ever is in cabins closer to midships than the cabin you are in.  To us the openness of the lanai made for "good" neighbors. Easy to chat to wave hello etc.  Most are heading to or from the Havana pool area anyway. 

The Havana decks on the Vista and Horizon are totally worth it for the "privacy".  A bit confused by the Havana layout melding into the summer landing layout on the Mardi Gras, so we went spa cove for our upcoming 2021 cruise.

15 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

We have stayed in HC rooms multiple times and there is not a lot of foot traffic , and loved the rooms, def worth the extra bucks. 

Clarify. Isn't there a difference between a Havana CABANA and a Havana BALCONY? All of the balconies in the Havana section don't have the weird patio thing, do they?

27 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Clarify. Isn't there a difference between a Havana CABANA and a Havana BALCONY? All of the balconies in the Havana section don't have the weird patio thing, do they?

There is a difference.  Havana balconies are just that.  HC are restricted access but same floor as the pool, hot tubs towel booth and bar.

20 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

There is some traffic, but not much.  I noticed the most people on the first day at embarktion, where people were more able to roam the ship freely.  The rest of the cruise you may get some folks coming by after 7 pm to check out the area.  At no point did I feel there was a lot of people and they distrupted my cabana experience.

3 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

The cabana's are on deck 5.  The balconies they offer are on Deck 6 and 7 aft on the Vista, and they added deck 8 to the Hoizion and Panorama I beleive.

We have sailed in the Cabana's twice and love them.  Traffic is very minimal and we were never bothered by anyone.  The only drawback that we have seen is that luggage delivery was held until muster drill on both occasions.  This makes sense as they cannot stack 100 plus suitcases outside the Havana bar while everyone is checking out the ship.  We have another booked for Panorama in 2021. I doubt we will do Havana on Mardi Gras, but I will wait for Jimbo's reveiw before making that decision.

Edited by figdu