Enhanced TV Programming for Suites?

kruzin2010

Just off the Zuiderdam and the only thing I can complain about was the lack of TV programming.  ( well, and maybe the fact that the sleep timer didn’t work on the remote)😉.    Under the TV series it was all HAL programming on ports etc.  No Half hour comedies or hour series to watch.  

In in the Cruise Brochures from the future Cruise desk it says under amenities for suites something to the effect of “enhanced TV programming” but when I asked the future Cruise person they said no, all the same programming.  

Anyone know now if you do get a more diverse choice in a suite?

On the Zuiderdam in April in a signature suite we had house hunters international and a couple of others.   This fall on the Koningsdam in a balcony we had no tv shows at all.  Didn’t know if this difference is from the suite or just another cut? 

Edited by bennybear

I have the Travel Channel at my home and the programming has nothing to do with travel.  It has been  garbage programming since they were taken over by a new company.   

The programming that is delivered to the On-Demand TV's is the same for all cabins.  It would require additional server code to restrict certain levels of cabins from receiving specific programming.   Carnival Corp has a blanket contract with program providers.   Last March/April on the Eurodam, in a regular veranda cabin, we had 3 seasons of the Big Bang Theory,  many episodes of House Hunter's International,  episodes of PBS programming,  and many other TV series.  That was in addition to hundreds of movie titles,  information channels, and 7 live news and sports channels.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 7:22 AM, kruzin2010 said:

Oh that’s funny. We noticed that too.  Every single time you’d turn on the travel channel it was a bout a ghost!   

Too TRUE!  What's with that?  They used to have good TRAVEL shows!🙄