New Amount Due...after Final Payment

VtMac

Sailing in January and made our final Payment on August 9th.  I go into our MyNCL account quite often to check on check in status, excursions, new things etc and all along we have had a zero balance.  Yesterday it showed we now owe $34.90.  I can't find where that came from or why, so I call.  NCL says we show you as paid in full it's a glitch.  I asked for an email stating that, because I am paranoid like that, and all they could send was the confirmation. We already had the confirmation and our eDocs so I really didn't need that to be sent.  So my questions, has it happened to you?  Did you push to make the online account reflect what they are seeing for your own peace of mind?  Did you get it resolved and how? And finally...am I making more of this than it is?

Did you happen to change anything from your original booking?  This happened to me for my upcoming trip. I had paid in full, then the website said I owed them $35.00...

I called, as I was worried like you they would cancel my trip...  I went through line by line with the person on the phone.

I had upgraded my stateroom from our original trip, and apparently due to this, it changed the cost of travel insurance - upping it the $35.

Might want to do a line by line look at your emailed receipt and the online info to see what you can find!

Edited by The7Cs

2 hours ago, The7Cs said:

Did you happen to change anything from your original booking?  This happened to me for my upcoming trip. I had paid in full, then the website said I owed them $35.00...

I called, as I was worried like you they would cancel my trip...  I went through line by line with the person on the phone.

I had upgraded my stateroom from our original trip, and apparently due to this, it changed the cost of travel insurance - upping it the $35.

Might want to do a line by line look at your emailed receipt and the online info to see what you can find!

That's what I did with them yesterday.  I guess it is truly a glitch.  Now on to hockey season til I can bail to the warmer climates.  Thanks to both of you for the response

Ok I'm having the same problem. The PCC I used only sent me the confirmation letter. So, I decided to call NCL this morning and get a second opinion.  Again, I was told my balance was 0 and she too sent the confirmation letter. I'm sorry, but it's unsettling to see this when you click on your reservation that's paid in full! 

IMG_0622.PNG

Edited by Heather1972
  • Like 2

I have the 3 free dinning package and I just added a dinner reservation, which brings me to 4 reservations now.  And, I added a 

complimentary show (Choir of Men) and I'm getting the same payment message now. 

Actually, nothing showed in my cart and I went to check out and it didn't show a balance.  But it also didn't show that anything was booked (aka it went through). 

So I went and logged out and back in.  Now it shows all the dinning reservations and the show reservation.  But now it's also showing "it's on hold and they are awaiting final payment" - but this has been paid in full for a while.  So either, because I added a 4th dinner and they are charging me - or it's a glitch.  I'm not sure, but instead of making myself crazy I'm walking away for the night and will deal with it tomorrow instead.  

6 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

Ok I'm having the same problem. The PCC I used only sent me the confirmation letter. So, I decided to call NCL this morning and get a second opinion.  Again, I was told my balance was 0 and she too sent the confirmation letter. I'm sorry, but it's unsettling to see this when you click on your reservation that's paid in full! 

We're getting that too! Very unsettling. I've downloaded and printed multiple copies of everything just in case. 

Just now, jaja said:

NCL seems to be having lots of problems with the site !  As I posted last week, sporadically as I signed in, my final payment due  kept changing for NO reason. 

Yep! It's also NOT our job to fix their stuff. I just paid the $7.90 since I don't have time to sit and call people who can't figure it out. Now I have a  CREDIT balance! I guess that's better than seeing "your cruise is on HOLD!" lol 

I had something like that happen two weeks before last September's cruise on the Breakaway.  Ended up being the Shore Excursion Desk cancelling one of my excursions and replacing it with another one which was the same but more expensive.  The price difference appeared billed to my reservation, they matched the price of the first one right away but it took them a few days for it to appear corrected on my reservation.

Something similar to this happened to me on another cruise I have booked on another line; but it was $177 and I was freaking out.  It was a glitch in the finance dept. and when I was panicked it would cancel after final payment date, it didn't.  I think as long as you can access the edocs you are good to go.