LIVE Equinox 8 Night Eastern Caribbean!!!!

h20cruzer

Halloween, Oct 31, last sea day😢

I had a great day yesterday, so much fun to relax and chat with friends new and old.

still now sure why the Martini bar is only staffed with 2 bartenders during one of its busiest times, to be fare I think the service has improved slightly. Still seeing people giving up and leave, then see them return after going to another bar and getting a drink. Well Enough of that. We had dinner with six new friends last night and Murano they sat us in the wine room which was nice and private so we could really get to know each other. That service and the food we’re both excellent. It’s hard to figure out how time can slip by that fast we were there almost 3 hours. View from the Tuscan was so so beautiful this morning pic below

175A2FA1-AC4A-4BE3-8036-90403A500725.jpeg

86F44DE2-5B9F-4E6A-80BA-07AC89D388E8.jpeg

BEF6C753-3770-46AD-8946-6C2A9CC7B4B9.jpeg

9A1A0DA5-5BB3-46BC-9E25-F3270468A17C.jpeg

D9512E9A-C0C5-4A2E-817A-2E25BFCE2742.jpeg

Friday Nov 1

Where does The time go. This cruise has just flown by I blink my eyes and two or three days of gone by I have never had a cruise that is move this fast. So many nice people I have met and so many lovely conversations I have had I couldn’t ask for a better cruise as far as other passengers have gone. Below are today’s dailies I’m just getting ready to hop in the shower and head to the martini bar for our last night on the ship. Luggage is about 95% packed and I chose to use the luggage valet service this time it is $25 and they’ve brought all of my documents and I put my suitcase out by 10 tonight next time I look at it I will be getting off the carousel in San Francisco.

A82E38D5-F70D-42AC-9B26-0C7137B24A42.jpeg

CDE1915F-F096-488F-A228-B43B250F69A2.jpeg

53680109-4B46-41E1-BC10-7ADFDF612F69.jpeg

5730B024-1721-4AF9-9E60-91FDFB454CA7.jpeg

032DDD87-F63B-44FE-9747-C08F0F79530D.jpeg

7AEFDE64-152F-4F22-B726-79DA9563091F.jpeg

0796F8DF-0CD6-46DE-B243-9DBB75B58564.jpeg

9ACF4669-2877-48CA-A953-730D4AF3409A.jpeg

Thanks for taking some of your vacation time to share your experience. As a new cruiser, I especially enjoyed the posting of the daily information which has provided insight as to how to plan my day, if needed. There are definitely activities that I didn't know existed and it's nice to get a feel for the musical selections around the ship. Sounds like the Ensemble and Sunset bar may end up being my favorite venues to enjoy music. 

Your review has helped to paint a picture of what we may expect aboard and added to the fun anticipation that is part of the waiting for a trip!😊

Friday Nov 1

Where does The time go. This cruise has just flown by I blink my eyes and two or three days of gone by I have never had a cruise that is move this fast. So many nice people I have met and so many lovely conversations I have had I couldn’t ask for a better cruise as far as other passengers have gone. Below are today’s dailies I’m just getting ready to hop in the shower and head to the martini bar for our last night on the ship. Luggage is about 95% packed and I chose to use the luggage valet service this time it is $25 and they’ve brought all of my documents and I put my suitcase out by 10 tonight next time I look at it I will be getting off the carousel in San Francisco.

Can't believe I am back home and the cruise is over so quickly.

Leaving the ship was simple and quick. They used facial recognition.

No line to grab a cab to the airport. Charge was $14.95 plus tip. Check in was quick an onto the United lounge.

Flying home United, flight was 1 1/2 hrs late leaving, I had a 3 hr layover and was able to make my connect, but many others on my flight missed their connections.

Going to outline a few things I felt were  misses and then I will do hits.

1.  Service was very slow in Cafe Al Bacio. I felt they were under-staffed, and the staff that was there really didn't seem like they were just overwork.  It pains me to say that because I have always had great experiences in Al Bacio.

2.  Same holds true for the Martin Bar. There were times 2 and 3 people deep with only 2 bartenders. I can not count

how many times people left with no drink or went to another bar and then came back with a drink. Very disappointed.

Once you got the bartender's attention they made a decent drink.

3.Three of the bathrooms I used on a regular basis has a light outside the handicapped stall when in use. In all 3 bathrooms this light was not lighting up. I notified the bathroom attendants on multiple occasions however the lights were never fixed.  Not the end of the world but annoying when you think the stall is empty when its actually busy.

4. Soap dispenser in bathroom by the ensemble lounge broken for days, never fixed. Again not life changing but if you wanted to wash with soap... had to use the other sinks in the main bathroom.

After the first few days of poor service in Cafe Al Bacio and the Martini bar, I should of spoke to the bar manager. It was my bad I didn't, I just kept hoping it would improve. If they don't know there is a problem how can they fix it.

Now for the hits.

1. Excellent service in Murano, Tuscan and Sushi on 5.

2. Excellent food in Murano, Tuscan and Sushi on 5.

3. Shout outs to Marko and Michael in Murano, Diego and Ryan in Tuscan.

4. Bar service in all other bars was excellent.

Ship overall  including my cabin was in decent shape, I had good water pressure and hot water in shower.

If anyone has any questions I am more than happy to answer. Here are a few more pictures to wrap up my trip.

Thanks for following along it was fun.

8FF541A2-AE7D-42A0-A38A-72DE46BB2BA3.jpeg

555D0F59-5701-41F5-97BA-D3640B0790AE.jpeg

146A80AA-2BB9-4CDF-AF68-78D6C1F7EC5E.jpeg

26D8BF32-9CFC-4A7B-89BA-0C5D6C84A526.jpeg

5EA1FED5-74F2-47A9-9CF8-B474D3771AD0.jpeg

C2BD2057-B1B8-44EE-9296-7BE1ADF5A39F.jpeg

BFCF0460-058A-48E0-AED0-54D3973775BA.jpeg

E8A77D38-F765-4110-A281-18566AFA042A.jpeg

Edited by h20cruzer
Added pics
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed your review and your pictures.  Getting me excited for our upcoming cruise on February 15th on the Equinox.  Then again in February 2021 for my 60th birthday.  The Equinox is mine and my husband's favorite ship.

2 hours ago, aml3679 said:

Enjoyed your review and your pictures.  Getting me excited for our upcoming cruise on February 15th on the Equinox.  Then again in February 2021 for my 60th birthday.  The Equinox is mine and my husband's favorite ship.

We will be getting on as your are getting in 2020.  Loved this review.  Makes me so excited to go on the Equinox!!!

When you got your "What can we do better" card the second or third day, did you mention any of the misses on that survey? I mentioned more servers needed in the Passport bar a couple of cruises ago on Equinox and the bar manager looked me up that evening and assured me there would be more servers there. And for the rest of the cruise, there were!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 11:20 AM, h20cruzer said:

We docked at Crown Bay, I would Have preferred to dock at Havensight. I was here in February on the equinox and we docked here as well I did get off the ship and walk around there was nothing to speak of that I was interested in so yesterday I didn’t bother to get off the ship.

we asked a few years ago why X docks there.  We were told it is more convenient for the passengers on tours as they don’t have to travel the extra distance from the other dock to their destinations.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

12 hours ago, luvincruising said:

Same guy.  It would have been nice to see him again.  He was a lot of fun on our last cruise. 

OOPs made a slight mistake he is on the Reflection. I was looking at booking the Silhouette and guess I had Silhouette on the brain.

Norma

2 hours ago, bestestboss said:

amazing review- thanks for all the tips and great pictures- is the next cruise office open on embarkation day to book a new cruise-

heard when you book on this day you get a free bottle of wine- true or false

have a great day

I don't know about the champagne, I guess it's a good way to lure people in the first day.

2 hours ago, 39august said:

When you got your "What can we do better" card the second or third day, did you mention any of the misses on that survey? I mentioned more servers needed in the Passport bar a couple of cruises ago on Equinox and the bar manager looked me up that evening and assured me there would be more servers there. And for the rest of the cruise, there were!

I did get it, but I didn't do anything, always hoping it would improve. I know what to do, I just didn't could kick myself now.

Believe me it won't happen again.

Enjoyed  your posts and observations about your cruise. 

Am curious why you never mentioned anything about the Captain, Cruise Director or CC Host?

It also appears as if you only attended one show and as most of us no longer interested in those production shows.   I think X should eliminate those shows and just book independent entertainers.  

How were the various entertainers in the bars and lounges?

thanks

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 11/4/2019 at 7:23 PM, h20cruzer said:

Can't believe I am back home and the cruise is over so quickly.

Leaving the ship was simple and quick. They used facial recognition.

No line to grab a cab to the airport. Charge was $14.95 plus tip. Check in was quick an onto the United lounge.

Flying home United, flight was 1 1/2 hrs late leaving, I had a 3 hr layover and was able to make my connect, but many others on my flight missed their connections.

Going to outline a few things I felt were  misses and then I will do hits.

1.  Service was very slow in Cafe Al Bacio. I felt they were under-staffed, and the staff that was there really didn't seem like they were just overwork.  It pains me to say that because I have always had great experiences in Al Bacio.

2.  Same holds true for the Martin Bar. There were times 2 and 3 people deep with only 2 bartenders. I can not count

how many times people left with no drink or went to another bar and then came back with a drink. Very disappointed.

Once you got the bartender's attention they made a decent drink.

3.Three of the bathrooms I used on a regular basis has a light outside the handicapped stall when in use. In all 3 bathrooms this light was not lighting up. I notified the bathroom attendants on multiple occasions however the lights were never fixed.  Not the end of the world but annoying when you think the stall is empty when its actually busy.

4. Soap dispenser in bathroom by the ensemble lounge broken for days, never fixed. Again not life changing but if you wanted to wash with soap... had to use the other sinks in the main bathroom.

After the first few days of poor service in Cafe Al Bacio and the Martini bar, I should of spoke to the bar manager. It was my bad I didn't, I just kept hoping it would improve. If they don't know there is a problem how can they fix it.

Now for the hits.

1. Excellent service in Murano, Tuscan and Sushi on 5.

2. Excellent food in Murano, Tuscan and Sushi on 5.

3. Shout outs to Marko and Michael in Murano, Diego and Ryan in Tuscan.

4. Bar service in all other bars was excellent.

Ship overall  including my cabin was in decent shape, I had good water pressure and hot water in shower.

If anyone has any questions I am more than happy to answer. Here are a few more pictures to wrap up my trip.

Thanks for following along it was fun.

8FF541A2-AE7D-42A0-A38A-72DE46BB2BA3.jpeg

555D0F59-5701-41F5-97BA-D3640B0790AE.jpeg

146A80AA-2BB9-4CDF-AF68-78D6C1F7EC5E.jpeg

26D8BF32-9CFC-4A7B-89BA-0C5D6C84A526.jpeg

5EA1FED5-74F2-47A9-9CF8-B474D3771AD0.jpeg

C2BD2057-B1B8-44EE-9296-7BE1ADF5A39F.jpeg

BFCF0460-058A-48E0-AED0-54D3973775BA.jpeg

E8A77D38-F765-4110-A281-18566AFA042A.jpeg

What bar is the one shown in photo that is 4th from the bottom with all high chairs?

thanks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅