Regal mini suites

camper49

6 hours ago, camper49 said:

Are there any mini suite locations that you would avoid on Regal Princess?

All of them. 

Look into a Deluxe Balcony for less money.  Not a lot of difference - shower stall without a tub and no curtain separating sleeping area from sitting area.

P.S. I love mini suites on the other classes of ships - just not a fan of the minis on Royal class ships.

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

The cabins under and near the bump out parts (sea walk and bar).  The blue light shines pretty bright.  We had to keep our curtains closed all night - and we like to keep them slightly opened to let the morning light in . . ..

On 10/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, jasbo49 said:

We were on deck 12, one deck below the decks skynight warned about. I would agree decks 14 and 15 on starboard side present privacy issues, but 12 was fine with me.

Jim

I also would not do 14 or 15, but other decks are fine.  In fact, I enjoyed being under the Skywalk.  After the first day or so, when the novelty wore off, very few people walked on it and those who did did not linger and tended to look toward the ocean. I enjoyed watching them!

• Like 1

Help a newbie understand this.  I was thinking of upgrading to a mini suite, we are currently in a balcony midship on deck 14, starboard side.  When you talk about privacy issues and people looking in, what do you mean? Is there a promenade around the deck? If we have a balcony, doesn't the balcony overlook the ocean? When people talk of people being able to walk by and look in, I picture the courtyard balcony rooms like on the large RCCL ships in the courtyard, but those are interior balconies.  Do I need to worry about my balcony room on deck 14? It's R445 if that helps.

There's a bump-out section above on Deck 16 called the Sea Walk.  There are windows in the floor of it so people can look directly down and into your balcony on SOME starboard mini-suites.

The best mini locations are M-107, M-108 then after that, L-107, L-108.  They have incredibly huge balconies and 2 separate rooms inside them with tons of space and are extremely quiet.  They do get more motion though so if that bothers you go with a mini more midship and lower on the port side.

40 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

Help a newbie understand this.  I was thinking of upgrading to a mini suite, we are currently in a balcony midship on deck 14, starboard side.  When you talk about privacy issues and people looking in, what do you mean? Is there a promenade around the deck? If we have a balcony, doesn't the balcony overlook the ocean? When people talk of people being able to walk by and look in, I picture the courtyard balcony rooms like on the large RCCL ships in the courtyard, but those are interior balconies.  Do I need to worry about my balcony room on deck 14? It's R445 if that helps.

You definitely do not want especially 2 1/2 year old's holding on to their ice cream looking down into your cabin.

BTW on our first day she would not step on the glass block but by the second day with ice cream there was no more problem on the sky walk

n2ga22Z.jpg

Howard

Edited by hm9912

47 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

We were on the Sky Bar side and enjoyed the location and larger (ish) balcony, we were on a bump out.  I don't know that people actually sit there and watch from the Sky Walk, at least not for long.  You could switch sides if the same cabin category is available without modifying too much on your booking, if it makes your uncomfortable...

Edited by jennybenny

1 hour ago, cruisegal415 said:

I wouldn't worry if I were you.  According to the ship map, cabin R445 is a little further back and not directly in the view from the Seawalk. No one should be able to see that cabin from there.  Rooms R409 to R433 have the bump out balconies that are closer to the Seawalk.  As JennyBenny says above, most people don't stay on the Seawalk for a long time, and if they do, they are looking downwards at the water or out towards the ocean and not staring at other people's balconies.