Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
90007012

Can I Call RCCL to upgrade?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

have a cruise coming up up and booked an ocean view balcony. I noticed a JS would only be a few hundred more on the total. Was wondering if I could call Royal and pay the difference and change the reservation? I saw the RoyalUP email, but I would prefer to do it in advance. 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 90007012 said:

Hi all,

 

have a cruise coming up up and booked an ocean view balcony. I noticed a JS would only be a few hundred more on the total. Was wondering if I could call Royal and pay the difference and change the reservation? I saw the RoyalUP email, but I would prefer to do it in advance. 

 

Thanks!


That’s the way we have done it in the past.  We always call the Crown & Anchor dept for a little bit better service...1-800-526-9723

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GTO-Girl said:


That’s the way we have done it in the past.  We always call the Crown & Anchor dept for a little bit better service...1-800-526-9723

Thanks for that! I may give them a call tomorrow. I believe I should just have to pay the price differential? Thanks again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 90007012 said:

Hi all,

 

have a cruise coming up up and booked an ocean view balcony. I noticed a JS would only be a few hundred more on the total. Was wondering if I could call Royal and pay the difference and change the reservation? I saw the RoyalUP email, but I would prefer to do it in advance. 

 

Thanks!

 

Yes, as long as you are not booked with a Travel Agent.  If that's the situation,  you need to call them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 90007012 said:

Thanks for that! I may give them a call tomorrow. I believe I should just have to pay the price differential? Thanks again!!

 

Not necessarily,  it might be the current difference between your existing cabin and the new cabin. And in some cases the upgrade price might be for new bookings. Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they say just new bookings, wait a day and call again. Often the new bookings only rule disappears after a day or two.

 

We were once turned down for an upgrade until I told them we had two hump balconies. After a brief hold, we were able to pay a minimal upgrade fee and were moved to junior suites.  That was before Royal Up though. Good luck. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just did that 2 weeks ago for our upcoming cruise.  We lost our OBC because it wasn’t part of the current promotion but it was still worth it to us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Yes, as long as you are not booked with a Travel Agent.  If that's the situation,  you need to call them

This is good advice as they will not work with you.  If not, should be a simple process but as mentioned, pricing could be slightly different depending on the terms of the current promo.  Worst that happens is you don’t upgrade and enjoy the balcony!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...