Meet and Greet Coordinator List

denmarks

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

No.  grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com secures the room for you and notifies the onboard contact.  During the height of shutdown only Diana Hall was manning that station. 

Pre-covid the contacts weren't onboard either

Thanks, @Ombud!

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

No.  grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com secures the room for you and notifies the onboard contact.  During the height of shutdown only Diana Hall was manning that station. 

Pre-covid the contacts weren't onboard either

Thanks, Ombud.  Actually another person is the supervisor of that department and she told me to have passengers communicate with that department using the e-mail address previously mentioned and she or a member of her department would handle it.  As far as I know Diana Hall is the only other employee besides the supervisor.

In my earlier comments I only referred to securing the venue.  I didn't read into later comments suggesting that they would do more.  And, you are absolutely correct that pre-COVID the scheduling was NOT done by persons onboard.  The difference between now and pre-COVID is previously there were multiple employees in that department and different employees were assigned to different ships.  Sometimes those assignments changed and lists were posted on Cruise Critic.  This thread was started to keep up with those assignments but now it only directs persons to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com.  If that changes the information will be posted on this thread.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, srice said:

Thanks, Ombud.  Actually another person is the supervisor of that department and she told me to have passengers communicate with that department using the e-mail address previously mentioned and she or a member of her department would handle it.  As far as I know Diana Hall is the only other employee besides the supervisor.

In my earlier comments I only referred to securing the venue.  I didn't read into later comments suggesting that they would do more.  And, you are absolutely correct that pre-COVID the scheduling was NOT done by persons onboard.  The difference between now and pre-COVID is previously there were multiple employees in that department and different employees were assigned to different ships.  Sometimes those assignments changed and lists were posted on Cruise Critic.  This thread was started to keep up with those assignments but now it only directs persons to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com.  If that changes the information will be posted on this thread.

Exactly! She told me the same thing too. Eventually they will add more staff but not quite yet

Diana has been responding to all 4 M&Gs I'm setting up pre-cruise (supervisor did 1× as Diana was on vaca) .... on 4 different ships. Once onboard I have a welcome letter in my stateroom and drop off the invitations with the Special Events Coordinator who passes out the invitations. 

Edited by Ombud

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Exactly! She told me the same thing too. Eventually they will add more staff but not quite yet

Diana has been responding to all 4 M&Gs I'm setting up pre-cruise (supervisor did 1× as Diana was on vaca) .... on 4 different ships. Once onboard I have a welcome letter in my stateroom and drop off the invitations with the Special Events Coordinator who passes out the invitations. 

@Ombud Since you appear to be our expert on M&G's, may I ask for your assistance? I have a feeling that I will be the contact person for ours which is in May. I have been keeping the Roll Call list current. Are you saying that hard copy invitations need to be dropped off at each cabin? Therefore, I would need each Roll Call person's cabin #?

Am I also to assume that a M&G on the afternoon of embarkation day is too soon? Our itinerary is port intensive.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, nini said:

@Ombud Since you appear to be our expert on M&G's, may I ask for your assistance? I have a feeling that I will be the contact person for ours which is in May. I have been keeping the Roll Call list current. Are you saying that hard copy invitations need to be dropped off at each cabin? Therefore, I would need each Roll Call person's cabin #?

Am I also to assume that a M&G on the afternoon of embarkation day is too soon? Our itinerary is port intensive.

Thanks!

If you would like I would be happy to answer your questions.

2 hours ago, nini said:

Thanks!

No!! What I'm saying is if you wait until you book onboard then & only then do you need to notify roll call members. 

Let's start over:

1. Contact grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com and let them know you are doing a M&G. I ask for 10am 1st Sea day

2. Notify roll call members: I make a sign & periodically post it in the roll call

Screenshot_20220127-123653_Photos.thumb.jpg.1f0e4425720f6b48525a418bdc08ad7f.jpg

3. Update #s to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com about 3 weeks before cruise

4. Make up invitations and drop off to onboard contact. That person will make sure officers know

5. Greet officers that morning

6. Hand mic off to Cruise Director and enjoy!! (Remember to include slot pull organizer)

I like to have a few stock questions just to get the Q&A rolling but then I've only done M&G up to 150

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, nini said:

Sure, that is very helpful.

Ombud gave you some very good information.  

If you can't do a M&G within the first few days of the cruise you might have a Sail Away meeting at a bar outside.  Usually an aft bar is best and you don't need to have Princess make any special arrangements.

If you do have a formal M&G most organizers invite members of the crew.  I have found that if you prepare one letter to the captain and ask him to have any of his crew attend that can.  Some people address letters to many members of the staff but one letter to the captain works well.  Type the letter at home then drop it off at Passenger Service Desk upon boarding.

I have found that some locations are better than others for a M&G.  For example, I have been to some held in Crooners Bar but there are always a lot of people walking by and it is disruptive.  Like ombud's invitation above Skywalkers is a good location for ships that have that lounge.

Starting at 10 is good but if you invite any crew ask them arrive at 10:30.  During that 30 minutes have everyone introduce himself.  I have been to many M&Gs that I don't know who else is there.  Sometimes there is someone I have wanted to meet because of their Cruise Critic posts and if there are introductions I can at least see whom I want to talk to later.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Jan. 19 sailing to Hawaii on the Grand.  I organized the M & G to be held the first sea day (Jan. 20).  Because of all the precautions sailing to Hawaii we weren't allowed to hold any large meetings, so our M & G was postponed to be held several days later after we were tested before reaching Hawaii.  Then, we were told by the Events/Loyalty Manager that no officers would be attending.  She came as well as Steve, the CD, but that was it.  Maybe it was just an Hawaii thing, but that was our experience on the Grand. 

45 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

We were on the Jan. 19 sailing to Hawaii on the Grand.  I organized the M & G to be held the first sea day (Jan. 20).  Because of all the precautions sailing to Hawaii we weren't allowed to hold any large meetings, so our M & G was postponed to be held several days later after we were tested before reaching Hawaii.  Then, we were told by the Events/Loyalty Manager that no officers would be attending.  She came as well as Steve, the CD, but that was it.  Maybe it was just an Hawaii thing, but that was our experience on the Grand. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  It is interesting that only 2 of the crew members attended.  I was on the Enchanted Princess on its 20 Nov 2021 sailing and we had at least 10 crew members.  

10 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Is there a minimum number of guests to hold a Meet & Greet for Princess to arrange a room? I thought that I had read that you had to have a minimum of 50 signed up online for the Meet & Greet.  Is that true?

I feel certain it is not 50 but I will ask Princess if they have a limit.  I have set them up with far fewer people.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I am thinking more like 20...but we should find out.

12 minutes ago, nini said:

50 seems like quite a bit.

Yes, 50 is too high.

I have sent an e-mail to the appropriate person at Princess to see what they are looking for.  I'll post the results as soon as I get a reply.

• Like 1

I have heard from Princess about scheduling a M&G.

First, to answer the question asked by @Mary Ann 2 the minimum group size is 10.

Second, Group Onboard Services has hired additional help and is training 3 new hires.  

Third, send requests for M&G scheduling to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com.  If requests are sent to an individual's e-mail address and that person is out of the office, no one else will see it.  

Fourth, the department is open Monday - Friday 8 am to 5:30 pm PST.

Hopefully this information will be helpful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, srice said:

First, to answer the question asked by @Mary Ann 2 the minimum group size is 10.

Second, Group Onboard Services has hired additional help and is training 3 new hires.  

Third, send requests for M&G scheduling to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com.  If requests are sent to an individual's e-mail address and that person is out of the office, no one else will see it.  

Thank you for your research!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, srice said:

Thanks so much for this info!!

I have one more question.  How do you find out the names of the Captain, CD, and other staff for the ship and time you will be on the ship?  Seems preferable to be able to use a name rather than "Dear Sir" for the invites.  Do you have to ask online for someone on the ship to help with this?

5 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I have one more question.  How do you find out the names of the Captain, CD, and other staff for the ship and time you will be on the ship?  Seems preferable to be able to use a name rather than "Dear Sir" for the invites.  Do you have to ask online for someone on the ship to help with this?

IMHO you don't need the names of all of the staff members;  all you need is the name of the captain.  I recommend that for a M&G you send one letter to the captain and ask him to invite any of his staff that can attend.  That saves a lot of work for the M&G organizer!  I have done it several times and it works well.  The letter can be dropped off at the Passenger Service Desk upon boarding and they will deliver it.

I would think the best way to get the name of the captain would be the Group Onboard Services people that schedule the M&G.  

BTW I am on the October sailing of the Sky Princess that you had booked for a while. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I have one more question.  How do you find out the names of the Captain, CD, and other staff for the ship and time youwill be on the ship?  Seems preferable to be able to use a name rather than "Dear Sir" for the invites.  Do you have to ask online for someone on the ship to help with this?

How I usually do it is have the invites already filled out and then get the Patter which has them all listed the first day.  Which is what I intended to do on the Sky Princess at the end of December.  But before boarding I heard from the Loyalty Ambassador and she said she would take care of the invites and I didn't need to do it.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...