Specialty Restaurants

5fathom

4 minutes ago, 5fathom said:

Sailing on Crown Princess 1/6/20. We heard or read if you book a specialty restaurant on boarding day you pay for one meal and the second is free. Anyone know if this true !

only if you have a cou-pon ... from a coupon book that your TA 'may' give you for booking ... you will get the book onboard...

6 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

Been on 26 Princess cruises and have not received such offer.   See  it mentioned a lot on the many cruise boards.  Our travel agent never heard of it either.

ouch ... so your TA has never offered you a cou-pon book as a perk for your cruise ?

1 hour ago, 5fathom said:

Sailing on Crown Princess 1/6/20. We heard or read if you book a specialty restaurant on boarding day you pay for one meal and the second is free. Anyone know if this true !

15 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

Yes but have never seen the bogo on a specialty dinner.  TA has comped us specialty dinners.  The coupon books we have received have had bogos on drinks,  discounts in the shops ETC.

New coupon books currently good until 12/31/2019

F626AC86-774D-49F6-8342-B8B7B14282FD.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

I wish!! We always do specialty dining the first night.  We've only seen the discount in a coupon book from a TA. I wish Princess would give them out as well, but they don't

If they did, the restaurant would be over-run.  And then folks would have to decide whether to dash to The Sanctuary to book chairs and or to the Crown Grill to book dinner.  Better get in shape!!!  (I am just kidding as this isn't something Princess is going to do outside of those special coupon books). 

• Like 1

The books are given to people who only book at certain times of the year during promotional times, which occur a few time of the year. You can also use them on any ship during that year until they expire.

They also won't let you use them on any other night but the first night. 

There's also a coupon currently for a free bottle of water in the book which has an expired date on it, which they'll ignore & let you redeem. 

have never see this coupon book, I thought BOGO was the chief out of Zootopia     lol

But have got from TA   free bottles of wine and free specialty restaurant nights, as well as UBB ( which we used as brunch )

Cheers Don  

Edited by getting older slowly
added a funny

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

You can add me to that list. I have been on over 30 Princess cruises ☹️.

Tony

That seems odd, my friend.  We have had the TA coupon book more than once.  Latest was early this year on Majestic and then used a couple of extra coupons on Regal this summer.  Now we don't get it all the time as it depends on time of year you make a booking and I don't set out to purposely make a booking at whatever time that might be (reports say it is up to TA to set it up). 

35 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

That seems odd, my friend.  We have had the TA coupon book more than once.  Latest was early this year on Majestic and then used a couple of extra coupons on Regal this summer.  Now we don't get it all the time as it depends on time of year you make a booking and I don't set out to purposely make a booking at whatever time that might be (reports say it is up to TA to set it up). 

Hi Mr.G,

My TA always gives me OBC. Never a coupon book. That’s fine with me because we can go to any one of the specialty restaurants any night. Now you know what’s coming.😁

31BF7296-7585-450B-A88F-0B9063CA05D0.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr.G,

My TA always gives me OBC. Never a coupon book. That’s fine with me because we can go to any one of the specialty restaurants any night. Now you know what’s coming.😁

Yes, we get OBC too.  The coupon book just depends on timing - and if the TA participates.  If I have seen that picture of yours once, I have seen it a hundred times.  Sigh.  LOL. 

I have nearly 30 cruises on Princess... have seen it in the past, not recently... back when we were pretty satisfied with the MDR so never took advantage of it.   Now feel just the opposite, my use it, we love the Crown Grill do that several nights each cruise otherwise stick with buffet.... I will keep and eye open, just in case... LOL