SHARK!

Nado44

Saw a lone hammerhead shark swimming alongside the Allure while docked at Port Everglades at the end of this past August. See attached (bad) photo.

Share your photos of any wild marine life while your Royal Caribbean ship was docked or at sea. (Swim excursions with the dolphins or sting rays don't count!)

Shark.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

There was no reason to post that.

None.

Please delete.

PS - I made the mistake of listening to it before going to bed.   Thanks.....Thank you very much. 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

None.

Please delete.

PS - I made the mistake of listening to it before going to bed.   Thanks.....Thank you very much. 😀

I just watched the video before going to bed and will continue to smile....Grandma Shark doo doo doo doo doo doo. 

We've seen dolphins on most of our cruises when departing Galveston.  Sorry, no pic.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Haha 1

I saw a humpback whale when SCUBA diving in Barbados during a port stop while on a Serenade OTS cruise in Feb.2007. It passed directly overhead our dive group as you can see our group's exhaust air bubbles in the first shot below. Luckily I had an underwater dive camera.

WhaleC2.jpg

WhaleD1a.jpg

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I've seen flying fish, a couple of large fish, dolphins and a sea turtle.  The turtle was while we were docked in PC.  Dolphins in PC and Charleston (lots of them there).  Flying fish when we did a Mexican Riviera cruise and one large fish as we were leaving St. Kitts.  Most were sighted from a high deck so hard to photograph.

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

None.

Please delete.

NO DO NOT DELETE PLEASE,

We enjoyed it.

No one is forcing anyone to hear the song, move on!

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Carol, LOVED this!

Don't know why the other poster got their bloomers in a twist over a kiddie song.

I am suspecting that the poster was being a bit sarcastic. Of course, once you hear that song you can’t get it out of your brain. I will probably be singing it all day long today. 

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:
1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Carol, LOVED this!

Don't know why the other poster got their bloomers in a twist over a kiddie song.

I am suspecting that the poster was being a bit sarcastic. Of course, once you hear that song you can’t get it out of your brain. I will probably be singing it all day long today. 

Correct. I was just kidding.

And yes, the song will be stuck in my head for hours.😄

• Haha 1

I scuba dive in almost every Caribbean port when cruising so I could literally flood this thread with photos of marine wildlife, but one of my favorite is this video I made of a dive in Nassau where dozens of Caribbean Reef Sharks came to say hi to us  (and no it wasn't a "shark dive" where they feed/bait them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50NwtOW3R3U

G0035724.thumb.jpg.6ac04f81cacf8cbbbc04657a32e78e51.jpg

• Like 6