Epic still very nice

Just got off EPIC IN rome ...lovely ship crew awesome .hats off to Amir GM and Grace who took care of me .Thanks  for bday decorations and treats ...merci to Denis much appreciated 

entertainment ...Priscilla and Burn the floor really awesome ...loved both very high energy ...best shows on seas 

weather was soso at best got caught in heavy rain in Cannes ...yuuuuuck 

barcelona had demos so I stayed put ...now Romeis gearing up today friday ..oylots of unhappy citizens everywhere ...train and busstrikes ..not fun i.m sure ...

hope it gets better 

mich 

8 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Still such an ugly ship though.   The only one uglier is the Celebrity Edge . . 

Why are they designing ships intentionally with poor looks these days?

They barely resemble ships anymore.  The mega ships are pretty much just floating resorts.

It is our least favorite cruise ship, but we still had a good cruise on Epic.

I especially don't like the bathroom layout.  Nor do I like the tiny main pool area.  The ship just seemed more crowded than other ships.

Just off the Epic as well. But, we got on/off in Barcelona. Nice staff. Good food. While sailing, I was thinking back to postings I read on here before sailing. Please don't let people scare you from sailing on the Epic. If you want to have a good time, you can. No major issues. We selected this sailing due to the itinerary. We do not regret the choice. Had a great time. I sailed in a mini suite and my mom sailed in a balcony. Happy sailing folks!

15 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

We really enjoyed the Epic last year. I was worried about the bathroom set up but it was a non issue for us.  

The balcony we had offered way more in cabin storage than Escape or other lines we have sailed. 

Yes, loads of storage space! 

4 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

It is our least favorite cruise ship, but we still had a good cruise on Epic.

I especially don't like the bathroom layout.  Nor do I like the tiny main pool area.  The ship just seemed more crowded than other ships.

We did not feel overrun by people. We were on the port-intensive Western Mediterranean itineray. Maybe that helped. We were off the ship all day, every day. At night, we were busy doing whatever we wanted to do. So, the pool or other people around really wasnt a big deal to us. I had a thermal suite pass which might have also helped. 

Just now, havanadaydreaming said:

I think my only criticism is beds lacked length and had odd shape, but im 6'2". 

Loved everything else about Epic and hated disembarkibg after 11 nights - our longest time on a ship. 

Yes, I wondered about the bed length for people taller than me because even as a shorty, I felt the end of the mattress. But, the  Bed shape in my cabin seemed rather standard though.

I just got off the Epic as well.  Crew was terrific, Le Bistro was great, La Cucina was very good, Cagney's was mediocre at best.  Don't pretend to be a top shelf steakhouse and serve average quality products. A mega ship like EPIC, needs more outdoor areas where people can take a stroll and relax.   The GREAT OUTDOORS on the Gem, and Pearl is a nice place to relax and enjoy the view.  On EPIC it is just overflow seating for the buffet, sandwiched between the buffet and pool. 

That being said, it was a nice week, visiting great ports of call.  

On 10/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

And it has the best spice2, adult only area larger than breakaway class, with real although tiny pool

I was on the Breakaway in September and was shocked how small Spice H2O was compared to Spice on the Epic.

I am so glad it was positive for you. We had the worst cruise ever on that ship and that was sailing in the Haven (food/service was outstanding!). The design of the ship and the lurching and swaying that was constant alone made it less than a positive sailing. I love NCL, just not this ship 😒

I’m sailing the Epic for the second time in January and I am excited! I agree the bathroom setup is weird but I sail with my husband so it’s not an issue for us. I love Spice and the being away from kids. Last time we were on the ship as we pulled away from Cozumel we watched movies and had popcorn back there. It was so much fun! 

On 10/25/2019 at 5:53 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

I think my only criticism is beds lacked length and had odd shape, but im 6'2". 

Loved everything else about Epic and hated disembarkibg after 11 nights - our longest time on a ship. 

It seems not many people know this but you can pull the bed out from under the headboard to give you extra space. It’s really shoved far under the headboard! 

NCL Epic was the very first ship we sailed on, loved it.  So much so we've booked another cruise on her for next summer.  We loved Spice H20, way better than the offering on the Breakaway class ships.  No waterfront is a bit of a negative, some additional outdoor space would be nice, but Spice H20 makes up for it.

Yes, I think with the Epic if people did a little more research, they would have a more pleasant experience. I was reading some of the negative reviews last night and a lot of the issues could have been avoided if people did more research before getting on the ship. Or if people are using TAs, Im surprised that some of the basic info wasnt shared with them by their TA. I know we are all super planners. But if you read some of those negative reviews, a lot of the stuff is about not having basic info about the ship. Like someone mentioned spending over $100 on laundry. Or unexpected noise because they had not looked at a deck plan when choosing a cabin. And lots of other basic stuff. I work hard for my vacation money. So, I might over-research, lol. 

The Epic was my least favorite ship. I prefer the Jewel and Dawn class ships.  I had a number of complaints about the Epic but I think my pet peeve was the issue with the elevators.  There are no mid-ship elevators and on the passenger decks you could only see four elevators at a time.  As far as I was concerned that was a nightmare on embarkation day and even more so on debarkation day.  Keep in mind that I'm in my 70's so running up and down stairs isn't my thing anymore.

When we cruised on the Breakaway this past September I was happy to see that all eight elevators were visible at the front bank and the rear bank on the passenger decks.  Much Better.

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

The Epic was my least favorite ship. I prefer the Jewel and Dawn class ships.  I had a number of complaints about the Epic but I think my pet peeve was the issue with the elevators.  There are no mid-ship elevators and on the passenger decks you could only see four elevators at a time.  As far as I was concerned that was a nightmare on embarkation day and even more so on debarkation day.  Keep in mind that I'm in my 70's so running up and down stairs isn't my thing anymore.

When we cruised on the Breakaway this past September I was happy to see that all eight elevators were visible at the front bank and the rear bank on the passenger decks.  Much Better.

Sorry that it was a challenge for you. We didnt really have a horrible experience with the elevators. When researching the Escape, people even complained about the elevators on that ship and it has a lot like the Breakaway. I guess I'm just on vacation mode. I have the "don't worry be happy" feel still, lol. Plus, I guess it helped that our cabins were located near elevator banks. And, you're right, we used the option of stairs when we wanted to. Killed off some of the pounds, lol. 

16 minutes ago, blueslily said:

For those folks who were on the Epic recently, what was the Pitbull song that they played often? Like on the pool deck and during the farewell events. I'm looking for it online. Thanks!

If it’s the same as 2016 it’s the song “Fireball”.