Coupon Savings Booklet

Our travel agent says that there will be a Coupon Savings Booklet in our state room when we arrive.  She really couldn't tell me what coupons were in the booklet.  We have never received, nor heard, of this booklet.  Does anyone have any information on what savings and coupons are included in this booklet?    Our travel agent is that big, huge wholesale warehouse!  Thanks!

I've used the big box TA for the past 3 HAL cruises and the next 3 HAL cruises.  They have never mentioned a coupon book for any of these cruises.  I was surprised to see a complimentary bottle of champagne from the TA on my last cruise, 3 weeks ago. Please let us know if this coupon book ever materializes.  

One time we booked with an on line big agency we got one.   It was mostly spa coupons (10% /20% off)  for specific services, a drink coupon buy one get one cheaper like happy hour, 10% off bottle of wine etc.   Pretty disappointing.  

We've gotten a couple of these.  Full of things of no interest to us. I think the only things we ever used was some free internet time (when you bought some) back when they sold blocks of time, and a free bingo game.  Here's a thread:  

Edited by catl331
4 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

It has been years since we got those coupon books -- and they were not from our TA as we had asked her where they came and she had no idea.

You had to spend big bucks to get a couple of dollars off anything.

KK along time ago in our HAL galaxy LOL

we were with a company ended in 411 that gave us coupon books for HAL! We did pay for it nothing is free. 1/2 off treatments in spa, nothing with drinks. I remember stuff in the shops like getting a free HAL mug for spending 10.00! There was no Canalleto restaurant at the time but I vaguely remember like getting something for free in dining. WOW this was a long time ago. Maybe now these big TA give 2 for 1 dining etc.

Denise😊

4 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Haven’t seen a coupon book for a long time.  We also found it pretty useless although at the time they had a discount for wine package.  

I don't remember the wine discount, but only got the coupons a few times. I did use the one for extra internet minutes, but that's all.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't remember the wine discount, but only got the coupons a few times. I did use the one for extra internet minutes, but that's all.

I only remember it because our friends were wine drinkers and wanted to buy the wine package (we didn’t & they didn’t get a book)-from what I remember the coupon allowed them to upgrade their wine package with the coupon as we gave them the book.  

We received one coupon book on a couple of cruises; however, the savings were worthless to us because all the coupons were for items/services we don't use.  If I recall correctly, we gave them away to other passengers who seemed more keen to use them.

11 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

Thank you for all of your responses.  If there is anything of interest in the booklet, I will report back after our cruise.

Hi Black Jack!  We have a coupon book from our big box agent on our Eurodam Hawaii cruise next March.  Last time we had a coupon book it was a pretty worthless.  Our mariner discounts were better.  Let us know what was in the booklet.  Funny, I was looking at my big box account for Hawaii, and they gave me a Pinnacle Grill dinner, but not DH!

Karen

16 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

The point is that the coupon booklet is not something that your TA has especially sent to you.  It is just HAL marketing that you can easily ignore.

We noticed on our TA invoice that we were to receive a coupon booklet.   When asked, our TA said that it was something from HAL, she really didn't know much about it, and previous customers told her it was pretty much useless.

If you are not a 3 or 4* Mariner, there are some good things in the coupon booklet - like a discount on the wine package and a deal at the Pinnacle Grill.

It’s not all bad.

Me?  I’ll happily take the extra bingo card (I go anyways), the slot pull free play and a few others.  But they are things I would do, anyways so it’s an added bonus.

Most of the other coupons have little benefit to me, but I’ll take what I can use and leave the rest 😉 

I use the coupon for flowers, since I am going to be ordering an arrangement for the cabin anyway. 
But that's the only one of use to me. I did use the extra Internet minutes when we had to purchase plans based on minutes, but that doesn't work anymore. 

• 5 weeks later...

FWIW, the big online travel agent whose name starts with C (not the wholesale club) is currently offering a HAL coupon book for their Thanksgiving sale. I'm booking a cruise, so I guess I'll find out if there is anything useful in it. I'm not holding out much hope.

Edited by MisterBill99
On 10/25/2019 at 3:10 PM, BlackJack2 said:

Our travel agent says that there will be a Coupon Savings Booklet in our state room when we arrive.  She really couldn't tell me what coupons were in the booklet.  We have never received, nor heard, of this booklet.  Does anyone have any information on what savings and coupons are included in this booklet?    Our travel agent is that big, huge wholesale warehouse!  Thanks!

was on Kdam nov. 2018.  coupon booklet (sheet of paper) with several offers.  1 offer which I took was:  buy an 8 bottle wine package and get a free Pgrille dinner for 2.  (It was $35 pp then), so saved $70.  A very nice offer. Note:  Pgrille staff was not aware of offer, so I had to take coupon and wine purchase receipt, and they did comp. the dinner!

• 1 month later...

Just off the Amsterdam.  I have attached a photo of the "coupon book".  It was pretty worthless.  And, it was not in the cabin when we embarked.  I had to go to guest services and they had to print this out.  

20200101_094657.jpg

10 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

Just off the Amsterdam.  I have attached a photo of the "coupon book".  It was pretty worthless.  And, it was not in the cabin when we embarked.  I had to go to guest services and they had to print this out.  

20200101_094657.jpg

Thanks for posting this!  We get this from HAL on our upcoming Hawaii cruise in March.  I see nothing of value for us, 5* Mariner benefits are better.  

Karen

I had completely forgotten about this. I just got off Koningsdam today and was supposed to receive one. I never received and forgot to ask for it.

Unrelated topic - I didn't get the ship photo I was supposed to receive as 2* Mariner, either. Was I supposed to go to the photo gallery and ask for one?

11 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

20200101_094657.jpg

We are on the Oosterdam starting February 29, This will be useful...if nothing else, complementary hour at Thermal Pool on port days!

L.

1 minute ago, leerathje said:

We are on the Oosterdam starting February 29, This will be useful...if nothing else, complementary hour at Thermal Pool on port days!

Yes, that would have been nice. And Pinnacle for two for $58 also would have been nice since we were not 3* (but are now).