SPENDING ONLY HALF A DAY ON ST THOMAS

melobstah55

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 4:01 PM, melobstah55 said:

We will dock from 6am to 1Pm in January. Does anyone know what excursions will be available for that short time frame? 

We just got back from a week on the Carnival Breeze which had a stop in St Th as well -12 to 6:30pm. I asked for advice here and got a great idea from Blue_Water (we originally had considered jumping over to St John but worried about how long it takes to get there and back).  We had a very nice afternoon on Sapphire Beach on St Thomas. Thanks for the advice!!  We saw a lot of pretty fish over to the right side of the beach when looking at the water from the bar area... We left the ship immediately when we docked, grabbed a taxi and got to the beach around 12:30ish; had the snorkeling to ourselves for the first 1.5-2 hours but then it got a bit more crowded.   There was a nice bar onsite and I think food was available too plus beach chairs for rent, bathrooms and an outdoor shower to rinse off.  There were 4 BIG ships in port that day so I think this was a really good place to spend our time.  The taxi was $10/person each way.  We would do it again on a future cruise...😊