LIVE - B2B 10/26 and 11/2 Halloween, Birthday, and President's Cruise

aring75

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Three biscuits for two people. That’s just mean. 

I know.  Do you offer to let your partner have the odd biscuit, but then you lose out?  Do you cut the 3rd biscuit in half and look petty?  Do you just sit and stare at the 3rd biscuit and force your partner to make the first move?  A no win situation.

Thanks for posting the Hooked menu.  Will try it for the first time next week.  I'm a huge seafood fan.  Whether "fresh" or not, it will be better than what we get in Ohio. 

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I know.  Do you offer to let your partner have the odd biscuit, but then you lose out?  Do you cut the 3rd biscuit in half and look petty?  Do you just sit and stare at the 3rd biscuit and force your partner to make the first move?  A no win situation.

Lol! Exactly this. 😂

On 11/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, aring75 said:

Many of the people in the B2B line booed them as they were leaving.

Problem is that some of us live to be booed by a group of people.  I was born to be a bad guy wrestler, 

Still no reason to hold everyone up.  Get your boo's without being inconsiderate.

• Like 1

Whewww... Caught up.

Thanks for doing all this.  Really enjoying.  Especially comparing your's and @John&LaLa experience.

Hope your ear's are better and the flight home goes well.

Was there an option for a blanket without a handle for people who live in warm weather or cities with a dome?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Whewww... Caught up.

Thanks for doing all this.  Really enjoying.  Especially comparing your's and @John&LaLa experience.

Hope your ear's are better and the flight home goes well.

Was there an option for a blanket without a handle for people who live in warm weather or cities with a dome?

Thanks, ear is definitely better. 

Looked more closely at the blanket last night. The “handle” is completely detachable. It is elastic and wraps around the rolled-up blanket. 👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aring75 said:

I’ve heard several complaints and read a few on the book of face page. 

This is what I did. I went to Target . com and ordered a lightweight egg crate mattress topper (1-1/2 in I think). The king size was $15 delivered right to my door. It’s wrapped up very tightly in plastic wrap and fit in the bottom 1/3rd of my large-sized suitcase. 

When we got onboard we unwrapped it so it could air out and asked our stateroom attendant about making up the bed by later that night. We will leave it onboard at the end of our cruise. No problems. 

First, Thank You for taking time from your vacation to report on your cruise.  We have family on board so it's fun to see the swag and activities they're experiencing! 

So what happens to the egg crate mattress topper when you leave?  Where would it end up and how could someone ask to use it?  We're on the next cruise, boarding when you leave, and wondered if there was any way to snag a topper if the beds are really that hard.

Thanks again for all the info and pictures! 😊

Laurie

2 hours ago, kayleycat said:

First, Thank You for taking time from your vacation to report on your cruise.  We have family on board so it's fun to see the swag and activities they're experiencing! 

So what happens to the egg crate mattress topper when you leave?  Where would it end up and how could someone ask to use it?  We're on the next cruise, boarding when you leave, and wondered if there was any way to snag a topper if the beds are really that hard.

Thanks again for all the info and pictures! 😊

Laurie

You’re very welcome. I’m enjoying the day by day, play by play. 😀

As far as the mattress topper, from what I understand, they will not give them out to other guests. They cite “hygiene concerns.” But (I believe) the crew look forward to people leaving them onboard. 

l mean, usually they’ve only been used for a week or two, and they’ve spent the entire time covered with a clean sheet. I’ve heard of crew members cutting a king size in half so that two people can have a mattress topper for their bed in the crew quarters, or folding it over for an extra-plush “luxury” topper. 😀

You can always ask, but I don’t think they give them out anymore. 

Docked in San Juan today with lil’ sis Independence of the Seas. 

We look good together. 😁

2B78D97B-F706-43CC-A90D-0C00D99EBF77.thumb.jpeg.1887c39622bca37aa26219f1a77c4f03.jpeg

Had margaritas & fajitas while watching pelicans dive for fish next to the pier. 

CA2769BF-A6D9-4F59-8FDE-92CFF5DA3701.thumb.jpeg.29623487fba9262a823c8e85066f83e4.jpeg

Not really a Puerto Rican delicacy, but it was hot and we were happy. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, aring75 said:

This time they brought us three cheddar cheese biscuits. Three biscuits for two people. That’s just mean. 

This is like some type of Thunder Dome or Hunger Games test.  I suppose it is better than bringing one. 

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, aring75 said:

We looked for our attendant for probably an hour before we finally decided to just do it ourselves. After that, we did lunch and two more rounds of drinks before we ever found him. I‘m happy he apologized, but I intend to let guest services or the shore excursion dept know that they dropped the ball on this one

I’m annoyed and we paid $300. Can you imagine if they don’t get it right for the people who paid $1200 for those President’s Cruise cabanas?

Been thinking about this since reading it this morning.  I don't think "annoyed" would describe my mood.  I am not a big believer in apologies that include an explanation, as they rarely matter to me. Make it up to me with actions.  

If we were in the same situation, all I could do is pray for his soul, the rest of him now belongs to my wife.   As I told the good people at Comcast when they couldn't straighten out my bill, "I'm going to have you talk to my wife.  Once I hand her the phone I will not be able to help you any further, best of luck to you and your family."  We got a credit and free HBO for 3 months.  

I don't need to be pampered, but I do expect you to deliver what you promote.  My wife believes much more strongly in being compensated for transgressions.

Clearly, they do not realize how many people are reading your review right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, aring75 said:

Thanks, ear is definitely better. 

Looked more closely at the blanket last night. The “handle” is completely detachable. It is elastic and wraps around the rolled-up blanket. 👍

Didn’t want to give away the “secret”. That is the way most stadium blankets are made. I am impressed that you were able to reroll it and get the straps back on. Not one of my easiest tasks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I don't need to be pampered, but I do expect you to deliver what you promote.  My wife believes much more strongly in being compensated for transgressions.

I agree with this, and it’s the biggest reason I tried to be completely forthcoming with my review. We love the idea of the cabana. This time, I definitely felt the execution was lacking. 

I made note on my cruise survey for last cruise (they give you an option to fill out a survey SPECIFICALLY for Coco Cay) and I was very clear about how I felt about the cabanas. 

I also want to make note. When I am on vacation, something has to be pretty terrible for me to get too upset about it. Yes, I let them know about what happened, but at this point it’s forgotten. 

Now. Missing wine? That’s another story. Apparently I seemed angry enough they thought they needed to send me three bottles. 😂🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Didn’t want to give away the “secret”. That is the way most stadium blankets are made. I am impressed that you were able to reroll it and get the straps back on. Not one of my easiest tasks

Not too much need for stadium blankets in the Sunshine State. 😄

Not to worry. I unrolled Mark’s blanket. 

• Haha 2

Got some snacks / treats delivered to the stateroom this afternoon. 

The one on the bottom looks like some kind of weird steak tartare. Mark says it’s raspberry something-or-other. I’m not convinced. 😖

EC5E9397-A248-4DFC-B439-E7142AAD00C5.thumb.jpeg.239a42c625f204c29c09cf5a8495c98a.jpeg

Dinner in Chops again tonight. Steaks were better last time, but a got a few different appetizers and sides. 

The pepper bacon. 

11D7C9D4-CD7D-41E1-9ED5-79FE41465E04.thumb.jpeg.9f3415e0bc040e7e21035edd34862f8f.jpeg

Crab cake. 

79F3A0BD-4AB0-4461-8F39-813A04E6342D.thumb.jpeg.54b12351289f2790894ea9855a05aba9.jpeg

They are still doing the Caesar salad with the yummy croutons. I hope they keep this up. It changes the whole salad, and I love it. BAA481DD-5144-4C12-B53B-3393F821736A.thumb.jpeg.3fda53e8fc59261d24ae8348f0bc1f41.jpeg

• Like 1

Mark ordered one of the Chops specialty cocktails. Some kind of sparkling rosemary lemonade. He hated it. Took one sip and asked for iced tea. One more reason to appreciate the beverage package. We would have paid $13 for that nonsense. 

I bet it didn’t taste THAT bad. 

62E11D23-60E4-4C01-A316-FA460B362AD6.thumb.jpeg.3162eb452ffbccb870103948aaf0037e.jpeg

We got the same steaks as last time, but I wanted to try the gruyere tater tots. They are like cheesy mashed potatoes that have been battered and deep fried.  

E42B7431-4F4E-4B6D-89C3-810D502A97FD.thumb.jpeg.8bba1630ef48c50ceea942c1a7b636a1.jpeg

Laid down for a few minutes last night after dinner and accidentally fell asleep. That was at 9pm. 😂

Meant to go to the special buffet to take pictures, but woke up at 2am realizing we missed it. Rolled over and went back to sleep. 

Happy that @John&LaLa got great pics for everyone. And from his description of the madness, I think I’m not too sorry we missed it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2