Cruise Critic Community
ade999

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Room Type question

Planning on booking this hotel prior to getting on the Reflection in January. 

Would love to wake up and be able to see the ship, but am having difficulty knowing which room gives us the best opportunity.

Anybody have a recommendation of what room type to book?

many thanks 

We have stayed in Waterview Tower King several times and have had a great view of the port. I put in the request section that I want a view of the port as well.

Great balcony with view of draw bridge, port and ships coming into port.🙂

2F0CC2A7-6E9E-4774-8489-24C5AC231F66.thumb.jpeg.ae05af2397643aed05d221e9007ae236.jpeg4C93EF45-37AF-4AD8-B7F8-A96D82231D00.thumb.jpeg.aa150dedd399b3dc55cf72ac83f57a66.jpeg8030FD71-C666-4991-BC27-85E85E0B1EAE.thumb.jpeg.26900db20a5c4fb03e8aa9592416e464.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising

We book Water view - marina tower room, Floor to ceiling windows. The Silhouette from our room, March 15, 2019.

image.thumb.jpeg.5bb3fdf380624730503ce69deeab678f.jpeg

15 hours ago, ade999 said:

Would love to wake up and be able to see the ship, but am having difficulty knowing which room gives us the best opportunity.

many thanks 

We loved this hotel. We have stayed there a few times. They were very friendly - we loved the restaurant on-site for breakfast and also the pool bar/grill. We had many lovely hours in their pool area. As I  said above, we had a great view from a balcony. I think those are the cheapest rooms that face the port. There are those that are lower down so that you see the bridge, not the port and others that face the intercostal waterways. We ask for a higher room to get a better view (I think we have been on 8 and 9. I would call and ask them (hotel itself, not Hilton main line) and see what they have facing the port. They are used to that request - we heard it many times as we checked in. 🙂

Here is the description of the room we had:

WATER VIEW - MARINA TOWER ROOM- BALCONY-KG BD

Tower building, panoramic water views, furnished balcony, high floor, 312 sq. ft., work space, mini fridge, coffee maker, HDTV.

Enjoy stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway and majestic cruise ships along Port Everglades or take in a 180-degree view of the city and our hotel's palm tree-sprinkled pool area.

16 hours ago, ade999 said:

many thanks 

We booked this hotel and had a suite on the top facing the waterway.  Total heaven.

We could see the manatees in the marina below.

Enjoy!

809192E9-AC54-4803-8CBB-C91342942D93.jpeg

5DEDDF26-AD0B-474D-AF32-5742DF614C3B.jpeg

Edited by NMTraveller

I wanted to stay there before our Edge cruise in January but they are booked up. 😕

I was just there for a stay prior to cruise.  The hotel is undergoing a major renovation!

i booked a tower waterview king and didn’t get it.  No one told us they were renovating until we checked in.  Suggest you call them directly to make sure you don’t get a surprise like we did!  The towers were closed down for renovations.

5 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I was just there for a stay prior to cruise.  The hotel is undergoing a major renovation!

i booked a tower waterview king and didn’t get it.  No one told us they were renovating until we checked in.  Suggest you call them directly to make sure you don’t get a surprise like we did!  The towers were closed down for renovations.

It needed some renovation, but sorry it affected you.

This was a wonderful hotel to stay in.  The views were very good.  We had a rental car but spent most of the time on the balcony watching boats and people come and go.  

We had been all over the everglades pre cruise and had visited all of the places we wanted to see.

Water View Tower Room is the way to get it. Prior to booking, I called the hotel and confirmed that was correct. If that’s what you want, book that category from the start.

Ade999 - Hilton FLL Marina is our go to hotel.  I suggest you book Tower Bridge View high level.  You'll definitely be able to see the ships in port.  Hotel is undergoing a renovation and higher floor were not accessible on our last stay.  Not sure how long the renovations will be.  I'm sure if you call the Hilton directly, they can give you an estimate on completion.

I’m glad they are renovating.  We like the location but the rooms were getting a bit run down.

Floors 7 thru 12 were closed for renov when we stayed Oct 19-20. We got a room on 6 that let me see only the top of ships coming in (pretty eerie at 5 a.m.) until they got in far enough to do the turnaround. Then I could see their profile. Not everyone wants to get up for this, of course!

I am also glad to hear they are doing renovations to this hotel as the reviews on trip advisor are very poor.  Been a while since I have stayed here, but always loved the hotel and pool area when I did.  Looking to stay here in 2021, hoping for better reviews for this hotel when renovations are complete.