Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Twogaterz

Indian food on Ventura

As a P&O newbie, I keep asking questions but you're all so helpful - thank you! My son loves Indian food (although I mean classic tikka masala etc) and that's not what is on offer in Sindhu. Do they serve anything like curry at lunchtime in the buffet or the MDR and does Sindhu open at lunch on a sea day?  Loath to book it for an evening meal as I think Simon would be disappointed as he wouldn't get is usual mountain of rice and chicken! 

The best Indian meals are served in the buffet in the evening. Each evening the buffet has a themed menu, as well as standard fare, so look out for the Indian and Tandoori days.

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The best Indian meals are served in the buffet in the evening. Each evening the buffet has a themed menu, as well as standard fare, so look out for the Indian and Tandoori days.

Agreed. They also do Indian food in the buffet although not quite so good.

There is usually a curry option at lunchtime in the buffet. Different curry every day with rice and various accompaniments. 

At most lunchtimes there is normally an indian choice, as others say the theme nights in the buffett Indian and Tandoori are well attended and some nights at late night snacks they do a tikka masala

Some complain that there is too much curry in the buffet... Not me. 

I am pretty sure chicken tikka masala is often on the menu in the MDR, served with rice, chutney and naan etc. 

The evening menus are displayed outside the restaurant during the day. 

Sindhu food isn't as fancy as it sounds, I see it as just a nice curry although it sounds exotic. 

Andy 

22 hours ago, Twogaterz said:

As a P&O newbie, I keep asking questions but you're all so helpful - thank you! My son loves Indian food (although I mean classic tikka masala etc) and that's not what is on offer in Sindhu. Do they serve anything like curry at lunchtime in the buffet or the MDR and does Sindhu open at lunch on a sea day?  Loath to book it for an evening meal as I think Simon would be disappointed as he wouldn't get is usual mountain of rice and chicken! 

He wouldn't be disappointed in the quantity of food in Sindhu, as added up over all the courses the amount is such that even for me - who has a very good appetite - it's a struggle to finish it. At least, that has been the case on both Aurora and Arcadia and I don't suppose Ventura would be any different. On the cruises I've been on, Sindhu has usually opened for lunch on the last couple of sea days of the cruise, with an announcement being made in Horizon to that effect a few days previously.

Thanks everyone -  if there’s a regular curry station at lunch in the buffet, my son will be very happy.