EZAIR question

coconut cruiser

We choose EZ air for our Feb cruise on Regal.  Due to where we live there are no non stop flights available and the only airline choice was AA.  Because of ongoing problems with their planes, they keep canceling flights.  They just extended concellations through Jan.  We are really concerned that our flight will be cancelled after final payment.  What happens if the airline cancells after final payment?  Will we get our money for the flight back?  Anybody have this experience?

If you booked thru EZ Air; you are covered;  they will help to rebook you onto a different flight.  They make sure you arrive to port ontime to make the ships departure. Did you book your cruise directly thru Princess or with a travel agent?  Are you flying in day of cruise or day before?  These are questions we need to know before we can give you in depth answers.  Thanks

We are flying in 3 days early.  I am not so worried about missing the ship but on the Princess website right now the alternatives all show tight connections of less than an hour.  We are senior citizens and cannot run through  the airport to make a connection.  I always leave at least an hour in between flights.   I would just cancell EZ air now and book a flight but any other flight would cost twice as much.

Thank you for answering so promptly and offering to help.  Very considerate of you.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

They make sure you arrive to port ontime to make the ships departure.

This is a common misconception of EZAir.  For those who have read the contract and Princess' FAQ, they would find this - 

Late Arrival Protection – If you miss your cruise embarkation due to an airline delay or service disruption, Princess will work with the airline to provide flights to the next appropriate port at no cost to you.

That is a lot different than "making sure you arrive to port ontime."  Of course Princess can't do that since they have no control over airlines' schedules.  And what if you cruise from Vancouver to Alaska?  You can't just join the cruise in Ketchikan and get off in Whittier - that violates federal law.  Princess will work with the passenger and the airline, but they guarantee nothing.

What airport are you connecting through?

We are also seniors and don't run through airports anymore. But the secret we found is if we have a tight connection, depending on the airport, we ask for wheelchairs. Worth the $10 pp tip to get zipped from one flight to the next. Especially when you consider the $$ saved using EZAir.

Edited by diane.in.ny

7 hours ago, coconut cruiser said:

We choose EZ air for our Feb cruise on Regal.  Due to where we live there are no non stop flights available and the only airline choice was AA.  Because of ongoing problems with their planes, they keep canceling flights.  They just extended concellations through Jan.  We are really concerned that our flight will be cancelled after final payment.  What happens if the airline cancells after final payment?  Will we get our money for the flight back?  Anybody have this experience?

Are they just cancelling flights or are they switching passengers to other flights?

If the flights are cancelled and you are not notified by AA of new reservations, contact them. They should be able to arrange something with no extra charge to you.

When the airline cancels your flight they will automatically rebook you on another flight.  The problem may be the time of the flights or the connection times.  If you do not like either the flights or the connection time, call AA and they will work something out for you.  The flights are booked by the computer and often need some human intervention.  They will not charge you for this.  I have been flying on AA for 45 years since my job before I retired had me flying every week all over the US.  I have had to call them many times to fix changed flights to something more reasonable.  I too have had to literally run through airports to catch my flight and to arrive at the door just before they closed it. One time the plane had started backing away from the terminal and had to return to get me!  

3 hours ago, satxdiver said:

One time the plane had started backing away from the terminal and had to return to get me! 

Sometimes they will do that for top tier flyers.  I recall one time at O'Hare hustling for a connection and arrived with the plane still there, the jetway still at the airplane door, but the terminal door closed, and the gate agents would not let me on as they were more concerned about an on-time departure.  I was top tier Air Canada at the time and Star Alliance Gold.  No UA-specific status.

Edited by steelers36

I have flights to LA on Southwest.  Due to the 737 Max problems, they automatically changed my flight.  I have EZAIR for a flight to London in June.  I just received a notice from my TA company of a flight departure change.  When I went to my booking, there was a notice there as well, and I had to acknowledge that I received it.

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

Sometimes they will do that for top tier flyers.  I recall one time at O'Hare hustling for a connection and arrived with the plane still there, the jetway still at the airplane door, but the terminal door closed, and the gate agents would not let me on as they were more concerned about an on-time departure.  I was top tier Air Canada at the time and Star Alliance Gold.  No UA-specific status.

Most likely as I am permanent platinum on AA after flying over 2 million miles with them. 

43 minutes ago, coconut cruiser said:

Thank you so much for all of the information.  I may consider the wheelchair option.  It is so helpful to have the CC community.

One thing I definitely know is that if you need to use a wheelchair, they'll make sure you catch your flight.  It's something I've had to deal with once.