Cruise Critic Community
Grandma Petania

Oasis Class vs. Anthem Class

I received an email about a new Anthem class ship named Odyssey of the Seas that will be sailing from Port Lauderdale in November 2020.  In the past decade I have sailed on all four of the Oasis class ships, but never on Anthem (or any smaller RC ships).  I love the Oasis class.  If you have sailed both Oasis and Anthem class, which do you prefer, and why.

3 minutes ago, Grandma Petania said:

I received an email about a new Anthem class ship named Odyssey of the Seas that will be sailing from Port Lauderdale in November 2020.  In the past decade I have sailed on all four of the Oasis class ships, but never on Anthem (or any smaller RC ships).  I love the Oasis class.  If you have sailed both Oasis and Anthem class, which do you prefer, and why.

Quick correction. Quantum Class ships include Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas. Quantum Ultra Class ships include Spectrum of the Seas and Odyssey of the Seas. Here is a video explaining the differences.

Sorry, my brain hit a glitch.  I forgot that the other class was called Quantum, not Anthem.  And Odyssey of the Seas will sail from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale - not Port Lauderdale.  Thanks for the link to the video.  I think that I will stick with my cruises on Oasis class that are already booked.  I really like the Aqua Theatre and Central Park and much more.

Edited by Grandma Petania

Oasis class is so much better as far as we are concerned.  I know some don’t care for how big they are but the variety is terrific.  We are 15 minutes from the Anthem so no flying, which is why we have sailed on her  so much.  

One  thing to remember  about quantum class ships is that they are built for cold weather ports. So to me there is a disconnect with the sea/outside. While I do love anthem and I think it's a beautiful ship. I try to avoid sailing on her in the summer months.

Have sailed Oasis and Anthem and much prefer Anthem.  We feel there is much more to do, guys love iFly and granddaughter gets on bumper cars every chance available.  We do, however, much prefer the CK/SL on Oasis.  Can't wait to sail Odyssey in March 2021.

There are certain things I like about Anthem than the Oasis class...........its just that different people like different things.......

They are different. Each class is different from the other classes. But I love each one for what it is. 

Enjoy the variety. 😊