Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Craigrlewis

Cunard Insight

Cunard issued a press release a couple days ago announcing an Insights guest lecturer for QM2's voyage M014, May 20-24, 2020. Quoting the first paragraph from that press release:

Cunard Welcomes Celebrated Author Annie Barrows as Guest Speaker to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Liberation of Guernsey

VALENCIA, Calif., January 21, 2020 – Cunard has announced that The New York Times best-selling author Annie Barrows will sail on flagship ocean liner Queen Mary 2 as part of the luxury cruise line’s renowned Insights program on a Bruges and Guernsey voyage, May 20-24, 2020 (M014). While sailing on the four-night voyage roundtrip from Southampton, England, Barrows will offer guests a lecture on her background and experience writing her novel, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

I'm on that cruise so thank you for the information.

Well, we're almost a full month into 2020 and Cunard has finally posted links to the latest Insights Guest Lecturers lists on "cunard.com".

It's easy enough to find those speaker lists on the Cunard US website via "The experience", "Guest speakers". That leads to this page with a URL ending in "guest-speakers" (with a hyphen) where links to the speaker lists are found near the bottom as usual.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/guest-speakers

On the Cunard UK website however, following the path "The experience", "Guest speakers" leads to this different page with a URL ending in "guestspeakers" (without the hyphen). That page does not contain any links to the guest speaker lists that I can see. Rather, it just contains links to some of the individual featured speakers, mostly speakers on special event cruises.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/guestspeakers

But links to the guest speaker lists can be found on the Cunard UK website at this URL ending in "guest-speakers", the same as on the Cunard US website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/guest-speakers

It looks like the same trick works on the Cunard Australia website where links to the guest speaker lists can be found here.

https://www.cunard.com/en-au/the-cunard-experience/guest-speakers

Cant wait till we know who will be on the Beatles and Beyond week out of Hong Kong !! Long wait till Oct 2021 though !!!

After posting how to find the Insights Guest Lecturers lists on the Cunard UK and Australia websites yesterday, I see today they have rearranged the menu options on the UK home page. There is no longer a "The experience" option, but rather an "Explore" option. Under that "Explore" option, the "Guest speakers" link takes you to the page with the URL ending in "guest-speakers" (with the hyphen). So it's once again easy to find the guest speaker lists on the Cunard UK site.

Looks like this change hasn't made it to the Cunard Australia site yet though, so finding the speaker lists there isn't quite so easy.

Hi I can only see Guest Speakers up to April on QE  is that all there is showing or am I doing something wrong?  Looking for September 2020. 

14 minutes ago, erniebernie said:

Hi I can only see Guest Speakers up to April on QE  is that all there is showing or am I doing something wrong?  Looking for September 2020. 

No, you are not doing anything wrong. I'm afraid the latest QE list only extends as far as April 20. The QM2 list only goes as far as June 21. On the other hand, the QV list covers all of 2020 (although the QV list is rather sparse when it gets to October into December with only one speaker listed for most of the voyages in those months).

Edited by bluemarble