Cruise Critic Community
Bella8286

Held me decide which ship!

Booking a cruise for our 15th anniversary in April. Definitely want Western Caribbean but mainly Cozumel is a must. I'm looking at the Legend or the Horizon. I can't find much info on the Legend and I'm reading really mixed reviews on the Horizon. Any input or experiences much appreciated! 

I’ve never sailed the Legend so I cannot compare them for you but I have sailed Horizon. I enjoyed it and already have plans to sail on her again. It is the only Carnival ship I’ve cruised on though so my experience on her came with very little expectation.

I would prefer the Legend because it is a Spirit Class ship. Easy to get around, never feels crowded, and has a GREAT Serenity area at the back of the ship. The Horizon is newer, bigger, has more dining options, more bells and whistles but can feel crowded at times. But if you need a tie breaker, the Legend is a 7 day cruise, the Horizon is a 6 day cruise. 7 beats 6 in my book! :classic_biggrin: You'll have fun whichever you decide on!

44 minutes ago, Bella8286 said:

Booking a cruise for our 15th anniversary in April. Definitely want Western Caribbean but mainly Cozumel is a must. I'm looking at the Legend or the Horizon. I can't find much info on the Legend and I'm reading really mixed reviews on the Horizon. Any input or experiences much appreciated! 

I would choose the Horizon, because I loved it so much!

Legend for 7. Spirit Class ships are the "Goldilocks" of cruise ships. Not too big not too small with a great layout. Have cruised all of the Spirit Class ships. Love 'em.

I’ll go on the Horizon even if it’s 6 days. Is there a significant difference in price?

Horizon actually sails rotating 6-day Western Caribbean and 8-day Southern Caribbean.  So OP would need to disclose which one they are considering if # of days is the deciding factor.

3 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

Horizon actually sails rotating 6-day Western Caribbean and 8-day Southern Caribbean.  So OP would need to disclose which one they are considering if # of days is the deciding factor.

OP said Western,  Cozumel a must.

7 on the Legend! It's our favorite ship. Small enough to be intimate yet not crowded. Nothing beats a Spirit class ship I our book!

Legend.  Has most of the new features while being much less crowded along with the best layout in the fleet.  

Another vote for the Legend.  Haven't been on the Horizon, but I loved the Legend.  

Thanks everyone! I talked to my husband who I was sure would want to do Horizon and he picked Legend 😁 

I’ve been on both, and I loved both ships. I don’t think you can go wrong with either. However, I would choose the Horizon. I love the extra things the Horizon has that the Legend doesn’t: all of the specialty dining venues, cove balcony rooms, the Havana rooms...really, just a bunch of things. You can compare both ships side-by-side here: https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/compare-cruise-ships.aspx

2 hours ago, Bella8286 said:

Thanks everyone! I talked to my husband who I was sure would want to do Horizon and he picked Legend 😁 

No matter which ship you choose, I hope you have an awesome cruise!

Ok; we have had Legend here in Australia for the last 5 years. the Spirit class ship's have the highest ratio of passengers to space by far.. With Serenity out the back of the ship; it's out of the elements. easy to get around on. have sailed on her 10 Times.. love love her. OH please google the URN's. the Legend is famous for them. Lol