Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Heatherco

Verizon Unlimited..can you use on ship? Explorer?

Recommended Posts

Hi there!  We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas in February and I am debating whether to add the internet package or not.  We have unlimited service with Verizon and utilize their TravelPass when traveling to other countries.  I am wondering, however, if it will work on the ship as well?  

 

We have t sailed in a few years so I cannot remember.  Any advice is really appreciated!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heatherco said:

Hi there!  We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas in February and I am debating whether to add the internet package or not.  We have unlimited service with Verizon and utilize their TravelPass when traveling to other countries.  I am wondering, however, if it will work on the ship as well?  

 

We have t sailed in a few years so I cannot remember.  Any advice is really appreciated!

Thanks!

 

No, Verizon does not have packages that work on the ship.  Verizon actually doesn't even support data on the ships anymore, just voice and text.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Verizon’s plan no longer converted cruise ships.  We get the WiFi package and use WiFi calling.  We do use the package in other countries off the ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

Ok thank you!  That’s what I wasn’t sure of.  Will do the internet package then.  

 

If you have not done this already, make sure you set up WiFi calling at home.  This way your phone will be fully functional over the ship's WiFi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

Ok thank you!  That’s what I wasn’t sure of.  Will do the internet package then.  

 

That is what we do.  I would suggest you check out what the current offerings are closer to your sailing date though as Verizon likes to change rates and things often.  I use the interactive trip planner about a week prior to sailing so I have up to date information. 🙂 

 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other option is switch to T-Mobile.

 

No charge access to text (unlimited free), data (unlimited free, but only 2G), and calling (25 cents per minute) in over 240 countries.  😄

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SRF said:

Other option is switch to T-Mobile.

 

No charge access to text (unlimited free), data (unlimited free, but only 2G), and calling (25 cents per minute) in over 240 countries.  😄

 

 

 

 

T Mobile works on Royal?  Could not locate this on their site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SRF said:

Other option is switch to T-Mobile.

 

No charge access to text (unlimited free), data (unlimited free, but only 2G), and calling (25 cents per minute) in over 240 countries.  😄

 

That applies to port stops only, not onboard when connected to Cellular at Sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bilyclub said:

 

 

T Mobile works on Royal?  Could not locate this on their site.

 

No, you use wifi calling on board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SRF said:

 

No, you use wifi calling on board

 

 

Then totally useless on a ship. Every provider is like that, why switch to T Mobile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

 

 

Then totally useless on a ship. Every provider is like that, why switch to T Mobile?

 

It makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bilyclub said:

 

 

Then totally useless on a ship. Every provider is like that, why switch to T Mobile?

 

For all the ports you visit.  And any land vacations you take.

 

Or international work travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...