Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sunonfire

Just watched the Legend depart from Tampa

Recommended Posts

Welcome back, Legend!  This was her first sailing from Tampa for this season. I have 2 cruises booked with her for 2020. I can't wait! I love to watch the ships do the 180 turn in Tampa. So cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love watching the ships dock or leave port... unfortunately I'm not usually up early enough to see the docking, so I tend to talk the webcams for departure! 

 

Last week I was in Miami for a conference and had a hotel room on the bay side of the Hilton downtown Miami! I had a front row view of all the cruiseships sailing down the cut to go out to sea! I also watch the Galveston webcam all the time, it's such an awesome sight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were booked on the Legend departing today but had to cancel on Tuesday after I broke my wrist and had surgery Friday.  Will miss the wonderful times on the annual Halloween cruise. 

 Looking forward to next Nov on the Legend and Journey cruise on the Breeze in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Welcome back, Legend!  This was her first sailing from Tampa for this season. I have 2 cruises booked with her for 2020. I can't wait! I love to watch the ships do the 180 turn in Tampa. So cool!

Sun, we here in Australia have been so so lucky for the last 5 years having Legend down-under ported...There's no better carnival ship then the Spirit class. Biggest passenger to space ratio & having Serenity out the back out of the wind & elements...Enjoy your 2 cruises...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reviews, please.....all of you folks who will be fortunate enough to enjoy a cruise on Legend out of Tampa in the coming two months or so, please do your fellow (future) cruisers a big favor and write a review to post!  TJlewis, sorry to hear about your wrist surgery preventing your planned trip.  So very sorry you couldn't sail.

 

Counting down the days until our January Legend voyage as our first measureable snowfall approaches mid-week,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We love the Legend too. So glad it is back in Tampa. We have it booked for 11/17/19 and 2/2/20 so far.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always enjoy watching ship set sail and return to port. Some pics of the Miracle 2012 out of NYC.734696766_2021(2).thumb.jpg.12be17d05c91831c3a092d3d13bc8d07.jpg

Miracle NYC 016 (2).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Welcome back, Legend!  This was her first sailing from Tampa for this season. I have 2 cruises booked with her for 2020. I can't wait! I love to watch the ships do the 180 turn in Tampa. So cool!

 

There's a 180 in Miami that's pretty cool. Only sailed outta Tampa once. Loved the trip down the channel + under the Sunshine Skyway bridge. Hated the terminal. Have they redone the terminal facilites since the early 2000's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got back home yesterday from our Legend Journey's Cruise from LA to Tampa 10/12-10/27.   I can tell you that we were very impressed how nice this cruise was.  The crew is amazing, friendly, eager to help and engaging.....just a pleasure.   The food in our opinion was the best so far on Carnival.  The kept the ship very clean and they kept cleaning it 24/7.

 

Highlights:   Marina, Jose and Endy in the Red Frog Pub......outstanding !!!

Entertainment:  Band "Hot Shots"  on Legend was the best we have heard....you have to catch them if you can.  Usually playing in the Red Frog Pub.  Also very good was "Emerald Trio" violins doing cover music......all three from Spain.  

Cruise Director:  Jenn she was a hoot and kept up our spirits the whole 15 days, tough work.  

 

The only negative if there is one is that it was an Elite Casino Cruise as well , so the Casino could get really smoky !!!

 

We love the Legend and have her book once again.....hope everyone enjoys her as much as we did. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Out of Iowa said:

Reviews, please.....all of you folks who will be fortunate enough to enjoy a cruise on Legend out of Tampa in the coming two months or so, please do your fellow (future) cruisers a big favor and write a review to post!  TJlewis, sorry to hear about your wrist surgery preventing your planned trip.  So very sorry you couldn't sail.

 

Counting down the days until our January Legend voyage as our first measureable snowfall approaches mid-week,

On Legend Jan 5 so long as the snow lets us out of MN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cant wait to depart Tampa Bay Port on 12/26 on Paradise, im looking forward to sailing under the Sunshine bridge with a MIami Vice in hand.  this is my first departure from this port!   

 

oddly, I had a photograph from time magazine on my bedroom corkboard growing up.   im sure a quick google search will bring it up for folks...it showed the aftermath of a oil tanker colliding with the original bridge, specifically the view from one car that stopped a few feet from the edge. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CRocks said:

 

There's a 180 in Miami that's pretty cool. Only sailed outta Tampa once. Loved the trip down the channel + under the Sunshine Skyway bridge. Hated the terminal. Have they redone the terminal facilites since the early 2000's?

Here is link to a story on Cruise Critic about the Tampa terminal.

 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8197

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After she goes under the bridge (Sunshine?) we love watching for the pilot jumper - near de soto park.

 

Make sure you go up to the top deck when you go under the bridge!  There is not much clearance! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

cant wait to depart Tampa Bay Port on 12/26 on Paradise, im looking forward to sailing under the Sunshine bridge with a MIami Vice in hand.  this is my first departure from this port!   

I hope you have better luck than we did with that!    January '18 - we got stuck in port for a little over an hour due to fog.  By the time we made it to the Skyway, it was dark (and still foggy), and we had gone inside to eat!

 

We're going to give it another go in December '20 though, on the Legend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so excited for this. I'm going my first time on the Legend and my first time out of Tampa in December. I can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 4:03 PM, 2wheelin said:

On Legend Jan 5 so long as the snow lets us out of MN

Im on this sailing too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter and I will be on Carnival Legend Sunday, November 3.  We are really looking forward to this.  We have been over the Skyway Bridge many times but we are excited about going under it on Legend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be on it in February for the fourth cruise.  I like watching everyone hold their breath when the ship goes under the Skyway Bridge.  It looks like they clear it by inches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Legend and am also happy she's back in Tampa.  I was looking to book a cruise for Sept. 2020, but it looks like she's "gone" from May until November.  Anyone know where she will be during those months?  I tried doing a search but didn't come up with anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

I love the Legend and am also happy she's back in Tampa.  I was looking to book a cruise for Sept. 2020, but it looks like she's "gone" from May until November.  Anyone know where she will be during those months?  I tried doing a search but didn't come up with anything.

NYC & Europe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Doctorsbaby said:

NYC & Europe 

Thank you for the info.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try a cruise out of New Orleans!

 

So much fun watching those big ships turn around in the Mississippi River!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...