Cruise Critic Community
Allicakes2018

First time to St. Kitts, Going with husband and 4&5 yo children. Ideas on what to do?

We will be stopping at St. Kitts on a cruise in November. It will be my first time to St. Kitts (finally!), and we are traveling with our 4 & 5 yo children. I want to see the island but know they will not last on the 3 hour train that explores the island. Looking for a 1 to 2 hour activity where I'll be able to get a taste of the island. Not looking to spend tons of money, I just want to see what the island is about. We like to get off the boat first thing in the morning so we can make it back by nap time :)

If I had a family I would spend my day like most other's do at the St. Kitts Marriott. Have a great cruise.

4 hours ago, Allicakes2018 said:

We will be stopping at St. Kitts on a cruise in November. It will be my first time to St. Kitts (finally!), and we are traveling with our 4 & 5 yo children. I want to see the island but know they will not last on the 3 hour train that explores the island. Looking for a 1 to 2 hour activity where I'll be able to get a taste of the island. Not looking to spend tons of money, I just want to see what the island is about. We like to get off the boat first thing in the morning so we can make it back by nap time 🙂

Another vote for the Marriott.  

Take a private room, as far this will be much better for a family with young children, for changing, showers etc.

7 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Another vote for the Marriott.  

Take a private room, as far this will be much better for a family with young children, for changing, showers etc.

Yes a private room is a great idea, especially with young children. 

7 hours ago, Allicakes2018 said:

Do you mean rent a room or are their special day passes? 

It's a Special Day Room Pass Rate for the day

Just follow the TTE Protocol 

TTE Protocol - copy/paste

I've have never made reservations once on our visits to the Marriott, when are you going?? Between now and Christmas you won't need anything but a smile and a credit card for your $35.00(Please don't pay the booking fee.) day pass at the St. Kitts Marriott. 

It's this simple, when your taxi drops you off in front of the Marriott, you walk directly towards the concierge desk to your left with a big smile, credit card in hand, they're going to ask you what ship you are on, IF you happen to be cruising on a Carnival Cruise Ship, lie😄 and tell them your cruising on either a Princess, Royal Caribbean or even Holland America if you have too, hand them your credit card when she hands you your receipt walk over to the elevator get in it and hit THE BEACH button, walk out and go have a great day! 

First thing's first, go back to the bar order a good bloody mary and get a tab started, yep break out that credit card again. 😁

You'll figure out the rest.

If you have 4-5 people in your group I would not only consider a day room, I would do a day room same price altogether you get a nice room for the day to keep your stuff and go and get out of the sun for a few it's nice, only way to go 4 or more. 

Have fun!!

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Protocol

PORT ROYAL you are TOO MUCH!!! That is really funny!! 

Hope you are staying healthy and really hope we get to meet up some day on a ship somewhere, sip rhum together at a true island bar in the Caribbean and just watch the world go by. Take care Todd

On 10/28/2019 at 9:35 AM, Allicakes2018 said:

We will be stopping at St. Kitts on a cruise in November. It will be my first time to St. Kitts (finally!), and we are traveling with our 4 & 5 yo children. I want to see the island but know they will not last on the 3 hour train that explores the island. Looking for a 1 to 2 hour activity where I'll be able to get a taste of the island. Not looking to spend tons of money, I just want to see what the island is about. We like to get off the boat first thing in the morning so we can make it back by nap time 🙂

Let me know what you decide. We have this quandary with a 5 and 2 year old in December. My 5 year old is train obsessed but I worry the 2 year old will be unhappy on such a long train trip. 

On 10/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, TTEllis said:

PORT ROYAL you are TOO MUCH!!! That is really funny!! 

Hope you are staying healthy and really hope we get to meet up some day on a ship somewhere, sip rhum together at a true island bar in the Caribbean and just watch the world go by. Take care Todd

No ice

Safe sails.