Drinks included any time of day?

jdvmd

Thinking about an Azamara cruise in December. I know that drinks are included but is this only during dinner or is it any time? Never have been on Azamara but when we did a river cruise, we only had a choice of wine or beer during dinner.

Just now, jdvmd said:

Thinking about an Azamara cruise in December. I know that drinks are included but is this only during dinner or is it any time? Never have been on Azamara but when we did a river cruise, we only had a choice of wine or beer during dinner.

Any time, well until the bars close.

thanks for the info. We have just booked a cruise or put it on hold for Dec 14th. It will be our first cruise on Azamara. We had thought we were through with cruising but we just got a great deal and are going with 2 other couples , one being our daughter and our travel agent. We are so excited.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

thanks for the info. We have just booked a cruise or put it on hold for Dec 14th. It will be our first cruise on Azamara. We had thought we were through with cruising but we just got a great deal and are going with 2 other couples , one being our daughter and our travel agent. We are so excited.   

Same here! Did think you were done with cruising after your post the other day. Glad to see that is not the case. We haven't booked the cruise yet but it is top choice right now. I know there are going to be lots of agents on board too.

2 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Same here! Did think you were done with cruising after your post the other day. Glad to see that is not the case. We haven't booked the cruise yet but it is top choice right now. I know there are going to be lots of agents on board too.

I think that is why our daughter and hubby had booked quite a while ago: they own a franchise. When the price came through a couple of days ago we just couldn't resist and I would guess everything will be top of the line with all the agents on board. 

Yes, we were finished with cruising and we really meant it, but as we all know, never say never: We do have some challenges but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and a chance to go on a upscale ship. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

I think that is why our daughter and hubby had booked quite a while ago: they own a franchise. When the price came through a couple of days ago we just couldn't resist and I would guess everything will be top of the line with all the agents on board. 

Yes, we were finished with cruising and we really meant it, but as we all know, never say never: We do have some challenges but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and a chance to go on a upscale ship. 

What kind of cabins did you all book?

1 minute ago, newmexicoNita said:

we are booked on in an outside gty cabin. I am trying to find out as much about the ship as I can. 

Going to be my husband's 60th and seriously considering a suite to commemorate the occasion.

Just now, newmexicoNita said:

Gave that a thought, but we are going cheap as we have already cruised twice this year. 

The nice thing about Azamara is that you don't have to pony up for a suite to get lots of extra amenities and exclusive areas of the ship. Just more in cabin space. And everyone gets treated the same. A couple of meals in the Specialties if you fancy. 

Phil 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The nice thing about Azamara is that you don't have to pony up for a suite to get lots of extra amenities and exclusive areas of the ship. Just more in cabin space. And everyone gets treated the same. A couple of meals in the Specialties if you fancy. 

Phil 

Good to know! Thanks Phil!

16 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

does anyone have a list of what scotches are included?

The cost to upgrade to the Premium package is $16pppd, and the Ultimate is $22pppd discounted to $20pppd with the 10% LBV discount (not available for Premium). On that basis, we are ruling out Premium and going with the much better Ultimate package, which includes the following scotches in addition to the 'complimentary' beverages:

Blended Scotch Whisky
The Famous Grouse, Johnnie Walker Red Label, J & B, Dewar's White Label
Chivas Regal 12 Years, Johnnie Walker Black Label

Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Glenfiddich Select Cask, The Glenlivet The Master, Destiller's Reserve, Highland Park Aged 12 Years, The Balvenie Triple Cask 12 Years, Laphroaig 10 Years, The Macallan Select Oak

40 minutes ago, hamrag said:

The cost to upgrade to the Premium package is $16pppd, and the Ultimate is $22pppd discounted to $20pppd with the 10% LBV discount (not available for Premium). On that basis, we are ruling out Premium and going with the much better Ultimate package, which includes the following scotches in addition to the 'complimentary' beverages:

Blended Scotch Whisky
The Famous Grouse, Johnnie Walker Red Label, J & B, Dewar's White Label
Chivas Regal 12 Years, Johnnie Walker Black Label

Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Glenfiddich Select Cask, The Glenlivet The Master, Destiller's Reserve, Highland Park Aged 12 Years, The Balvenie Triple Cask 12 Years, Laphroaig 10 Years, The Macallan Select Oak

Is it possible to upgrade part way through the cruise on a per day basis? 

18 minutes ago, Bruceandmaree said:

Is it possible to upgrade part way through the cruise on a per day basis? 

My understanding, based on what HGC and others have written, is that you can do so at any point for the remaining days of the cruise.

10 minutes ago, hamrag said:

My understanding, based on what HGC and others have written, is that you can do so at any point for the remaining days of the cruise.

Thanks hamrag. We are Celebrity Elite with a first time booking on Pursuit out of Southampton in August 2020, I guessed it would be same arrangement.

What is also nice on Azamara: You can do the upgrade per person. You don't have to buy it both. My wifi is not a wine drinker and the included drinks are oke for her. I like the better wine and a something nice with the coffee after dinner. So I buy only for me the upgrade.

5 minutes ago, Henk123 said:

What is also nice on Azamara: You can do the upgrade per person. You don't have to buy it both. My wifi is not a wine drinker and the included drinks are oke for her. I like the better wine and a something nice with the coffee after dinner. So I buy only for me the upgrade.

wonder if you can use your OBC to upgrade? Hubby is the scotch drinker, I usually only drink red wine and martinis and I am not a judge of good reds, as long as one is dry I am pretty happy. We do have a nice OBC and am not sure how we would spend it.