Just off Harmony, large group (12 cabins)

So I read all of the Harmony threads before the cruise. There were still some little things that kept the cruise from being 100% (I would give it a 90% which is still MUCH better than a day at work). I guess the things that I minded were more related to how the other Oasis ships do things v. Harmony.

Wonderland food was great, had some "newbies" and I love introducing folks to the experience there. The drawback was that there was no "Mad Hatter" character roaming around to add to the atmosphere. I asked why this was and got a surprising answer "We sail full every week and do not have to worry about the little things". (sigh, but still perfect service and great food).

Turnover day (Embarkation) lots of bar service crew in brand new positions. Sabor was comical, two brand new bartenders that were telling folks "they do not know how to make the specialty Margaritas so please drink a regular one". The bartender in Wonderland was new as well and she had no idea how to do the signature cocktails and suggested beer...

Rising Tide Bar  So the other Oasis class ships have the fountain under the elevator, not Harmony. Maybe change name to Elevator Bar?

Jazz on 5 nice club with good performers, just a way underused space. No Prohibition Party as there are on other Oasis class (sigh again)

Like I said, little things but you tend to notice them if you cruise frequently, Perfect Day at Coco Cay was just that and our group had a good time (save for the fist fight that broke out at the swim up bar)  Security handled the problem and they were put off at next port. We did not have as many kids on board as seems to be the case from previous reviews (only 300). 

We ate in specialty dining each evening. I am one of those who believes in booking reservations early and paying for same so that we can eat when and where we want to. It seems that pushing the Unlimited dining is working to fill the specialty venues to capacity. I have never seen Chops so full in 55 sailings. The meal took 3.5 hours (party of 4) and the servers were excellent, just overwhelmed. Several venues were "sold out" (Wonderland, Chops, Jamies) by Wednesday and the Unlimited Diners were not happy campers...

We stayed in a JR. Suite had a great time overall. Just seems that it would be so easy to move the needle up to 100% if they wanted too...

I kind of understand why there are so many "one and done" comments on this ship.

Three of the folks in our party (all in different rooms brought home the Neuro which did not start until Sunday Night). Cannot blame that on the ship as 6,500 people are certain to have that and other illnesses running about, just keep those hands clean (Washy Washy)

If you have any questions please just ask and I will answer what I can !

51 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

So I read all of the Harmony threads before the cruise. There were still some little things that kept the cruise from being 100% (I would give it a 90% which is still MUCH better than a day at work). I guess the things that I minded were more related to how the other Oasis ships do things v. Harmony.

Wonderland food was great, had some "newbies" and I love introducing folks to the experience there. The drawback was that there was no "Mad Hatter" character roaming around to add to the atmosphere. I asked why this was and got a surprising answer "We sail full every week and do not have to worry about the little things". (sigh, but still perfect service and great food).

Turnover day (Embarkation) lots of bar service crew in brand new positions. Sabor was comical, two brand new bartenders that were telling folks "they do not know how to make the specialty Margaritas so please drink a regular one". The bartender in Wonderland was new as well and she had no idea how to do the signature cocktails and suggested beer...

Rising Tide Bar  So the other Oasis class ships have the fountain under the elevator, not Harmony. Maybe change name to Elevator Bar?

Jazz on 5 nice club with good performers, just a way underused space. No Prohibition Party as there are on other Oasis class (sigh again)

Like I said, little things but you tend to notice them if you cruise frequently, Perfect Day at Coco Cay was just that and our group had a good time (save for the fist fight that broke out at the swim up bar)  Security handled the problem and they were put off at next port. We did not have as many kids on board as seems to be the case from previous reviews (only 300). 

We ate in specialty dining each evening. I am one of those who believes in booking reservations early and paying for same so that we can eat when and where we want to. It seems that pushing the Unlimited dining is working to fill the specialty venues to capacity. I have never seen Chops so full in 55 sailings. The meal took 3.5 hours (party of 4) and the servers were excellent, just overwhelmed. Several venues were "sold out" (Wonderland, Chops, Jamies) by Wednesday and the Unlimited Diners were not happy campers...

We stayed in a JR. Suite had a great time overall. Just seems that it would be so easy to move the needle up to 100% if they wanted too...

I kind of understand why there are so many "one and done" comments on this ship.

Three of the folks in our party (all in different rooms brought home the Neuro which did not start until Sunday Night). Cannot blame that on the ship as 6,500 people are certain to have that and other illnesses running about, just keep those hands clean (Washy Washy)

If you have any questions please just ask and I will answer what I can !

Last cruise on Symphony there was also no fountain under rising tide.  Last cruise on Allure there were two Russians working in Sabor, did not have a clue how to make Guacamole.  Maybe 90 is the new 100. happy cruising

Glad you had a mostly good cruise.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, I really appreciate your time in doing so.  Some of those experiences were rather surprising to me.  They always sail full so don't need to worry about the little things -- terrible to have such an attitude... but to say it aloud to a guest?  Just, wow.

Which itinerary were you on?  I've been trying to get confirmation on which nights are formal during the Western Sailing. 

Was there an Aqua Theater event or show other than The Fine Line? 

Is one of the pools adults-only?  I've read conflicting info about that.

Did anyone in your group try to Escape the Rubicon?  Was it worthwhile?

Which itinerary were you on?  I've been trying to get confirmation on which nights are formal during the Western Sailing. 

Was there an Aqua Theater event or show other than The Fine Line? 

Is one of the pools adults-only?  I've read conflicting info about that.

Did anyone in your group try to Escape the Rubicon?  Was it worthwhile?

We were on Western, no other aqua event that I was aware of (two of the cabins were right above the aqua pool so we should have been aware).

One pool was adults only and they enforced the rules. You also may not have drinks on the side of the pool unless they up against the glass panels.

Two Formal night Tuesday/Friday Lobster on Friday. We did not try the Rubicon but it is rated as a higher degree of difficulty than the average escape room (give it a try and let us know how it went)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!  I definitely want to try the Rubicon.  Figure if I don't escape, would that really be so bad? 😎🍹

Edited to add:  I've been seriously considering the UDP but now that I've read how difficult reservations might be and that it took 3.5 hours to complete your meal in Chops.... ehh, maybe I wont.

Edited by Ren1216
  • 2 months later...