Everything... Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove (Villa's, Lagoon, Spa, etc)

FreestyleNovice

On 9/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, NayRN said:

I was able to book a Lagoon Villa at Silver Cove for my 9/5/2021 cruise! My PP+ discount and $50 excursion credit were applied at the time of booking! I'm not sure if we have a studio or what - I'm just excited about the private bathroom/shower!!

I guess I need to call since we cruise in August.  I don't want to wait and miss out!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

I was able to answer my own question over the weekend. I called NCL shore excursion department and they said the ship chooses, they just take the reservation. 
happy cruising

Thank you for this updated info.....I will just be happy with whatever they assign me because I will be on a cruise!!!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
19 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Are the large cabanas in the same location they were before the renovation?

Not very likely that they would move them, unless storms created MAJOR damages.

Anyway, NCL's map of the island shows them still in the same locations.

NCL would generate a steadier stream of revenue for their enhanced products on this private island if they can overcome the obstacles for assuring a successful tendering stop, nearly each and every time one of their ships in the fleet has a scheduled call there for the day ... like Harvest Caye.  

Let's just hope that this year's hurricane season is going to be kind on NCL's renewed investment on the island ... and the poor, lonely "skeletal" and small NCL crew members that live, work & stay on the island (year-round ??) to maintain it.     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two wooden loungers on the deck (for the 1 BR Villa) and six standard loungers and two umbrellas on the beach in front of the villa. Each villa had such a setup in 2019. With the furthest Villa's (studio's I think, under final construction) a setup of four and one umbrella each.

With an unoccupied Villa next door your problem should not be a problem. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest Villa prices - for upcoming Getaway stop at GSC  ("prices vary by ship and date")

#cough #cough $1,150 for a 2 bedroom suite that can house 16 guests - 4 add'l guests with extra charges.  Used to offer a little F&B credits, not seeing it - a cool $70 per person for 6 to 8 hours ...

Thanks but no thanks, we will decline this option ... even if we can get others to share & split the costs. 

NCL Shorex GSC - Getaway 2022 March - Villa prices.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 2:43 PM, mking8288 said:

Latest Villa prices - for upcoming Getaway stop at GSC  ("prices vary by ship and date")

#cough #cough $1,150 for a 2 bedroom suite that can house 16 guests - 4 add'l guests with extra charges.  Used to offer a little F&B credits, not seeing it - a cool $70 per person for 6 to 8 hours ...

Thanks but no thanks, we will decline this option ... even if we can get others to share & split the costs. 

NCL Shorex GSC - Getaway 2022 March - Villa prices.jpg

For the Gem's sailing the first week in January, the Ocean Villa at Silver Cove is running $399 and the Lagoon Villa is running $499. They come to roughly $300 and $400 respectively with the Latitudes discount and $50 shore excursion credit.

We had the Lagoon Villa, but I switched to the Ocean Villa to save the $100. While there are six of us, we know we won't be spending much time in the villa itself. We really just wanted the experience of Silver Cove and the upgraded restaurants.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 1:52 PM, jkrislc said:

For the Gem's sailing the first week in January, the Ocean Villa at Silver Cove is running $399 and the Lagoon Villa is running $499. They come to roughly $300 and $400 respectively with the Latitudes discount and $50 shore excursion credit.

We had the Lagoon Villa, but I switched to the Ocean Villa to save the $100. While there are six of us, we know we won't be spending much time in the villa itself. We really just wanted the experience of Silver Cove and the upgraded restaurants.

If your ship does make it to GSC, lease come back and post about your experience!😊

We are heading to GSC on January 15th 2022 and we just upgraded to an Ocean View Villa in Silver Cove, paying roughly $100-150 more than the cabana that we had.  Before discounts, the Ocean View is priced at $599 for up to six people.

Thanks for creating this thread, very exciting and definitely convinced me to do the upgrade.

Will take lots of video/photos of Silver Cove showing all of the recent upgrades and then post here when I get back.  If the wifi works on the ship, I'll try to post a text review of the day at the island, but with us visiting GSC on the last day of the cruise and then disembarking, it may get delayed until I get home to the cold north. brrr...

• Like 3

Hi all! I have a few questions...we are sailing on the getaway 1/19. We are a party of 12 adults and were going to do the 2 bedroom but seems it's been taken off from the excursion list.

1. Whats the difference between the ocean and lagoon villas? Is the water different, which would you prefer? I see the ocean allows less people then the lagoon. But if the ocean is better we can also split the group and rent 2.

2. How is the walk from the pier

3. It's didn't occur to me til someone mentioned this.... We are Silver level, does this mean we can get the 10 or 15% discount off the cost? And use our 1 $50 discount as well? ( i understand one person books and only 1 excursion credit is used)

On 1/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, kayjay76 said:

Hi all! I have a few questions...we are sailing on the getaway 1/19. We are a party of 12 adults and were going to do the 2 bedroom but seems it's been taken off from the excursion list.

If the 2 Bedroom Villa is no longer on the excursion listing, it has been booked by someone.

1. What's the difference between the ocean and lagoon villas? 

Mainly, price and location!

Is the water different, which would you prefer? 

There have been posts from people who feel that the Ocean Villas are the better location because of the water!

I see the ocean allows less people then the lagoon. But if the ocean is better we can also split the group and rent 2.

2. How is the walk from the pier You will not have to walk from the Tender Landing to the Villas - -  a shuttle is provided to Silver Cove area.

Note: the island is only a few miles long (at most), and part of it is not even in use.

3. It didn't occur to me until someone mentioned this.... We are Silver level, does this mean we can get the 10 or 15% discount off the cost? And use our 1 $50 discount as well? ( i understand one person books and only 1 excursion credit is used). The $50 discount is subtracted first, THEN, your Latitudes Discount is applied.

Also, I highly recommend that you watch the videos that @bookbabe posted above (see #117)!  I seriously think (hope) that you will get a "better feel for what it is like" there!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Also, I highly recommend that you watch the videos that @bookbabe posted above (see #117)!  I seriously think (hope) that you will get a "better feel for what it is like" there!

Strangely enough, we ended up with #125 on Saturday.  Totally by chance.

If you already have your shore excursion ticket for the villas, don’t line up at the Villas & Cabanas booth when you first arrive on the island.  Only the Cabana guests should line up there.  Villa guests can walk to the left through the straw market area to catch the shuttle to the silver cove reception.  From reception, after you check in a second shuttle will take you to the villa if you want.

Low numbered villas seemed to all be the ocean villas.  #117 was the first lagoon villa, on the lagoon side of reception.  Ocean villas are convenient to the buffet and the main beach, and according to DH that’s where the best snorkeling was.

#125 is an Lagoon Studio Villa, to the right (as you are facing the water) of the Moët bar.  The other studio villas in that section appeared to be all on the other side of the bar, with maybe one or two of the larger villas way at the far end.  The other villas between 125 and the reception building are all one and two bedroom ones.

There are 4 loungers on the beach under an umbrella.  Float mats are not at the villa itself, they’re in a central rack on the beach.  Contrary to what you will see in the freestyle daily, towels ARE included with the villas.  Each lounger had a beach towel on it, and the two loungers in front of the villa under the shady area had large white towels, plus there were maybe six large towels inside. There is bottled water in the fridge, and a nespresso machine.  Partway through the day they dropped off a bowl of fresh fruit (whole, not cut) and some chips and salsa.  You’ve got a villa steward, plus there’s lots of roaming waiters.  

The bathroom has bug spray. Use it if you are a bite magnet.  Trust me.  The bathroom also has toiletries, same type as regular cabins (not the haven stuff) and the shower is about twice the size of the one on the ship, with pretty good water pressure.

#125 is a great villa if you have an active group of outgoing guests.  By the bar is a cornhole game, it’s centrally located, great accessibility for beverage service since most of the waiters have to walk by you on their way to anywhere else, and it’s a relatively quick walk to the buffet.

#125 is a horrible villa if you are a couple looking for a quiet, romantic spot.  You will spend the day listening to waiters mixing drinks, drunks arguing about cornhole rules, shuttles beeping as they back up there (that’s one of their turnaround spots) and so on.

5A358655-2D79-43A6-B060-FC06EE7B882B.jpeg

A9D766AE-05CB-406D-BB64-AFA40F47B3B6.jpeg

4C03E702-A6CE-40E6-A8F6-05E2B45F9EAD.jpeg

DFBBDAC7-EEEC-4ECE-85C4-FB2430E0A546.jpeg

3EBFAA4C-6193-42E3-A222-6121F1D304D1.jpeg

A37EE080-4953-494F-AD3C-FEA7737408B1.jpeg

D658CA86-5FAF-4497-AA3F-3430CD10E8E8.jpeg

B0292BB1-8949-4996-869D-AD7317B1DAE6.jpeg

CF3E76E4-0219-4BC9-8C80-CAEBFA8E6ED1.jpeg

A830CC03-08C9-4518-80C9-7D397AF676F6.jpeg

• Thanks 2