Dining With Friends

groundloop

Another couple might be booking the same cruise as us.  Am I correct in assuming that we can be assigned to the same table in the main dining room just by making a phone call to HAL?

(I've done a number of cruises on Carnival, this is my first on HAL so I have plenty to learn).

Yes, you can.  We travelled with best friends this summer.  We had booked long before and asked for table of 2.  When they booked we called our PCC and he linked us for dining and we both requested table for 4.  I’m sure they would accommodate on board as long as the requested dining is not waitlisted. 

Simply ask for your bookings to be linked, request a 4-top.  Also, request you preference for early, late, or open seating.  You'll be assigned the same table if you have early/late fixed dining.  If you have open seating, you can show up and ask to be seated together at a 4-top, or one of you can make reservations up to three nights in advance for a particular table/time in opening seating.  I hope this helps.

At one time or another, all of us on these boards were HAL newbies, so don't worry about asking questions.  How else will you know the answer to your questions?