Carnival Horizon - Deck 6

beshears

We are cruising on Carnival Horizon for the first time next March. Our room is 6205, deck 6 at the bow or front of the ship.  If you have done this end of the ship, or even this room, or close by, would you please give me your pros/cons of this room, or the location?

Also, we don't know what dining room we will be in, but since we will be at the end/front of the ship, what is the best way to get to the dining room/s?

22 minutes ago, beshears said:

We are cruising on Carnival Horizon for the first time next March. Our room is 6205, deck 6 at the bow or front of the ship.  If you have done this end of the ship, or even this room, or close by, would you please give me your pros/cons of this room, or the location?

Also, we don't know what dining room we will be in, but since we will be at the end/front of the ship, what is the best way to get to the dining room/s?

I love forward cabins.  You can take Deck 6 the full length of the ship

I stayed on deck 6 aft during my week on the Vista so I won't be able to supply much help, but I did notice a couple things from looking at the deck plans. You are kind of above the Liquid Lounge, so you may get some noise from there. If you frequent Serenity, it is directly above you on Deck 15 which will be nice, this was a pain when I was deck 6 aft. The closest dinning room to you is Reflections, deck 3 fwd. But your assignment is based on whether you picked set time or anytime dinning.

Oh thank you for your replies. So being on deck 6, that means we can walk the full length of the ship on the outside, or inside of the ship, or both?

The tip on the Serenity is good too. I know we are to have set time dining, so we may not find out the dining room until we arrive on the ship.

I was just wanting to get my bearings on locations on this ship, from someone that has been on it, or another ship similar. 🙂

OK, that help clears up the decks I want to walk on. 🙂  I appreciate any info I can get on the Horizon, as this will be our first time on this ship.  Since there are 8 of us, they sort of depend upon me to navigate them, if at all possible. 🙂

On 10/29/2019 at 10:05 PM, beshears said:

You are directly above the (back stage area) of the Liquid Lounge Main Theater. You will most likely experience some electrical & mechanical sounds; sets being moved; music & mechanical noises during a show & sounds during show rehearsals. If you're a light sleeper you might want to consider ear plugs...

🎸  🎹   🔊   🎶   🎷