Cruise Critic Community
adoctor

The Excursion Booklet has Gone!

You know the one,the fat cream and brown booklet containing top line cruise info,facts about ports and the available excursions. Apparently from now on everything will be on line. 

This is a shame as in my view it was part of the Seabourn experience. I am sure a few cents per passenger will be saved and a it probably ticks the "green" box but short sighted IMHO.

We always used that as our souvenir memento. Too Bad. 

I’m all for Seabourn going paperless. It’s not just the paper and printing that’s an unnecessary waste, but also the trucks, planes and cars that deliver the mail. We’re in Australia and no matter how often I try to unsubscribe, Seabourn continues to send us printed stuff all the way from Seattle almost weekly... and it goes straight into the trash. 

That’s truly disappointing and disheartening...passing the cost to the consumer because that means  they are making us print the entire info ...so not only will it not look the same but the cost is ours....  and they expect everyone to have access online . Not happy!

4 hours ago, florisdekort said:

I’m all for Seabourn going paperless. It’s not just the paper and printing that’s an unnecessary waste, but also the trucks, planes and cars that deliver the mail. We’re in Australia and no matter how often I try to unsubscribe, Seabourn continues to send us printed stuff all the way from Seattle almost weekly... and it goes straight into the trash. 

At least it's just the US,  we get nothing in the UK at all, (at least we don't, not sure about anyone else) which is a good thing by the sounds of it.  

Will miss the excursion book though because it is our souvenir too!

This is a smart move, but then I don't buy newspapers either. Everything can be accessed online and it remains current by the author-publisher. And I don't have to print the tours since I can see it online, book it and retrieve it all on my ipad. Paper print with all its waste is surely being reduced for the good of the planet and the pocket. And I don't need souvenirs of outdated print piling up on shelves. It's time for this.

Well done, Seabourn!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Easy to say good riddance and save the planet to a cut in which you have no interest.  Remember that next time you wipe your butt or blow your nose.

9 minutes ago, saminina said:

Easy to say good riddance and save the planet to a cut in which you have no interest.  Remember that next time you wipe your butt or blow your nose.

Not exactly an apt comparison. 

I hope we can move away from the tissues issue and the consequent upheaval in this client satisfaction discussion!

Those with grievances can bring their own tissues as long as they meet the biodegradable standards that cruise lines routinely and correctly observe these days. Ok? OK!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Markham, you have a nice following on Cruise Critic.   I am not one.

Edited by saminina

21 hours ago, saminina said:

Oh well,one less Christmas card. 

Saving the planet is good. 

23 hours ago, saminina said:

Since the switch to rough n tough made in China bathroom tissues, it's quite fair.

Only in your mind. Bathroom tissue is a necessity. Excursion booklets are not.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:24 PM, saminina said:

I am though.  We met Markham on our last cruise and enjoyed all of our conversations with him. He is a charming man.  Hope to see him again someday on another cruise.  I missed meeting you on the same cruise Saminina.  Seeing how dismissive you can be of others, maybe that is a good thing.  I would rather see us all be as polite to each other online as we would (surely) be in person.  

Edited by SLSD

Since we are moving away from the main issue, I have never met Markham, but I wish I did. My loss NOT his.

We had 2 cruises in July/August, first on Odyssey then Encore 4 days later. We got the excursion booklet for Odyssey but not Encore, apparently the new system came into effect after Odyssey pack was sent and before Encore was sent.

On 10/31/2019 at 3:31 AM, Mauzac said:

At least it's just the US,  we get nothing in the UK at all, (at least we don't, not sure about anyone else) which is a good thing by the sounds of it.  

Will miss the excursion book though because it is our souvenir too!

We haven’t been able to get anything on paper out of Seabourn for several years now nor even by email despite frequent requests.

It's always bugged me that we choose our excursions before we had the booklet -- so the booklet was of no value except as a souvenir.

What I wish is that Seabourn would instead put the savings into creating a downloadable PDF on their website that I could use in selecting our excursions. I hate having to click on each port, then click on each excursion to read the description. For some cruises, my wife and I huddle around the computer clicking back and forth to make our decisions; for some cruises with friends, I have spent the time to do all the clicking, copying-and-pasting each description into a single document, so we can all read and mark up and choose our excursions. Why can't they compile all the excursions being offered into a single PDF document I could download at the touch of one button? That would be more valuable to me than the souvenir booklet, as it would help with choosing excursions and could be printed for the files for those who want it.

22 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

It's always bugged me that we choose our excursions before we had the booklet -- so the booklet was of no value except as a souvenir.

What I wish is that Seabourn would instead put the savings into creating a downloadable PDF on their website that I could use in selecting our excursions. I hate having to click on each port, then click on each excursion to read the description. For some cruises, my wife and I huddle around the computer clicking...

We've been downloading and printing the list of shore excursions for a while from the website. Once you have your booking number, you can go to the shore excursions section; at the top there is a button that says download brochure.

The button says "download personalized ebrochure."

Edited by sfvoyage

Oh my goodness, this is so much easier than the way I was doing it. Thank you sfvoyage!

33 minutes ago, April005 said:

Oh my goodness, this is so much easier than the way I was doing it. Thank you sfvoyage!

Sure, glad to help!

We like to have a printout in order to mark things up and write notes everywhere.  SB basically outsourced this exercise to its guests as our DIY project!  It would have been nice to allow us to choose a printout to be mailed to us or a download on our own.  At least the process is not onerous, and the one advantage is that excursions do change over time (new ones can be added, and some could be deleted or modified), so the website info is usually the latest.