Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
emptyhoff

Fantastic Private Tour

Our group of 6 adults just returned from a 5 day cruise to Bermuda on Anthem of the Seas.  Before we left, I searched these boards to get some ideas on tours and things to do.  It was super helpful, so I am returning the favor for any future travelers to Bermuda.  :-) 

We were there for 2 days, so we decided to take a tour the first day.  I found Lewis Foggo's  (lewis_foggo@hotmail.com)  name on the board here and emailed him.   He responded almost immediately.  We told him we weren't exactly sure what we wanted to see and he told us he could take us wherever we wanted to go.  Our plan was to meet at 10 AM and take a 7 hour tour.  We got off the ship in record time so we were early to meet him.  In Bermuda they have people on the dock ready and willing to help out in any way.  I asked one of these people where I would meet a private tour operator.  He asked who I was meeting and low and behold he knew Lewis!  He called Lewis told him that we were off the ship early and Lewis said he was on his way. 

When Lewis arrived, we were very impressed with his pleasant personality and his immaculate and spacious van.  As we drove along the beautiful island, it seemed everyone knew him!  He would honk and wave at people on the street as well as other drivers on the road.  He took us to off-the-beaten path places and gave us some history of the island.  During our conversations, he found out that we all liked golf.  He took us to the Royal Palms Golf Course - and of course he knew the golf pro, Kim Swan.  :-)   Kim was on the driving range when we arrived and the guys in our group got the pleasure of hitting some golf balls on the most beautiful tee box I've ever seen!  Quite a treat.  He took us to The Flame for lunch on the North shore.  This is a wonderful little place right on the water.  The owner Jennifer and her husband are so hospitable and the food was delicious!  Not to mention the view.  We drove all over the island and each view was better than the next. 

We all highly recommend Lewis if you are looking for a private tour of the island.  He is very knowledgeable and friendly.  He made our day Bermudiful!   I'm so glad we found him!

24 minutes ago, emptyhoff said:

We all highly recommend Lewis if you are looking for a private tour of the island.  He is very knowledgeable and friendly.  He made our day Bermudiful!   I'm so glad we found him!

Sounds pretty good. Thank you for coming back and posting a review of your tour.