Some edge questions

phil2

really excited that we are about to book celebrity edge for next year, and just have a few questions as looking at doing just an inside ( they seem bigger to previous insides on other ships as well ) never cruised celebrity before but have done day visits on the reflection and eclipse.

Is there plenty going on day and night ( done 5 cruises previously, but i feel celebrity will be a bit more chilled - previously done royal caribbean)

What is the average age range on a caribbean sailing in winter?

do the inside cabins still have the mod cons the balcony etc have( apart from the remote control features im guessing)

If we are in an inside what dining room do we eat in, and is the steakhouse good ( love our meat)

I am a crown and anchor gold member now, will i get much on celebrity as i know its the same loyalty programme

I think i will have many more questions but iv wanted to do the edge since it came out so i cannot wait!!

Thanks

The insides are nice and have all the features that the other non-suite cabins have except the windows/verandas (has the electronic controls). 

Here is a great review with pictures It is one of the smaller insides):

You would be in the 4 MDRs - if you choose Select you can go to all 4 main dining restaurants at a time of your choice (book ahead or just show up) - if you book traditional late or early, you will be assigned one of the 4 restaurants and can likely try the others. I love the Fine Cut Steakhouse - excellent food.

As far as age, likely average age of 50-60, but all ages were on our Edge cruises, though few kids -  a nice mix. The night life is quite good - probably more chill than RCI (haven't cruised them for a while), but they have The Club, which has some pretty  energetic music, dancing, karaoke, Silent Disco and other interesting things happening late at night. The Martini Bar/Grand Plaza is usually quite vibrant in the evening - lots of live music happening. The day life has some chill things and has some interesting stuff like archery and laser maze. Here is an entertainment  info sheet.

EDGE_Entertainment-2.pdf

For the Captain's Club:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/03_28_SP_CC_Credentials_LoyaltyProgram_Modified-3-28-2018-V2.pdf

Benefits:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks, some good information i will have a good read over today, i love the luxury feel and look of it, and the food i hear is great, I really like the itinery too as it is doing a few islands iv not done before!

• Like 1

Hi

So we can go 4 main dining rooms, is blu included for inside rooms, 

The pool area looks quiet and i often see peoples photos/videos it looks really crowded, is this a problem?

Is there an example of an entertainment (like royal caribbeans cruise compass) i can view anywhere?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, phil2 said:

Hi

So we can go 4 main dining rooms, is blu included for inside rooms, 

The pool area looks quiet and i often see peoples photos/videos it looks really crowded, is this a problem?

Is there an example of an entertainment (like royal caribbeans cruise compass) i can view anywhere?

Thanks

No, only Aquaclass guests can eat in Blu. That is their assigned main dining room.

Edited by vtcruising

Just now, phil2 said:

Ok, an inside would get which options then?

I think i would have to book the steakhouse looks amazing

For main dining for dinner, suites have Luminae, AquaClass has Blu and all other cabins have the 4 main dining rooms (Cosmopolitan, Cyprus, Normandie, Tuscan). There are several for a fee specialty restaurants and the buffet (Ocean View Cafe) where you can also have a full dinner that is complimentary.

Here is a thread that outlines the choices on the Edge:

Fine Cut - The Steakhouse  is open to all but there is an upcharge per person.   Currently the price is $45 pp.   One thing I noticed last week is they say there is an up charge of $20 for ordering an additional entre.   Really not a problem as the portions are huge.  

thanks we  have booked, ended up booking verandah on deck 6 as the inside went up and the verandas went on a good offer, also got drinks pack and $300 obc, so excited now, where will we now be able to dine then if we are in a verandah?

Thanks

Same 4 mdrs are included for Verandah staterooms... If you want to try  all 4, make sure you have  the right plan. 

With Select Dining,  you can make res in advance for set times for the ones you want to try,.  Use the cruise planner online.  Or  you can  take Select and just show up...may have to wait for a table. 

If you have Traditional Dining,  you will pick or be assigned  to late or early seating  in a dining room of Celeb's choice,  Subject to availability you may be able to try the others 

(Luminae is the dining rm for suite guests and BLU for AquaClass).