Cruise Critic Community
marluvs2go

Medicare, Tricare 4 Life, Costco Visa and what else is needed?

Ok I think I understand the evac and emergency benefits  on Costco Visa which do not pay... they just coordinate help.  Also if you paid prior to 9/22/19 you can still apply for $3,000.00 in trip cancel benefits per person max for illness.  

I have heard different stories about Medicare and Tricare 4 Life coverage but bascially I do not believe they cover evac and such?  I do understand the catastrophic cap on Tricare 4 Life but it all sounds like it may be a good idea to take out optional travel insurance.  Basically any helicopters, life support ,major stuff that's of course what worries me.

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, marluvs2go said:

Ok I think I understand the evac and emergency benefits  on Costco Visa which do not pay... they just coordinate help.  Also if you paid prior to 9/22/19 you can still apply for $3,000.00 in trip cancel benefits per person max for illness.  

I have heard different stories about Medicare and Tricare 4 Life coverage but bascially I do not believe they cover evac and such?  I do understand the catastrophic cap on Tricare 4 Life but it all sounds like it may be a good idea to take out optional travel insurance.  Basically any helicopters, life support ,major stuff that's of course what worries me.

Thanks in advance

Wow - Costco didn't advertise they took away those benefits.

What are your current ages? I'll tell you what you can get.

4 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Wow - Costco didn't advertise they took away those benefits.

What are your current ages? I'll tell you what you can get.

yeah I guess folks are surprised but whatever.  Our ages are 69 and 80 thanks

Marlene

Hi Marlene,

If you want just medical & medical transportation, you may get an annual or per trip GeoBlue plan.

If you want a trip cancellation plan (all include medical & other coverages), you can get most plans.

If you are within n the first 14 to 21 days after you pay your earliest trip payment, you may get a plan that waives the pre-existing medical condition exclusion for cancellation, interruption & medical treatment and also one that includes the cancel for any reason coverage.

I suggest you call someone who sells trip insurance and start with asking them your detailed questions.

You can ask me here, too.