Jump to content

Losing Black Card Status


gkbiiii
 Share

Recommended Posts

This week I was able to get a 7 night cruise on ARMONIA (Monday Nov. 4th sailing) through MyVegas for only 25,000 gold coins.

I called the casino department to find out that I had been downgraded to Blue Card Status from Black.

I Status Matched as a Royal Diamond and was given Black Card for 3 years, in 2017.

I took a cruise on the Divina on 7/10/2017.

On 3/11/2018 I took a 7 night Cruise on Seaside in Yacht Club.

 

My question is why did I lose my Black Card Status, as I have done on one cruise a year, for all the time I had the card?

I was told it was a three year status.  I don't understand why the Yacht Club cruise is not showing online, but everyone 

I talk too agree (over the past 10 months) that I have the status and to ignore the website.  This week, I was told that I lost

the status in September, but none has a reason as to why.  I talked with a rep today, who said he had several people,

call him with the same problem today.

 

Thing is, that my cruise is Monday and I don't see how to get this resolved in time.  Any suggestions or thoughts?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the casino rep sent an order request and nothing yet.  I talked with the loyalty department, they asked for my upgrade letter, which I forward to them.  They agree, but sadly can't do anything about it, as it seems to be an IT issue, and that can only be done in Italy.  Sadly, they the US based department is closed on the weekend and they don't know when the home office will get this done.

 

I have been concerned about this for six months, yet I am always told that everything will be fine.

Edited by gkbiiii
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Therein lies one of the problems with MSC service. Everything has to go through Italy. That's just stupid. If they want to be a player in the American market, set up an office here that can make decisions immediately, instead of wasting precious time waiting for the Italians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

Therein lies one of the problems with MSC service. Everything has to go through Italy. That's just stupid. If they want to be a player in the American market, set up an office here that can make decisions immediately, instead of wasting precious time waiting for the Italians.

Been saying this for many years now, what is the point of employing managers if you refuse to allow them to manage!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm worried I will find myself in the same situation! I'm a diamond (black) member and online it says my status will expire this January. Problem is I cruised msc last year but my points were never added to my account.. I've sent emails and have called and so far nothing... i cruise b2b this February and really hope I can get the problem sorted. Curious to hear how it turns out for you on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hmmm I was under the impression that there is a MSC office in south Fl

 

And that was where our match was made... not in Italy.

 

https://corporateofficehq.com/msc-cruises-corporate-office/

 

I am going to screen shot our profiles and so on because of the OPS thread. Just in case there is an IT glitch

 

If this has been a concern for 6 months why its down to the weekend before...? That MSC corp didn't correct it...

From our match experience MSC didn't respond to us for almost a month...including us having an email "job" number etc

 Our TA called (waited) and got an answer finally. It took about 3 days after we got tired of emailing/waiting for an answer for a month

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, new.b.cruiser said:

I'm worried I will find myself in the same situation! I'm a diamond (black) member and online it says my status will expire this January. Problem is I cruised msc last year but my points were never added to my account.. I've sent emails and have called and so far nothing... i cruise b2b this February and really hope I can get the problem sorted. Curious to hear how it turns out for you on board.

Definitely worth trouble shooting this now

Have your TA contact them to get that sailing added to your account.

Did you not link it online before you sailed?

Just wondering as we created online logins last night and there is a window to link the reservation/sailing. So theoretically the profile sees our reservation, Diamond status,  and even all of our passport information is in there.

Perhaps you can go into your online profile and add in the MSC reservation number of the past sailing and see if that does the trick? Worth a try

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Definitely worth trouble shooting this now

Have your TA contact them to get that sailing added to your account.

Did you not link it online before you sailed?

Just wondering as we created online logins last night and there is a window to link the reservation/sailing. So theoretically the profile sees our reservation, Diamond status,  and even all of our passport information is in there.

Perhaps you can go into your online profile and add in the MSC reservation number of the past sailing and see if that does the trick? Worth a try

 

I tried to link it and I get an error msg. But the msc agent said he could see my # on my past booking so I know it was entered.. I dont know what's going on but i wrote msc voyagers club another email. Let's see if they reply to this one.  Thanks for the suggestions btw

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are not alone, I was having exactly the same with NCL, everything had to go through Miami and Miami would not reply to me or even their own UK office, just as useless. All these companies need to give their satellite offices more power to make a decision.

The poor staff must feel like they have their hands tied, it's them who take all the flack for their HQ's failings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...