cost of taxi Paradise Beach to downtown

We will be in Cozumel in January and plan to go to Paradise Beach for a few hours, and then take a taxi from there into town to shop and have a few drinks before going back to the ship.  Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from Paradise Beach to downtown?  Also I assume it is easy to get a taxi at Paradise Beach>?

Thanks so much

Lisa

We did this in September and it was $23 to the drugstore next to Guidos.  Pretty sure I gave him $25.  There will be taxis lined up at both P.B. and several spots along Rafael Melgar downtown.  As mentioned, ask what the fare is before you get in but I’ve never had any issues with gouging (like in so many cities in the U.S.)

And if if you’re hungry check out Pancho’s Backyard in the next block past Guidos.  We were there last week and, while a little pricey, food and service were excellent.  

2 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

We did this in September and it was $23 to the drugstore next to Guidos.  Pretty sure I gave him $25.  There will be taxis lined up at both P.B. and several spots along Rafael Melgar downtown.  As mentioned, ask what the fare is before you get in but I’ve never had any issues with gouging (like in so many cities in the U.S.)

And if if you’re hungry check out Pancho’s Backyard in the next block past Guidos.  We were there last week and, while a little pricey, food and service were excellent.  

Thank you