Encore - Live 11/2

TheDougOut

18 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

I think I just had the best-executed meal on NCL... ever. They hit the ground running at Ocean Blue, as everything was cooked & seasoned perfectly.

I had the surf & turf, with an SDP charge that seemed relatively close to the prior restaurant SDP surcharge.

C0A0E0A4-19B6-43A3-94E2-A56A552DCE6B.thumb.jpeg.4d829332cca203fed2582347647ca604.jpeg

53E604D4-0CC9-4615-81B8-876DEB90CFBE.thumb.jpeg.46ca9b8abc7bd70f3615021ad6f563f8.jpeg

Out meal here on the Bliss crossing was a HUGE disappointment.  So kudos to NCL for figuring this one out so early on. 

I had read that on the Joy they weren’t charging the additional charge for the Surf n Turf in Ocean Blue 

Did they re-add this again or is it just on the Encore?

Love your reviews....Cruised the Bliss after reading your review and now have the Joy booked for Dec 8th 😜

Hope you guys Win Big when you do the $100 buy in on the Heidi machine 🍀🍀💰💰🍀🍀

Can’t wait to read more....Oh also that giant chandelier is butt ugly 🤣🤣. Whatever designer came up with that design/idea needs to be fired 🙈🤣

16 minutes ago, LaCal said:

I had read that on the Joy they weren’t charging the additional charge for the Surf n Turf in Ocean Blue 

Did they re-add this again or is it just on the Encore?

It was not up charged on a recent Escape Bayamo dinner. See the Escape Bayamo thread. Bayamo changed from Cuban food to the same menu as Ocean Blue. I’m sure all the  upcharges will be coming soon to an Ocean Blue near you. For your convenience of course.

Mary Ann

11 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

It was not up charged on a recent Escape Bayamo dinner. See the Escape Bayamo thread. Bayamo changed from Cuban food to the same menu as Ocean Blue. I’m sure all the  upcharges will be coming soon to an Ocean Blue near you. For your convenience of course.

Mary Ann

They had the upcharges already on the Joy but then took them off about a month ago 

Hope they don’t re-add them again 🙈

WOW, I missed you were going to be on this cruise and so happy I found this thread!
Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to post pictures and information! Not sailing until

August but your report has made me very excited. Thank you!

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

As if NCL needed a reason to bring Spice H2O back (where our finale was held last year)...

9D04D514-260B-4C11-9167-BC4433CE401F.thumb.jpeg.0970b8712520e064a48a72be551608e7.jpeg

Saw a great video clip from a witness to this finale moment... unfortunately it's not somewhere I can share it here, but I'll see what I can do. 

I'm enjoying following along with your trip report .... would have been great to be on an NCL ship with you leading the roll call thread. 

Could you do some of us a favor and check out something regarding the Premium Plus Beverage package.  When we were on the Bliss the Veuve Cliquot was listed as $99 per bottle and high $30 something per glass.  It was included both by the glass and by the bottle in the Premium Plus Beverage package and we enjoyed both options.  Someone who is on the Encore now posted a little while ago saying they are being charged for the Veuve Cliquot by the bottle and were told it is no longer part of the package.  It is still shown as included in the Premium Plus Beverage flyer on NCL's website.  I haven't seen anyone post the enhanced wine menu available in the restaurants that had a * next to each wine included in the PPB.  If you have time could you check it out please.

Thank you:)

Onda looks great - which it was on the Sun which is our next NCL ship come May 2020.

13 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

I'm enjoying following along with your trip report .... would have been great to be on an NCL ship with you leading the roll call thread. 

Could you do some of us a favor and check out something regarding the Premium Plus Beverage package.  When we were on the Bliss the Veuve Cliquot was listed as $99 per bottle and high $30 something per glass.  It was included both by the glass and by the bottle in the Premium Plus Beverage package and we enjoyed both options.  Someone who is on the Encore now posted a little while ago saying they are being charged for the Veuve Cliquot by the bottle and were told it is no longer part of the package.  It is still shown as included in the Premium Plus Beverage flyer on NCL's website.  I haven't seen anyone post the enhanced wine menu available in the restaurants that had a * next to each wine included in the PPB.  If you have time could you check it out please.

Thank you:)

Onda looks great - which it was on the Sun which is our next NCL ship come May 2020.

I, too, am very intrested in this. My wife Loves her Veuve....