Cruise Critic Community
Joeghartman

Atlantis Amsterdam to Barcelona July 2020

Originally, I had my mind set on the Mediterranean Celebrity Apex pride cruise, but I see  Atlantis listed a European cruise July 12-22 on NCL jade.

https://atlantisevents.com/Amsterdam-Barcelona-Cruise/overview

As a repeat customer for NCL, will I receive the latitude points with NCL since this will be booked through the Atlantis website?  Also, we are not drinkers or looking for a party atmosphere...will this sailing be more of an older crowd considering the length of the trip?

I have heard people have gotten Crown and Anchor points for Atlantis cruises on Royal Caribbean ships but I'm not sure about NCL.

I wouldn't expect to get any Latitudes points for this cruise:

Which cruises do not qualify for Rewards points?

Chartered cruises (with the exception of Sixthman charters) and cruises taken at a reduced fare i.e. travel agent rates, IATA rates, Interline rates, employee rates, vendor rates. Complimentary cruises such as inaugural events and cruises taken via a cruise certificate e.g. cruise winners and Bingo winners also do not qualify for Rewards points.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, hawkeyetlse said:

I wouldn't expect to get any Latitudes points for this cruise:

Which cruises do not qualify for Rewards points?

Chartered cruises (with the exception of Sixthman charters) and cruises taken at a reduced fare i.e. travel agent rates, IATA rates, Interline rates, employee rates, vendor rates. Complimentary cruises such as inaugural events and cruises taken via a cruise certificate e.g. cruise winners and Bingo winners also do not qualify for Rewards points.

I was thinking that. Thank you.

I have done one Atlantis/NCL cruise, and I believe it did not give us points.  In contrast, Atlantis cruises on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Holland America have all given us points in their loyalty programs.  

We have done many Atlantis trips - the non-Caribbean, non-Mexican cruises do tend to be less party oriented.  Many (but not all) of the folks who go on these trips want to see the ports and have excursions planned.  As a result, they don't stay up quite as late at the parties.  The crowd is also typically a bit older than the Caribbean/Mexican cruises.