Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Single Cruiser

Live from Encore TA

Recommended Posts

On 11/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, david_sobe said:

Tell them to take the protective wrapping off the lights so we can see it better 😉

 

I thought it had the wrappers on it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Single Cruiser said:


Yes what was the dance floor area is now more casino machines 

Thanks.  I was hoping that was not the case.  Really enjoyed that area on the Escape 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, sid_9169 said:

Great to see Clarense (cowboy) on board! Is Bong also on the ship?


Yes! 
 

 

53D31D2D-7DF1-48CE-B3BC-1B2E2FF48DFC.jpeg

B2193870-4FA0-4422-8992-53185EF6267F.jpeg

Edited by bluesea777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sid_9169 said:

That's awesome news! I'm sailing on December 1st...


ENJOY!!!
 

They are in the Sugarcane bar. The guy on the right is Pedro and he’s also excellent!

 

We tipped them all 3 well!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 11:11 PM, outbackpaul said:

 

I thought it had the wrappers on it too


here is the close up of the Bubble *rap ...

 

 

BB0EB029-AD96-42DD-8EFE-657F01CD4E18.jpeg

8DCF8E87-34C5-4387-9A6F-1D39957C27BB.jpeg

FE1042F3-851E-45CB-89B2-794BDD4FE894.jpeg

78F78A22-0068-435E-808B-B82EB5BE26D6.jpeg

Edited by bluesea777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, GA Dave said:

Very cool they did that.  Have a wonderful trip.


Got another one upon arrival to New York ..

 

6DF0755A-39F3-471C-8FF7-DEEA040F7D2A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:


here is the close up of the Bubble *rap ...

 

 

BB0EB029-AD96-42DD-8EFE-657F01CD4E18.jpeg

8DCF8E87-34C5-4387-9A6F-1D39957C27BB.jpeg

FE1042F3-851E-45CB-89B2-794BDD4FE894.jpeg

78F78A22-0068-435E-808B-B82EB5BE26D6.jpeg

If this is the finished product I think someone was trying to be different and "artsy".

I will reserve judgement until I see it but for now....let's just say  it doesn't look

attractive in the pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:


Got another one upon arrival to New York ..

 

6DF0755A-39F3-471C-8FF7-DEEA040F7D2A.jpeg

Gorgeous shot! Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bluesea777 said:


ENJOY!!!
 

They are in the Sugarcane bar. The guy on the right is Pedro and he’s also excellent!

 

We tipped them all 3 well!

 

You mentioned tipping really well.....in general terms what would that be double the so called standard of 15%...triple that....or a fifty at the end of the cruise....please you don't have to share...I know its a very personal question.

 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, biguntx said:

You mentioned tipping really well.....in general terms what would that be double the so called standard of 15%...triple that....or a fifty at the end of the cruise....please you don't have to share...I know its a very personal question.

 

Thanks,

 

Remember if you have the drink package promo which most do you have already paid gratuities in advance to the tune of 20%.  Just a reminder for when you are deciding how much "extra" to tip if you so choose to do.

Edited by ColeThornton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review and pics.  We were on this sailing as well - first time NCL

 

Other than the picture left on our bed the last day, did you receive anything else to commemorate this sailing?  I was shocked at the lack of hoopla and attention paid to being the first sailing. 
 

Very pleased with some aspects of the cruise and not so much with others. I wrote a quick review; which doesn’t come close to yours.  Thanks for sharing with others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maggieq said:

Great review and pics.  We were on this sailing as well - first time NCL

 

Other than the picture left on our bed the last day, did you receive anything else to commemorate this sailing?  I was shocked at the lack of hoopla and attention paid to being the first sailing. 
 

Very pleased with some aspects of the cruise and not so much with others. I wrote a quick review; which doesn’t come close to yours.  Thanks for sharing with others. 


no just that tatty photo!   The trophies from Doug’s events would be far more collectible! 
 

im just on the plane home now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, LrgPizza said:

Vibe sold 2 passes. I asked because I thought it was funny. The guest services guy said he tried to talk them out of it, and that he expected they would refund their money. 
 

Had Onda for dinner, and we very much enjoyed it. Much better than La Cucina, in my opinion. With our dining plan we were told 2 apps, entree, and dessert each, which was plenty. Well, more than plenty. 3 of the 4 apps we ordered were huge. The entrees were huge, too. 
 

Guns n Rojas were fabulous both nights. Best band I’ve ever seen in a ship. They rocked the atrium tonight. 

 

I believe I saw this guy on the 6th or 7th day returning the passes! Sorry but that was dumb for him to buy them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 2:00 PM, CazV said:

That's disappointing... was hoping for a wander around up there when it wasn't open for play. Oh well... 

 

I wondered in there when it wasn't open. It just had those portable line things. I walked around took some pictures and even dipped under one in full view of a staff member and he didn't even acknowledge me at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

 

I wondered in there when it wasn't open. It just had those portable line things. I walked around took some pictures and even dipped under one in full view of a staff member and he didn't even acknowledge me at all. 

 

I may just chance my luck 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Single Cruiser said:


im just on the plane home now 

 

Hope you have a safe journey home.

Thank you for taking us along. It takes a lot of patience to post these live threads 🙂 

Edited by CazV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 6:13 PM, Single Cruiser said:


they do all rock .  From Nirvana to Quo and Depeche Mode.   Anything with a good guitar rift .

 

Thank you so much! Love reading your review!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 6:13 PM, Single Cruiser said:


they do all rock .  From Nirvana to Quo and Depeche Mode.   Anything with a good guitar rift .

Speaking of Depeche Mode...I absolutely LOVED the Depeche Mode cover band on Bliss last year.  Anyone know if they're still on Bliss?  And looking forward to this band on Encore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much.  We spent a lot of time there on the Escape so we will it’s that for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...