ideas for carrying medallion around the ship?

jujuyu211

7 hours ago, jujuyu211 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions, pictures, product links, and the laughs... 😂

I know the medallion is about the size of a quarter but was wondering how heavy it is? and the plastic case... is that heavy and how big is it? 

The plastic case weighs .3 oz, (2/1/8"x 3") the Medallion weighs .4 oz.

I also thought of another cool idea for after the cruise... I'm thinking to put a magnet behind the medallion and stick it on our fridge for a souvenir! This would be much nicer than collecting a bunch of cruise cards in a box somewhere I'll never dig up again.

There's no need to attach magnet to the back. The Medallion have a built in magnet so they'll stick on their own.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, coconut cruiser said:

I used to keep cruise card on a lanyard but the increased weight of the medallion made a lanyard uncomfortable on our Regal cruise so my husband offered to carry it in his pocket since we are usually together or I just left it in the cabin.  Later I realized that would show that I went in a lot of men's rooms if they were tracking where I went. Giggle.

Did you?????

• Haha 1

We got the bands from Princess that we ordered to come with our medallions.  They are a nice, soft silicone that must have something magnetized in the holder are because the band sort of sucks the medallion into place.  I think they are $12 on board and $10 + shipping (that amounts to a total of $12 each) if you order them when you order your medallions.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:18 AM, pompeii said:

Here's a photo of my watch with the holder and medallion:

image.png.989b46e24335152f4a1f59b2aa701ba0.png

Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Luke3DP-Adapter-Holding-Carnival-Medallion/dp/B07RC2PYG4

image.thumb.png.0b38e5cf162daab75d4ab925896feed6.png

Love this idea. I wouldn't need a second thing to carry.  I leave Saturday and this wouldn't get here until 1/2 through our trip.  Next time. 😊

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There's no need to attach magnet to the back. The Medallion have a built in magnet so they'll stick on their own.

Even better!! Just have to remember not to put it on our cruise door or it will be unlocked all the time 😂

On 11/3/2019 at 7:38 AM, JimmyVWine said:

I suppose with a nice big glass of water you could swallow it and then it would be with you all day. Of course, you would probably have to repeat this process every other day or so!

Scanning that for a drink could be awkward.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Your source for this info?

The Medallion itself and post #60. 

I'm not sure why they built a magnet into them since some people can't use a magnet near their pacemaker even though it not all that powerful.

I think the idea was to keep the Medallion stuck in the jewelry they sell on board.  

14 hours ago, jujuyu211 said:

Even better!! Just have to remember not to put it on our cruise door or it will be unlocked all the time 😂

Joke taken but when the Medallion is next to the entry screen it has to be separated a ways off to reset itself before it reactivates & unlocks once again. 

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if you look at the reviews, somebody actually posted a pic with medallions in these clips.

medallion holder.png

we used them in May ... seems like once we had to take the medallion out of the clip ... but can't remember what for ...

worked well , and that's a good pic as it shows some of the writing on the OM is hidden by the clip

and yes, our OM's have been on the fridge since then ... no need to attach a magnet at all

Edited by voljeep

34 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we used them in May ... seems like once we had to take the medallion out of the clip ... but can't remember what for ...

worked well , and that's a good pic as it shows some of the writing on the OM is hidden by the clip

and yes, our OM's have been on the fridge since then ... no need to attach a magnet at all

Does that mean you can 'stick em' on the cabin wall, cause the walls are metal?

Another vote for these!! I just ordered them for my husband and myself. They come in a variety of colors, but we just bought the black and white one. 

https://www.amazon.com/EverAct-Compatible-Holder-Replacement-Fitbit/dp/B01KO2T45U/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=EverAct+Compatible+Clip+Holder+Replacement+for+Fitbit+Zip+(Set+of+2%2F3%2F4)&qid=1572977586&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1

Edited by casandbliz

On 11/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, coconut cruiser said:

I used to keep cruise card on a lanyard but the increased weight of the medallion made a lanyard uncomfortable on our Regal cruise so my husband offered to carry it in his pocket since we are usually together or I just left it in the cabin.  Later I realized that would show that I went in a lot of men's rooms if they were tracking where I went. Giggle.

Thank you so much for the best laugh I have had all week. But you have made me think about something that never crossed my mind.

We have at least a dozen Disney "magic bands" from visits to the parks. I'm wondering if the medallion would fit into one of these. They are silicon and have a removable disc but since we haven't cruised with the medallion yet I don't know if the size is compatible. Has anybody tried it?

7 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

We have at least a dozen Disney "magic bands" from visits to the parks. I'm wondering if the medallion would fit into one of these. They are silicon and have a removable disc but since we haven't cruised with the medallion yet I don't know if the size is compatible. Has anybody tried it?

I'm curious if Disney provides the wrist bands for free?