Harmony help with pricing for 3?

Any suggestions...

We are planning to go on Harmony for my parent's 50th anniversary.

We have 2 adults with 3 kids.

My parents want a room for 2.

Realistically, price wise it is only $2700 for a central park balcony for 2. but when you get a cabin for 3 it becomes $4443 for an inside cheaper room or $5290 for 3 people in that same central park balcony. We tried looking at getting a cabin for 5 and it looks like 8K!  Even a studio cabin for 1 person is $2800 which makes no sense as it is cheaper to get a double cabin and use only half of it.

We are looking at next summer. Any suggestions?  Has anyone else had this issue?

Jenn

The way Royal works is kinda crazy with more than 2 people in a room...for example, I just booked a few days ago on Harmony for a cruise the 1st of December this year.  It was cheaper to get a room for 3 in an oversized balcony room than it was to book for 2 in any other stateroom on the ship.  I know that summer sailings are more expensive, but that price seems high.  I agree with Biker19, see what a TA can do.....because the Royal website can drive you mental.

As a TA I run into this all the time when pricing cruises for clients.  Since there are fewer cabins that hold 3 or more they raise the price of the first 2 guests so it is not just like you are adding a third person.

the other issue is that when TA’s have group space at a reduced rate it only includes double occupancy cabins.  I’ve had a few cases where it was cheaper to book 3 double occupancy cabins than it was to book a double and a triple.  Try pricing out the cheapest interior as well as the 2 cabins that you want.

Another way around it is if one of the kids is under 3 then they will allow you to book a double occupancy room and add a pack n play. I have clients sailing on Harmony next week that did this and it saved them just over $1000.

You could also look at sailing during times that they offer kids sail free (as long as one kid is 12 or under)

We have the same situation - 2 adults and 3 kids cruising on Harmony in July. We booked one adult and one child in an outside balcony cabin and 1 adult and the other two children in a much cheaper inside cabin (promenade view, Deck 7) across the hall.