How do you ladies carry your Sea Pass card to dinner?

tinykygal

This isn't a lanyard debate question, but after many cruises I still find that keeping up with my pass card at dinner is aggravating.

My attire doesn't allow me to stick it in pockets and my small dinner purses/clutch usually lands in the floor.  The chairs won't hold a strap.

I use a very casual lanyard around ship and in port.

What works best for you?

I only wear clothes with pockets, I refuse to buy into the ridiculously sexist nonsense from manufacturers that only put pockets in men's trousers. 

So I put my card in my trouser pocket.

Of course the iPad is a little more challenging; I always sail solo so I carry it all the time so I can sit and read quietly when I wish to. That does sometime have to end on the floor although if I'm dining alone it can sit on the table - depends a little on the chair design, if there are solid sides or it's a bench type seat (although I avoid them if poss, hate them)  it can sit beside me.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

Except for formal nights, I wear my trusty lanyard to the dining room. I don't care if other PAX might think it looks tacky. I do it for my convenience.

On formal nights it goes in my evening bag, at least until after I leave the dining room.

Edited by flamomo
  • Like 4

I realize you are asking this of the ladies but perhaps this might be helpful.  As we are together at for dinner (and most other times on board) my wife typically has me hold on to it for her with mine. 

Neither of us use lanyards at any time and I always have a pocket that I can put them in.  If she needs hers she simply takes it from me and usually gives is back afterwards.  She also usually has a pocket most other times somewhere as well if she wants to hang on to it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I have a small purse that carries my seapass card, my reading glasses (menu), and my distance glasses (theater).  It hasn't slipped off my lap yet.

One time (only) I put my card in my pants pocket.  Sat down or slouched, bent the card.  Had to get it replaced at guest services.

Up until our last cruise, I just didn't take it to dinner with me. I counted on my husband not ditching me and leaving me outside the cabin with no way back in. Last cruise, I just thought "what the heck" and wore the lanyard. I'll never win a best dressed passenger contest anyway.

• Like 3

I have a couple of things, depending on what I intend to schlep around.   one is a small Thai bag with a long strap that is big enough to hold the sea pass card and my iPhone( camera)  if I have my iPad, its in a case that has credit card slots so it goes in there.  otherwise I am using my regular crossbody bag that is my go to for ports.  

6 hours ago, crzndeb said:

My bra or camisole...sorry, you asked. Sometimes that’s where it goes during the day if I don’t have pockets. I don’t wear lanyards. 

6 hours ago, crzndeb said:

My bra or camisole...sorry, you asked. Sometimes that’s where it goes during the day if I don’t have pockets. I don’t wear lanyards. 

Makes me smile.  We had a dinner mate who kept us smiling.

One evening she reached down and out came sea pass card, cell phone and lipstick 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I have a small purse that carries my seapass card, my reading glasses (menu), and my distance glasses (theater).  It hasn't slipped off my lap yet.

One time (only) I put my card in my pants pocket.  Sat down or slouched, bent the card.  Had to get it replaced at guest services.

My thoughts exactly.

I find my dress slacks barely have what is called a pocket.

my husband will carry it as much n the past if necessary.

BTW, I cannot count the number of cards I have found and returned to guest services.

I carry a small purse....to dinner, anywhere.  I like to have tissues, lipstick, comb, etc....takes too much time to go back to the cabin for "touch ups".  If you put it on the floor...what's the issue?  Simply pick it up when you leave!

• Like 1

I have a small beaded black evening bag to carry my things; I've attached a thin satin ribbon to the inside that can be flipped out at the zipper closure.  When we get to the dinner table, I take our my collapsible purse hook, attach the evening bag by the ribbon and set the hook on the table.  Purse hooks can be purchased anywhere from Etsy to the dollar store.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I realize you are asking this of the ladies but perhaps this might be helpful.  As we are together at for dinner (and most other times on board) my wife typically has me hold on to it for her with mine. 

Same here.  I carry my wife's card in my pocket so she doesn't have to carry anything.

I travel solo. I have a small black bag, I can use it for dressier or more casual (no bling) -- holds my card key, Kindle, paper with evening events and maybe lip gloss. At dinner I just place it under my chair (so it isn't trodden upon by waiters) close enough to be easily retrieved.

Edited by cruisemom42

I'm in the 'small purse" camp.    How does anyone manage without tissues, lip balm or lipstick, sunglasses (depending on time of year/location), either a phone or small camera?   To me those are essentials that I don't go anywhere without.