Cruise Critic Community
lambs2

Is it possible to use docusign on an NCL (Jade) computer in the internet cafe?

Hubby has an important transaction closing in a couple weeks and we will be half way around the world on a 21 day cruise. Is docu-sign possible  in an NCL ship's internet cafe (specifically = theJade)?  (I am  miffed that this is affecting our cruise relaxation time, but trying to find out for him.) All we will have with us is an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, but were hoping the internet cafe  might have this capability. Anyone know for sure?

I'm assuming the issue is that the docu-sign doesn't work on a fire.

To ease your mind until someone else answers (I can't answer definitely because I've not been on the Jade) - I think you are OK.  On all of the ships I've been on, the internet cafe has computers/laptops so it shouldn't be an issue - you might have to pay to "rent" a workstation and pay for internet time if you don't have a wifi package, but other than that, I can't see why not.

You could also join the rollcall for your cruise and see if anybody there is traveling with a laptop that they'd let you borrow if need be.

Possibly, maybe - but are you willing to roll the dices and take a chance.  NOT.

I don't know the specific configuration and build of the PC/terminals on the Jade, but in general - they are barebone with a browser and few, if any, add-ons.  I would NOT count on having it and/or able to use it ... not if it is for an important transaction, whether it's financial or whatever, requiring a digital signature or equivalent.  

Bring your own - borrow or buy a tablet/iPad or even Chromebook with the tested Adobe's add-on ?? (optional) capabilities - tested as usable ahead of time.  Furthermore, I would make sure to have redudancy, a secondary or backup means of viewing the documents AND signing it remotely.  

Is this on a sea day and/or possibly to be in a non-US port with access to land-based resources ?  

@lambs2 Will you be At Sea or in Port? If in Port I would start now locating an internet cafe and calling to verify.

https://support.docusign.com/guides/ndse-user-guide-system-requirements

System Requirements

Most modern computers will work just fine with DocuSign eSignature. But just to be thorough, this topic provides the minimum system requirements needed to enjoy the DocuSign eSignature experience.

Supported Browsers

DocuSign eSignature supports the latest stable release (except where noted) of the following browsers:

chrome_90x90.png icon-firefox_90x90.png Safari icon ie9-10-48x48_90x90.png edge-logo_90x90.png
Chrome Firefox Safari Internet Explorer
11+
Windows Edge

Screen Resolution

• 1024 x 768 minimum (for desktops and laptops)

Security

• Allow per session cookies
  • Users accessing the Internet behind a Proxy Server must enable HTTP 1.1 settings via proxy connection
  • Firewall settings must allow access to the following server: https://docucdn-a.akamaihd.net. DocuSign leverages Akamai as a content delivery service to enhance our application's performance.

Edited by JennyB1977

Thanks MKing and Janny. Our son iust told us he will monitor our email daily and take care of the document when it arrives as he is part of this transaction, anyway. I do appreciate both your answers! 

Edited by lambs2

Very good, that's a much more reliable Plan A than counting on the Jade's public terminal/PC work station used by many ... (most recently, the Dawn is down to 2 terminals plus 1 used by the iCafe manager) - almost walked right past it.  Last year on the Gem, only 3 out 4 terminals were working.  Escape has more stations but they too are barebone, basic browser - no abiiity to do add-on or change any default settings (surely, I understood, locked down by the sys.admin)  Not even the NotePad, let alone WordPad being accessible or usable - and I didn't see  Acrobat Reader/equivalent or similar.  No access to the Control Panel (obvioulsy) to see the System/Settings, etc. to see how current the OS was.