Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, bigeagle12 said:

Will they allow my wife and I to each carry on a 1 liter bottle?

 

17oz each, 12 count total per cabin. Must carry on

 

Is 1 liter more than 17 ounces?  So no, you might not be able to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

1 liter = 33.8 oz.  Since the rule is 17oz containers that would be a no.  Rules are rules, and just follow them.  Than you won't need to ask.

 

Gotta love how you tell people what the rule is and they just can’t comprehend that it actually pertains to them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would give bigeagle the benefit of the doubt.  When RCCL instituted this policy I had to figure out what 17.5 oz equated to ml, and why there was as weird number in regards to the ounces.

 

When I started to look at water bottles in my grocery stores, some are listed in at 16 ounces while other were listed at 17.5 oz/500 ml.  Scale this up to quarts vs 1 liters. 

 

Don't let certain people know that certain US business are basing some of their rules based on the meter system.  🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gatour said:

I would give bigeagle the benefit of the doubt.  When RCCL instituted this policy I had to figure out what 17.5 oz equated to ml, and why there was as weird number in regards to the ounces.

 

When I started to look at water bottles in my grocery stores, some are listed in at 16 ounces while other were listed at 17.5 oz/500 ml.  Scale this up to quarts vs 1 liters. 

 

Don't let certain people know that certain US business are basing some of their rules based on the meter system.  🙂 

Soda Pop for me. Been bringing Mt Dew onboard for 30yrs, use to be 2ltrs as small bottles were glass back then. Now, soda Bottle's are plastic 16.9oz/500ml, so 12pack of soda bottle is easy, and more liquid then a 12pack of 12oz cans. Laying on my Serenade Couch as I'm typing this, drinking one my Dew bottles.. Like when go on NCL, they have Soda bottle Vending machines on some their ships

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, matj2000 said:

You can probably get the 1 liter bottle on. 

 

I don't think they really care that much..

 

Hmm.  Great advice.

 

Since people have had to shed anything more than 12 containers, you think they will ignore the size limit?

 

It is possible.  But it is also just or more possible, they will say NO.  

 

Hmm, how about this advice, bring TWO 500 ml bottles. 😄

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 2:03 PM, ONECRUISER said:

17oz each, 12 count total per cabin. Must carry on

Per cabin? I didn’t realize that. 

Do they look at xrays to count?

I’m curious how if two people are each carrying 12 bottles they know they’re in the same cabin. Do they check Sail Passes?

i was hoping we could each carry 12 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Per cabin? I didn’t realize that. 

Do they look at xrays to count?

I’m curious how if two people are each carrying 12 bottles they know they’re in the same cabin. Do they check Sail Passes?

i was hoping we could each carry 12 

Going through the security bag scanner they do not know or care who is with who. We always take two bottles of wine in each carry on.  Happy cruising 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Has to be carried on, so if they see any containers on the x-ray, they may ask to inspect the bag,

My question is, if I have 12 bottles of water, and my husband has 12 bottles of water, how do they know we’re 12 bottles over the maximum per cabin?

If they’re relying on the scanner and not looking at luggage tags   

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My question is, if I have 12 bottles of water, and my husband has 12 bottles of water, how do they know we’re 12 bottles over the maximum per cabin?

If they’re relying on the scanner and not looking at luggage tags   

 

They may not know at all, but asking how to cheat on a website that is known to be read by the cruise line is not a good thing.  There was a time when some cruise terminals were keeping track of wine bottles by stateroom.  I hope that does not come back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

They may not know at all, but asking how to cheat on a website that is known to be read by the cruise line is not a good thing.  There was a time when some cruise terminals were keeping track of wine bottles by stateroom.  I hope that does not come back.

Not trying to cheat. Trying to find out what happens. 

I have been trying to check faqs on the website to be sure that it’s 12 bottles per cabin. That’s not even one per day per person. 

I can’t find anything using my iPhone. 

I thought it was per person like wine. 

I was just wondering how in the world they would know if each person took 12 bottles of water. 

I would not try to take 2 bottles of wine each. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Not trying to cheat. Trying to find out what happens. 

I have been trying to check faqs on the website to be sure that it’s 12 bottles per cabin. That’s not even one per day per person. 

I can’t find anything using my iPhone. 

I thought it was per person like wine. 

I was just wondering how in the world they would know if each person took 12 bottles of water. 

I would not try to take 2 bottles of wine each. 

I guess that if you cheat they will change there policy eg , how did they know that pac's were only buying one drink package and sharing .

there is more profit in bottle water .

IF you are taking it on you are not buying it and that is lost $$$ for RCL

 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

 

:classic_rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

I guess that if you cheat they will change there policy eg , how did they know that pac's were only buying one drink package and sharing .

there is more profit in bottle water .

IF you are taking it on you are not buying it and that is lost $$$ for RCL

 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

 

:classic_rolleyes:

Thanks. That is what I was trying to find on my iPhone. It kept saying too many redirects!!

We’ll just have to make do with 12 bottles. 

It’s shame RCI charges such a ridiculous price. 

I do order my water in Princess....higher than at home but reasonable. 

Edited by jagsfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

 ...

It’s shame RCI charges such a ridiculous price. ...

 

Agree 1000%.  If RC just charged double retail it would not be bad, but theie price for bottled water is just too high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Thanks. That is what I was trying to find on my iPhone. It kept saying too many redirects!!

We’ll just have to make do with 12 bottles. 

It’s shame RCI charges such a ridiculous price. 

I do order my water in Princess....higher than at home but reasonable. 

It's the Brand they sell. Really not great Profit compared other items they sell. A 6 pack Evian at Store about $12, $24 total for 12 which Royal sells for $39. At least they are the large bottles instead small ones

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

17oz US = 502.7500046875 ml

:classic_rolleyes:

Like how works out with Soda bottles. 16.9oz/500ml. Finishing my 12 pack right now on Serenade. But many water bottles are same size. Have feeling thats where they got the rule of this size soda/water

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...