Silhouette 1st night specialty restaurant discounts: Which one to book?

fstuff1

14 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The Summit was revolutionized this spring.  We spent two weeks on her in September.  There was no new restaurant.  Whatever this is, it's very new.  (Maybe a one day thing?) 

Thanks, I can’t  imagine where it would possibly be held.  Maybe one night?

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

This is something new. Were they using the grill area where the hamburgers are served at lunch? Seating by the pool? Sounds like they are doing everything possible to make more profit !!!

$45 per person ???? WOW !!!!

no idea how much it costs.

how did you know it was $45 on the summit?

Edited by fstuff1

9 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

This is something new. Were they using the grill area where the hamburgers are served at lunch? Seating by the pool? Sounds like they are doing everything possible to make more profit !!! $45 per person ???? WOW !!!!

So LCG is $30 on the first night and $45 other nights?  Expensive grill food.

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you think so?  The menu contains a salad bar, flatbread pizza for starters. Rib eyes, filets, beef tenderloin, shrimp, scallops, lamb, fish, etc. for main courses.  And, a wonderful hot chocolate chip "cookie" with ice cream for desert.  And, all you can eat.  Plus, a lot of times you can work a discount.  

It does not seem too out of line to me.  But, all of us have our own opinions.  😊

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Texed said:

Do you think so?  The menu contains a salad bar, flatbread pizza for starters. Rib eyes, filets, beef tenderloin, shrimp, scallops, lamb, fish, etc. for main courses.  And, a wonderful hot chocolate chip "cookie" with ice cream for desert.  And, all you can eat.  Plus, a lot of times you can work a discount.  

It does not seem too out of line to me.  But, all of us have our own opinions.  😊

Uh, yeah.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

All the specialty restaurants on Celebrity are VERY pricey.

I do not find LCG out of line compared to Tuscan, Murano and LPC.

Actually I find Eden and LPC (what was Qsine) WAY overpriced.

They are all about the show.

I was not impressed with the food.

Also neither has any bread or salt and pepper available !!!

• Like 1

I like Murano but would do LCG.  With it only available on 2 ships the Sil and Ref always a welcome choice.  I have never had problems with weather when there, I only usually go on the ships in the Car so its usually good overall.  Nothing wrong with Murano but I wouldn't want to do it first night since to me that is completely casual, kind of rushed overall night for many.  New cruisers searching ship, 100's questions by everyone.  Meeting your favorite bartender etc.  I am doing the LCG on my Ref cruise on Nov 18th first night.  Murano was not offered as a discount only other choice was Tuscan.  I have never had issues with Tuscan but have seen many people who over the last few years are not fans of it anymore.  I will probably go to it on the cruise if I can get a good deal.  But only will go to LCG, 1-2 nights and Murano one.  Ill do Sushi on 5 probably at some point if I can get a good deal on an all you can eat thing.   

43 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'll stick with Murano on the first night.  Maybe a visit to Tuscan Grille and Sushi on 5.  The rest of the time I'll stay with Blu.

the murano menu (https://www.beyondships2.com/celebrity-silhouette-murano-menu.html) is of similar type to Eden's menu from the Edge.

multiple courses. 2 choices to choose from for each course.

im not a fan of this type of menu.

also, Eden was $65 because of the show.

cool to see the 1st time but not worth it to me to see again.

Edited by fstuff1

2 hours ago, Texed said:

Didn't want to come across as rude.  You are right we all have different perspectives.   Might be the Grill is good when weather is nice.

11 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don't see Chateaubriand for two on the menu.  Is is no longer available?  What about the table side prep. of the lobster?  I haven't been to Murano since 2017. 

I've seen a different menu that showed the veal with some nice vegetables. But I'm not sure when that menu was posted or this one.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Didn't want to come across as rude.  You are right we all have different perspectives.   

No problem at all.  Hope you have a nice cruise.  😊

Edited by Texed

We were on Silhouette in June this year for the first time and lucky to be in a royal suite so we could eat in all the specialty restaurants. This was our first ship with a LCG, Luminae and Fernando were wonderful,  but we ate at LCG and Sushi on 5 for lunch/dinner more than anywhere else. Murano is always amazing and we ate there several times and Tuscan, which can be hit or miss for us, was actually very good this trip.  The chocolate chip cookie and the apple crumble - recommended by our concierge - are a must eat!  The staff took awesome care of us, not one complaint on the service, and there are heaters if needed. 

only opening for lawn club is 9:30pm and 10pm. 😞

i waited too long.

will it also be $30 when i'm on board to try to book an earlier time?

or book it now and try to get earlier time once onboard?

Edited by fstuff1

We were told once that they save half of the reservations for people booking on board.  Don't know if this is still true.  I would board as early as I could and go straight to LCG and see if they have space earlier.  You might be surprised.  Yes, they might have the $30/pp later in the cruise if they are not solidly booked.  Hope you get to enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Did they sell any discounts before the cruise?  Probably not?

yes, 30% off pre-cruise.

but only time's available were 9:30p and 10p.

but they usually hold 1/2 the reservations for booking while on board.

hoped the discounts still applied.

not on this cruise 😞

While Murano is my preferred specialty restaurant.....On the first night I like having a reservation around sun set in the Tuscan grill and watch the Florida coast light up as we sail out... sitting by one of the large windows. How good the view is depends upon when sunset is and when the ship departs ... but outside the lawn club... only place where you can have a fairly quiet meal while watching the sunset.... Nice way to start the trip... Okay the food isn't the best... but it isn't bad... and if the service is slow... it only means I have a longer time to watch Ft Lauderdale disappear.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:37 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don't see Chateaubriand for two on the menu.  Is is no longer available?  What about the table side prep. of the lobster?  I haven't been to Murano since 2017. 

Murano, Reflection, September 2019 - wife and I had the Chateaubriand and lobster the first time and the lobster by itself the second time. Since they were slicing the Chateaubriand the first time, they did not do the tableside lobster that evening. Had the tableside prep the second time.

so day 6 of my 9day cruise, i was offered $10 off Lawn Grill for tonite. (22% off)

i took it for $35.

today is a port day so i guess they werent that full.

same price i paid for Qsine (non- Petite Chef version) when i was on the Summit last month.